Friday, September 19, 2008

Back at it for the 100th Time

Today I took the plunge and signed up for Weight Watchers. I am going to meetings and stepping on what I refer to as the cattle scale. I hate to admit this, but I can't do it on my own. I had success with the program before so I know I can do it again. It just kills me that I have to pay someone to track my weight loss and tell me things that should be common sense. The money is just one of the many reasons I want to succeed this time.

My girlfriend Lisa and I signed up about the same time. We decided to try the "Mom and Me" meeting. It was not quite as nice as enjoying a quiet meeting without kids but it is great to have that option. To shut my kids up during the meeting I shoved a bag of Goldfish at them. I wonder what the leader thought of my pushing food on my kids at a meeting for people who have food issues.

I am glad I went to the meeting. The topic today was negative self talk. I am notorious for beating myself up to the point that I really do fail. I am going to be working on that, among other things. When you look at the cost of meeting, I guess it is cheap therapy. Ha!

The scale read out was not as bad as I thought it was going to be BUT I have a significant amount of weight to lose. I have lost count how many times I have started WW. I know what I need to do to have the success, so I am doing it. Please bear with me as I detox off the crap in my diet.

How did it come to be that weekends are crazier than weekdays? I am bracing myself for a tornado of activities. I always hated the people that said things like "You think you are busy now....wait until you have kids"....ugh they were right. I feel like I need a clone of myself.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

11 comments:

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I think that thinking positively will make a difference. Best wishes with weight watchers. You can do it!!

BeachRunner said...

You will be successful. Remain positive and take it one step at a time.

Bev said...

I just started back to WW as well so I know where you are coming from. Just plug along and we'll get there eventually.

Lily on the Road said...

good for you! definitely a step in the right direction...you CAN do it!

Jess said...

If it works, then it works. Some times we have to fork over the moeny to motivate us. Good for you for signing up!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I'm doing it online, but I'm with you. Just plug along...

chia said...

You can do this girl! Best wishes!

D10 said...

I know many people who have lost weight and have been able to keep it off thanks to WW. Good for you for trying something new.

Shosh said...

Carly I am so proud of you!! You walked back in the door of WW for the 100th and last time. I am here to support you every step of the way.

Good for you and remember the program works if you work it.

AKA Alice said...

Hey kiddo...sorry I've been absent all week, but I've been reading along just the same (the Target post just cracked me UP!)

Hey, WeWa works for lots of people. It's a good thing to decide to do something for yourself.

Marcy said...

YOU CAN DO IT CARLY!! I just know it ;-)

ROFLMAO Carly! You sound like me with the kids, except I'd feed those suckers Jelly Beans :-X