Friday, August 29, 2008

Green Eggs and Spam and a Full Night of Sleep

Remember I was so excited about the my new website? I am not so much anymore. I checked my email and my inbox was FULL of crap from this site. You guys were not kidding about the SPAM! I was so annoyed I cancelled my account. They did have an option upon cancellation to stop email, but at that point I was done. I still think they have a great thing going but it is just too much for me. I am going to miss my Spark Points *sigh*. I have since moved over to Fit Day. I like this site and it has what I need. I am not giving up my notebook yet. I have to do double entry until I have more of my favorite foods saved. It takes me forever to log my info in my online journal. Any tips for speeding that part up?

I got a full night of sleep last night. Oh God it was the best thing ever! It was great. I am still tired but I feel much better. Now we are going into a 3 day weekend and I hope to get a little more rest. I do think this episode was all anxiety induced. Thank God for the case of wine I have stashed!!!

I walked yesterday at lunch and that is about all I have done this past week. Pretty much every waking minute has been doing some sort of work. I have about another week of this craziness and then we will have a new routine. Then I can feel normal again. I have a couple of dates this weekend with my girlfriends I haven't seen in awhile. Rather than doing dinner, we are meeting up to workout. It is a good way to kill two birds with one stone.

Hope everyone has a safe holiday weekend. Enjoy!

17 comments:

BeachRunner said...

YAY to the sleep. Enjoy your holiday weekend.

Catholic Runner said...

Sorry to hear about your Spark experience for I too love my Spark Points. (I opted out of most of the emails and only get the occassional update and notifcation when someone comments on a blog)

Viv said...

LMAO at green eggs and spam. Some sites are so aggressive. Glad on the great sleep may it continue!

Have a wonderful holiday weekend....

Marcy said...

Love me some Fit Day! It totally stinks at first (having to enter in all new foods) BUT once you have all the things you eat often it gets faster. I'm in the habit of just ripping off the nutritional labels from everything I eat and taping it into the Notebook. When I log it into Fit Day it goes a little easier. It's a PITA but I promise it will get faster ;-)

D10 said...

So gald you broke the sleep cycle. Hope you get some quality sleeping this weekend.

Laura N said...

Glad you got some sleep! What a great idea to get together with the girls and workout. We need more of that around here. Enjoy your 3 day weekend.

N.D. said...

I use fitday - I find it easy to use and they just upgraded features so it is good! Glad you got some sleep! Enjoy the weekend!

AKA Alice said...

I haven't looked at FitDay, but it sounds sort of like some software I bought about a year ago from calorieking.com. It cost $45, but it includes a HUGE database with just about every food (including fast food, chain restaurant food like Chili's and Applebees, and the stuff you buy at Trader Joe's and Costco) you can imagine. The database updates regularly and adds new foods. I can also track my workouts through it.

We'll worth the moola.

Glad you got some sleep. Don't say I didn't warn you about SparkNotes. You're right, it sounds like such a good idea!

The Young Family said...

I used fit day for a while - I am just not good at logging, it does get easier after you get your main foods in there... I too took the labels off of stuff, and it did make the initial logging of food easier... maybe I should start up again!? lol. we shall see.

Em

Nicole said...

Hey - I just signed up at that new fit day site. Thanx for the link!

And FYI, do not do a search for your blog title.

chia said...

Fit Day has been a great tool for me as well, it's just a pain getting all the cool foods logged in at first.

Hope you have a fun relaxing weekend! Chick dates at the gym are really the best - enjoy!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

sleep is good

and meeting up for friends for workouts is awesome!

MizFit said...

Im gonna take this as a SIGN

I love that book
as does my toddler

and I have an appt to meet with a tattoo artist about a GREEN EGGS AND SPAM TAT.
errr, HAM :)

Miz.

RooBabs said...

I hope your long weekend was nice and relaxing (and anxiety free). Hopefully things have settled down from the end-of-summer/back-to-school craziness.

About FitDay, it's a little tough logging in your foods at first, but like others, I tear off nutrition labels and try to log them in once a day. After a while, it's easier if you eat a lot of the same foods. Sorry about all the Spam from SparkPeople, though.

Shosh said...

UGH I was considering checking out that site but now no way! One or two things a week is OK but clogging ones in box is not.

Hope you enjoyed the long weekend, with very little spam and NO green eggs.

Shosh said...

UGH I was considering checking out that site but now no way! One or two things a week is OK but clogging ones in box is not.

Hope you enjoyed the long weekend, with very little spam and NO green eggs.

Stace said...

I am so glad you got some sleep!
I thought I opted out of some of the mail from Spark People, but I accidentally wound up in a group, and it must have been the "I love to send useless email" group, because that's what they did.
Hope you got some great exercise this past weekend!