Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Carly's Public Service Announcements

1. Wearing jeans on a 4 mile brisk walk is not ever recommended unless you want severe undercarriage chaffing. *walking like a cowboy*

2. Eating stuff that tastes "off" might be an indication that the food spoiled and you can plan on being on the toilet the rest of the day. *ugh*

Yesterday's walk was great. We did 4 miles during our lunch hour. I only changed my shirt and wore my blue jeans out for this stroll. Not smart. I could have started a forest fire with the friction from my thighs.

Today's walk was nice. Not as fast but still feel like I worked hard. I did 2.11 in 34 minutes. The only running I did was to dodge oncoming vehicles.


Other Randomness
I love September. The students return and it makes for great humor. On our walk yesterday, I was laughing the whole time. Freshman, gotta love 'em!!!!** Here are a few helpful tips for the new kids on the block.

1. There will be none of this "on your left" stuff when you are riding a bike on a pedestrian sidewalk. There is a bike path 2 feet from the sidewalk. No need to run down walkers.

2. Texting and walking. You are going to trip and fall and I am going to laugh my ass off.

3. Ladies....just because something is made in your size does not mean you should wear it.

4. Another one for the ladies, pull your pants up. As much as I love seeing your back tats, your ass crack is not that attractive (especially while riding your bike).


**I was a Freshman once and did stupid stuff all the time. I think that is my ticket to make fun of the noobs.

That is all the random BS I have for today.

17 comments:

chia said...

***eewwww**** hope your tummy is feeling better! Great advice!

Lily on the Road said...

You are cracking me up AGAIN!

"I could have started a forest fire with the friction from my thighs." ~ I can totally relate!!

Jess said...

I can second the young women's clothing choices. Even if they have the "body for it" it doesn't necessarily mean that it should be worn in public.

Marcy said...

LMAO, ohhh girl I've been there with number one. It's even worse if the day is hot :-X

Shosh said...

Carly you are killing me today. I just read your show post and your PSAs. HILARIOUS.

How is it having Baby Diva all to yourself??

I totally agree with all of your freshmen PSA announcements. Do these girls have parents or mirrors??

Al's CL Reviews said...

We need tickets to make fun of others. I just thought it was an inherent part of all personalities!

Laura N said...

Ouch on the denim. Who knew?

Too funny about the freshman. Nice entertainment.

Dando said...

I love your Blog Title. That is awesome. Thanks for the laugh. I really enjoyed your blog too. I will remember not to run in jeans today. Good life lesson I guess.

N.D. said...

Cute- I like your tips. haha

~Denise~ said...

That is just what I needed tonight! I'll heed the jeans alert.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

teenagers, can't talk sense in 'em. sigh.

your brother said...

I have some powder if you want some...

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. Finally some educational blog info I can really use. Nice work.

Live Well said...

I am SO GLAD to not have to do freshman year all over again!!!


thinkwellactwelllivewell.blogspot.com

AKA Alice said...

"Severe undercarriage chaffing"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

D10 said...

Too funny, yet so true. Definitely had me laughing at the starting a forest fire comment.

Anonymous said...

geotorelxz paying off credit card debt
credit card debt
consolidate credit cards