Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Marathon is Over!

I am not talking about a race, I am talking about birthday parties. Three kids, three parties, all within 2 weeks. I am sick of cake and the tune Happy Birthday is still stuck in my head. We also threw in a family reunion into that schedule and all I can say is, I am tired. I am glad it is over so now we can start living normal life again. Here are a few pictures of Baby Diva enjoying her first birthday cake. Lets just say the apple does not fall far from the tree....



I can't believe I am going to say this, but I am happy there is no more cake in this house. The first part of August reflected big time on the scale. So much so that I am chugging water until it comes out my ears to see if I can rid some of this bloat. Hopefully next year I will be in that magical place where I can say "I just want a bite of cake" (I just giggled in my head with that thought). If I am not, the kids are getting sugar-free Jello-instead of cake (not really).

Thank you for the comments on my funk fest. I didn't realize that so many people suffered from the summertime blues. I didn't start running as planned but I did continue to walk and I still saw some nice mood lifting effects.

Workout Goals This Week:
Start 100 Push Up Challenge (MWF)
Start 30 Day Ab Challenge (MWF)
Week 1 of Couch to 5K-Yes I am back to basics

20 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Phew. That sounds exhausting.

Great pics. Baby Diva is beautiful.

And you are smart to get back to basics with the start your program. Keep it up and you will do great!

Marcy said...

OMG HOW CUTE IS SHE!! Awwwhhhh Carly what a little dolly!

I hear you, I think after par-taying for a whole weekend and indulging ( with cakes and junk) you just get to the point where it's like "Gross, get this shiz outta here" LOL

Shosh said...

Carly baby Diva is gorgeous!! And how good does that cake look. I can say that because I have not been eating it all weekend.

Getting back to basics is always a good reminder of how far we've come...you'll find it easier this time.

RunningNan said...

she's adorable!

Sounds like a great plan for the week. Week one of c25k is going to be easy for you. You can do it!

mcm mama said...

Ooh, Baby Diva is too cute! Almost makes me want another LOL.

My October is like your August with both boys birthdays as well lots of other family stuff.

Enjoy getting back in the fitness groove!

Running Knitter said...

She is the cutest!

Glad to hear your party marathon is over. :)

N.D. said...

Cute pics! The cake looks delish - that is what I would do with it too. But I know what you mean about having it in the house. Dangerous!!

Viv said...

Baby Diva is so precious! What a classic pic with the cake. since I "met" you online at you know that WW site we go to you always talk about ur love for cake so to see this pic just makes me smile
:-)

paige said...

Baby Diva looks like she's appropriatly nic named!!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

cute pics. i'm not sure she knew what to do with that cake - eat it? smear it all over her face? both?

Laura N said...

Oh, she is so cute.

But that is way too many birthdays at once! Wow, no wonder you're worn out.

I am powerless around cake. You know, it's my kryptonite.

I'm catching up on a few of your previous posts, and wanted to say that I relate to having to have your baby be 1 yr old before you finally buckled down to get the weight off. That's what I did, after my 2nd kiddo (and last--we're only having 2). And thanks for the shout out on my garage cleaning post. You can so totally do it. Just don't beat yourself up when you aren't perfect. And keep moving forward. I'll be rooting for you!!!

AKA Alice said...

mmmmmmmm....caaaaakkke...

I'm like that too.

Here's to the end of the funk-fest :-)

Dawn said...

Great pics! That cake sure looks moist...and chocolatey...and yummy! Wait, I just lost myself for a second! LOL!

Amy said...

I love the pics where it looks like they go face first into the cake. VERY cute!

Congrats on the plan. Sounds good!

RooBabs said...

I just love the "1st birthday" tradition of letting a baby dive face-first into a piece of their very own cake! It's so messy, but the pictures are worth a thousand words.

Good luck with getting back to basics- sounds like a great idea. Have fun with the push-up challenge; I may do that after the ab challenge. And Nan is right, Week 1 of C25K should be easy, so that will give you some motivation to keep on rockin' it!

MaryFran said...

Sounds like you are back on track. You got through it....with a few pounds maybe, but it's behind you. Time to refocus! You can do it!

Live Well said...

Hey we're doing the push-up challenge over on my blog starting yesterday! If you started yesterday and want to enter, post your beginning number of push-ups as a comment on the post! If not, no worries! Good luck with your push-ups either way!!

Live Well said...

forgot to tell you my blog:

thinkwellactwelllivewell.blogspot.com

Stace said...

What a gorgeous photo of Baby Diva!
Great back to basics plan - we forgot about the pushups today! I hope you are doing them now : )

D10 said...

How cute. The last picture is absolutely adorable. She is my kind of girl with the chocolate cake!

One birthday party is exhausting never mind 3 in 2 weeks.