Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I Got Nothing!

I am spent. I am so tired my bones hurt. Too bad my exhaustion is not from a blood pumping workout. I can't sleep. The Insomnia Fairy has come to visit again and I can't seem to get rid of her. She has come 3 times this week and thinks that 2 AM is a prime time to wake me up.

I am not sure why I am laying awake during the night. I have been cutting my caffeine intake down. I don't feel stressed out even though I have a lot going on right now. Maybe it is anxiety about my son starting kindergarten and how our routine is being given a rude awakening. Whatever the issue, I don't know why it is bothering me enough to be awake at all hours of the night. I even took 2 Tylenol PM last night and it didn't help at all. Tonight I am trying wine...2 glasses of wine usually knocks me out. I think the groundhog and Abe Lincoln are missing me (what was that commercial????)

The Push-up and Ab Challenges are on hold at this time. I just cannot add anything else to my plate at the moment. I need these challenges, but they will have to wait. In fact, I really haven't done anything this week due to lack of sleep and needy children. Tomorrow is when I see "Sarge" aka Staci and she will make me walk at lunch. I will bring clothes this time.

On a great note, I found out that I can take swimming lessons at my work gym that I belong to for a fraction of what it was going to cost me doing it through a community education program. I am signing up tomorrow when I get into the office. I hope the space is still open. The class starts on September 7th and runs for 8 weeks. It is an intermediate class that focuses on stroke refinement. I am very excited because I have been wanting to swim as a form of cross training. I don't have the breathing down so I look like a tool in the water. I guess I better start shopping for a swimsuit and goggles.

I don't know if this post is making any sense. I am seeing double at this point and I am going to try to get my Zzzzzzzzs. I have some serious catching up to do on my blog stalking. It will help me rebuild my motivation.

14 comments:

Live Well said...

I'm sorry about the insomnia! I go through that too, but instead of waking up in the middle of the night I lay in bed awake for hours until the middle of the night is over, fall asleep, and wake up about 1/2 hour before the kids wake up. It really stinks. I can usually knock off the pattern if I have a relaxing day (remind me what that is again??) and can get in bed earlier than normal, but only by about 15 minutes. You're smart to pause the challenges for now; you wouldn't be able to build muscle effectively with a lack of sleep. I hope you can relax soon!

thinkwellactwelllivewell.blogspot.com

Julia said...

Ugh. Insomnia is horrible. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it passes soon. I'm not normally a good sleeper, but with the new pup, I've been walking my butt off and I fall asleep rather easily now.

Lanceman said...

Here's to the wine doing the trick for you - if nothing else, at least it will taste good!

Swimming - that's awesome. I used to go swimming in the early mornings when I was training for a triathlon. The problem was the time (5:30 AM) and the location (20 minutes away). I wish we had a pool closer to us. We have a YMCA, but I can't justify the cost yet. Maybe someday. Anyway, swimming is great exercise, especially that it doesn't put stress on your joints like running can. I hope you make the class!

Marcy said...

Forget 2 glasses, go for the whole box :P I'm sorry chica. Insomnia sucks!

N.D. said...

I think just thinking about everything going on would fill my mind, would make me wake up and not sleep. Good luck with everything, hopefully once you get into a routine, you'll be sleeping better!

D10 said...

I get spells of insomnia too. It is the worst. Hopefully, it will pass soon. It seems like the harder you try to sleep the less you get.

That is great about the swimming. I've been thinking about taking up swimming as cross training, but if you think you look like a tool, you haven't seen me. I definitely need to take a class before I show face. Can't wait to hear about how things go.

Laura N said...

Oh man! I'm sorry to hear this. Hope it lets up soon. If worse comes to worse, call your doctor. There's plenty of good sleep meds out there.

Good news about the swim class!

Tammy said...

UGH! Sorry to hear about the insomnia. I, too, have suffered from insomnia the past couple of years.

Swimming sounds great. I would love to take lessons, too- only it would be to learn how to swim!

Oh, and the commercial is for Rozerem. That's the prescription I have now.

Viv said...

Sorry you are having the insomnia thing going on. Lack of sleep just effs everything up. I have some ambien that does the trick everytime. Once you lay off though you have one night where you will not sleep then back to regular sleep patterns. I think of it having to pay the piper. I hope you cantch some zzz's.

Lily on the Road said...

oh, that's nasty, I get up and have hot chocolate and a couple of tylenol and crawl back into bed....zzzzz shortly follow...

sweet about the swimming, that'll be great!

Stace said...

Sorry to hear you aren't sleeping. Maybe we should work you harder at lunchtime? jk : ) Good luck figuring something out. Sorry, I have no advice. I'm out as soon as my head hits the pillow.
I hope you like your swimming lessons, sounds like fun!

AKA Alice said...

Yep...wine works for me (sad but true). In truth, so does exercise (probably has something to do with alleviating stress).

Hang in there.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Insomnia stinks!!!

Andrew is getting fit said...

I feel your pain!