Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Firsts on the Third

My first born started his first day of Kindergarten today. He will be going to school all day everyday. Did I cry? Not one tear! I was giddy with excitement as I pulled out of the school's parking lot. I know it sounds cruel but he was sooooo exited to go to school. How can I be sad about that? He was even fighting me taking pictures of his first day. I made him pose with his new Hulk back pack. He just rolled his eyes. I didn't realize the attitude started at 6 years old.

Posted by Picasa
I know his little brother is excited that he is at school today because he came home played with his toys and took charge of the remote control to watch the cartoons he wanted to watch. I think he is in heaven. I just hope he doesn't get to comfy because I am booting his ass out the door next week. *evil laugh*

Since we are starting fresh with a new school year, I am starting up the routine of getting up before the birds again. I think I am going to have to force myself to do it for 21 days so it is a habit. Today was my first day. I got up (later than I hoped) and went for a 2.2 mile run/walk. To celebrate my first official day, I thought I would run my first whole mile to set the tone.

I jumped on board to do the Virtual One Mile Race. I suited up and headed out with G-Man. I ran the first mile and did it in 10:55. Not bad for not running any distance for a few months. I am back to walking though I will be infusing some running.
I am glad I went for a run this morning because I am starting to lose the feeling of being a runner. I was starting to ask myself why people do it? Once thoughts like that start infiltrating the brain, it is all down hill from there. I am not too far gone yet, because when I was done with my mile, I felt great and was happy that I was able to do it.

Another busy day today. I am hoping to catch up on my blog stalking and figure out how to get into these damned swimming lessons!

22 comments:

Marcy said...

Ohhhhhh Carly the trouble you're going to have with him. He's so adorable! Better make sure he knows what condoms are. I'm KIDDING! (well, not really but at a later point in time :P)

You are SO lucky! Keira doesn't star school til next week. GAH! I'll bust out in dance the minute she's outta here :P

Laura N said...

What a cute son. My daughter started K at age 6, too. I always like hearing that other moms are starting kids later than age 5.

Yay you for running! And in the morning. Good job.

Shosh said...

Your post made me LOL. You're booting his ass out next week.

It's not bad that you were happy, you were just sharing in his excitement. LOVE the picture! He's adorable. We'll be looking for another one of son #2 next week.

Congrats on the running!! I am a morning girl myself so let me know if you need inspiration. :-)

BeachRunner said...

Nice job on the mile. Our little one went off to Kindergarten this morning too. I was cold, stoic and emotionless ... I hope you know I'm kidding.

Julia said...

He's so cute! I love the Hulk backpack.

Great job on running today!

D10 said...

What a sweet picture, he is so cute. Funny how the younger one took control of the house!

Nice job starting things back up. Keep with it!

Running Knitter said...

What a cutie!

Good job on your run!

MCM Mama said...

Cute picture! Jones started 1st grade this year (how did my baby get to be almost 7?) and informed me this morning, as I went to walk him to the gym that he "had it from here" and walked himself down.

Too bad I still have a 2 year old at home LOL.

Good job on the run!

Live Well said...

Hey we're in the same mind-frame! I dropped my oldest off at Kindergarten last week and bolted out of the parking lot too! It wasn't until yesterday when I dropped of child #2 at preschool, and the house was empty except for me and the baby, that I realized wait! They're growing up??? Who's allowing this???? Then they came home. And THEN I was glad they were going back to school today!

thinkwellactwelllivewell.blogspot.com

AKA Alice said...

I was THRILLED when my kids went to school...They were sooooo ready and so was I.

Your little guy is just adorable. I think Marcy is right.

Dawn said...

at 6? My son's attitude started at 4. I too was very excited for Kdgn. It was a relief, he was ready!

Tammy said...

Awww, too cute.

My first born started high school a couple of weeks ago. HIGH SCHOOL! GAH!

WTG on getting up with the birds. I'm giving it another go, too. So not a morning person...

Pokey said...

What a cutie!!!!!!

Great job on the running....time to get back at it, for all of us!!! :)

Mark Salinas said...

Very nice. I have three and it is oh so fun! :)

Stace said...

He is so cute! Great job with the a.m. running!

Cyndi said...

My first born is a junior in high school - where have the years gone? Every school year flies by faster and faster from here on out!

Good job getting back to business with the mile run!

thebets said...

Welcome back! Way to get back into it!

Kelly said...

What a handsome boy Carly! Good for you for getting on track.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Good job on your 1 mile run!!

First day of Kindergarten was a hard one for me. so was first day of middle school. and I think first day of high school was the worst so far. Heheheh

but...sounds like he's a happy camper. that's great!

RooBabs said...

I know exactly what you mean about losing the feeling of being a runner (and I only took a week off, then ran 3 times last week!). It kind of freaked me out that it could happen to quickly, but I was relieved that the feeling came back so quickly (once I got out and did a "real" run).

Good luck with getting back into your routine, and your son is so cute!

Reid said...

Great job on your mile! I'm glad it was able to help beat out those negative non-running thought. Thanks so much for participating in this with me. I really appreciate the support!

Non-Runner Nancy said...

oh your little guy is adorable. I bet he would get along great with mine. Hope the school is going well.

Great job on the mile!