Saturday, August 23, 2008

It is Official

I am a Soccer Mom.

....and I drive a mini van.
*sigh*

My middle child started soccer today. It might have been the funniest thing that I have ever seen. The kids just ran in a cluster chasing the ball. All the kids did this, except my son. Where was he???? Digging holes in the sand volleyball court. I was dying of laughter because this is the same kid who got up at 6AM to get dressed for his big game. I don't think he was overly impress with this game. Even funnier than a bunch of crazy 4 years playing soccer was my husband. He got roped into being the coach. *grabbing gut and rolling on the floor laughing* That serves him right for signing me up to be on the PTA. It seems like overnight we have become the people we vowed we never would. What can I say, I am loving every minute of it.

Yesterday was a DOR for me. I was SORE after my turbo walk with my crazy co-workers. I can't complain too much because if I can keep up this routine my goal jeans will be falling off in no time! Today was a busy day and I was not feeling a workout. I hmmmmmed and haaaaaaaed about going and finally I got up off my duff, stuffed Baby Diva in the jogger, and took off. We went about 2.75 miles. Better than nothing I say.

Tomorrow is fat girl dream day. We are heading out to the Great Minnesota Get Together.....the State Fair. Food, Freaks, and Fun! I can't wait to have all my favorite artery clogging treats. I am drooling at the thought of cheese curds, fried pickles, milkshakes, and corn dogs. The good news is that we walk for hours and hours and my husband and I split all goodies. The best part about the fair is the people watching. I am going armed with a camera to document the day. Stay tuned for some good old fashioned fair fun pics.



8 comments:

MizFit said...

happy state fair day.

I SO miss my days of living in NC as they had the BEST STATE FAIR.

looking forward to pics--

Miz.

MCM Mama said...

Have fun at the fair! We went to a county fair last week in Wisconsin. I got to have a plate of "fried" for lunch (fried cheese curds, cauliflower,and mushrooms) and we got to see some really interesting people. Fun for all!

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. I sooooooo know what you are talking about with the 4 year old soccer. My now-5-year old daughter did that last fall.

Have fun at the state fair. I am jelly-ous - we dont have those kind of things anywhere near here on Long Island. I look forward to lots of pics and a full report.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Have fun being a soccer mom. Both of mine played soccer when they were little, and daughter played from age 4 to 11. I remember mob ball very well - hysterical.

Lily on the Road said...

Fried pickles? Whoa, I've never heard of that....

I love fairs, have FUN!

Shosh said...

WHERE ARE THE PICS??? And what does a fried pickle taste like?? There is something so wrong about that.

Glad you got in your walk with the baby Diva, I bet you felt great after that.

Keep it up and keep the jeans in sight...you'll be in them soon.

AKA Alice said...

Yay...fair pix, fair pix...

Watch the soccer coaching hubby...they start off relatively sane, then as the kids get a little older they become OBSESSED SOCCER-COACHING CRAZED DADS...Yelling and screaming "GO FOR THE GOAL. GO FOR THE GOAL" from the sidelines...I tell ya, it ain't pretty...

Well...that's been my experience anyway.

The Young Family said...

How is it we turn into these people?? lol. Can't wait for PTA and hubby coaching football ~ that is what life is all about right? the kids.

We are still a couple of weeks away from our big fair in Washington - Puyallup... can you say that? Pew-al-up! Love all the Indian names out here, we have Seiku (see-q) sequim (skwim?-I don't even know how to spell it out for ya!) too funny. Many more that should be a post I do, how to pronounce the names! Sorry off on a tangent there....

Em