Monday, September 8, 2008

Hi, My Name is Sasquatch

I have a hang up and it is my big feet. I SHOULD have big feet as I am 5'9". But I can't help but feel like my shoes look more like skis rather than a fashionable addition to my wardrobe. For years I have been between a size 9.5 and 10. When I purchased my new running shoes, I completely rationalized the size 10.5's by saying it was the brand. Last year I noticed my shoes felt tight. Too small might be a better choice of words. I was in complete denial that these things could get any bigger.

I know my foot issues I am having are caused by wearing my "sensible" loafers that were snug all last year. I am paying the price for being vain. Three pregnancies has caused my already large feet to get even larger. There I said it and now I need to do something about it like get shoes that fit properly.

I set out to purchase non-fugly shoes that fit this past weekend. I ended up finding 2 pair but returned them after trying them on at home and walking in them. I felt like the ugly step sisters in Cinderella trying on the glass slipper. I know I am not the only one with large feet, but it is just embarrassing not be able to shop in a regular store for shoes. I have browsed the "10 and up" racks and it is slim pickins. I wonder where drag queens shop? That would be an option, however, how I am going to explain coming to work in clear plastic platform stripper shoes? "Um...they were the only ones in my size and they go with everything." I put my Google skills to work and found a quite a few sites that cater to women with well endowed paws. I laughing at this site. It is for "women that leave a larger footprint". *Sigh* I guess I will have to give this a shot as I cannot do anything about the size of my feet.

Anywhooo....
It was an exciting day here as #2 started pre-school today! He is very proud of his Transformer backpack. I am looking forward to a couple of hours with just Baby Diva while he burns off some energy at school.


Posted by Picasa

No running this past weekend, just a lot of walking. I will be do a lot of walking with short runs this week.

I have a non-scale victory, my fat jeans fit! They are snug, but they are relatively comfortable. I can't wait to throw these things out when they are too big.

15 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Yay for preschool #2. It's about time too.

YAY about your jeans. That is awesome. You are really making progress already. Keep up the walking.

LOL about your big feet. You could always use your old shoes as planter boxes for geraniums. KIDDING. I'm KIDDING. This 4E wearing, can only fit into super wides, guy knows your frustration. Good luck finding a nice pair.

Mark Salinas said...

School is finally here! You are doing fantastic!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAH Carly!! You can be the Queen of Lucite Heels. Very elegant and classy. Don't be surprised if peeps start throwing dollar bills your way (I'm KIDDING!)

That's gotta be a PITA. Even at my size 8.5 is seems like all the good shoes are in the smaller sizes like 5-6 *sigh*

Running Knitter said...

I love non scale victories. Keep it up.

smellyshelley said...

My mom has big feet too, but she just wears Birkenstocks all the time - even in the snow - so not a fashion role model...I think it would be fun to sport the drag queen look though.

Laura N said...

Yippee on the jeans! I am only 5'5'', but I have no doubt that if I were taller I'd have big feet, too. My feet are very wide, and until 2 weeks ago, my running shoes were "WIDE." My very first pair of running shoes were double wide! Losing weight did change the shape of my foot--I went from an 8.5 to an 8, and now I can wear normal width running shoes. My bloggy friend Vickie said her podiatrist said her feet would continue to change as she continued to work out, because the tendons/etc. would continue to tighten up. Crazy how much your foot can change with the rest of your body.

It's a good thing you are doing, getting the right size for your foot now. Foot pain is the worst.

MCM Mama said...

Dude, my feet are heading your way and I'm only 5'4". I'm up to a 9 in running shoes now. Gotta love feet growing from having babies.

Yay for preschool. I'm about to pick Shoo up from his first day. They kept him the whole time, so let's hope that's good news.

Good job on getting into the jeans. I've been fighting the same five pounds for something like a year. Ugh.

SuperDave said...

Try finding size 13's!!
I think it is always funny when you see the sample shoe on the rack and you ask the shoesalesman for a 13 and he brings out the "boat!" haha
Don't feel bad..

Stace said...

Great job on the jeans! Major Victory : )
Glad the 2nd is in preschool too, sounds like you're both ready for it!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay about the jeans!

LMAO at the feet thing.
Mine grew over the past year to 10.5. I don't have kids to blame it on though!

AKA Alice said...

LMAO at the shoe thing...I thought my feet went from an 8.5 to a 9 or more after 2 pregnancies. I found out when I started running, and finally had my feet measured, that my foot didn't really get longer, but it has gotten much wider (I wear a D-width now)...which are truly hard to find...so I either wear boat shoes (I'm only 5'4" so a size 9 IS a boat on me), or I find wide shoes...pretty, pretty. It's a pain finding nice shoes for work.

Non-Runner Nancy said...

Loved the preschooler pics and the backpack. My little one is so proud of his too.

I have such feet issues but not the big kind, the bunions and painful kind. Blah.

Good question about the drag queens. :D

Susan (aka Suba) said...

I'm rolling at the "well endowed paws" LMFAO

Yay on the jeans though. That supersedes big feet any day!

The Young Family said...

I feel your pain on the shoes...I wore a size 9.5 in the 8th grade, try finding high heels in the 80's that weren't spiked!! Somewhere along the way after 2 kids, my feet decided to grow larger and I now where an 11. I still try on
10's now and again but it never fails I have to go and get the 11's!! ugh.

No they don't look the same as the size 6's or 7's!

Em

TriJenPB said...

Yeah I too wear the size 10.5 in running shoes, 9.5 in normal shoes and usually on the wide size. Luckily I live in sneakers and I used to buy men's shoes because I just couldn't find a woman's sneaker that fit right. Well after a trip to the running shop to get some "real" running shoes, I said hello to Brooks. What a wonderful shoe! And the girly shoes fit my big fat feet :))))