Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Irritability, Sadness, and a New Hair Cut

I have started several blog post but could not seem to finish one. I have been so irritable lately that I want to jump out of my skin and scratch people's eyes out. I could not subject anyone to my ranting and raving so I just sat on my hands and let the feeling pass. There really wasn't any thing that prompted the extreme bitchiness it just was a mixture of things. Everyone and everything was pissing me off . I have been up to my ears with work and can't seem to make any headway. That feeling has passed for the most part and now I have moved on to being sad.

The sadness is coming from my dog. She has be sick for a very long time and now she is starting to go downhill pretty fast. She is getting so bad that my husband and I started the talks about having to put her down. Even the boys are noticing how she is not right. My oldest asked if the dog was going to die. My husband explained to him what will most likely happen happen to her. After that little conversation I had two sobbing little boys. I broke my heart. It amazing how sad I am about this dog, especially when she is referred to as "numbnuts" and "damn dog". I know they can't be with us forever, so we will cherish the good, bad, and ugly memories. If you have read the book "Marley and Me" that is our story with this dog.


On a much lighter note...I finally got my hair cut. I think this is what pulled me out of my irritation funk. Matthew my stylist said "Look, no more Mrs. Brady mullet". I am still laughing my ass off. I am in the process of growing out my hair and the back of my hair got the flip like, well....Mrs. Brady.



I have been working out here and there. Sunday I did a 4 mile run/walk in about an hour. Monday and Tuesday were just walking days. Today I haven't done anything....yet. On Friday I am dragging my fat ass into a Weight Watchers meeting. A bunch of us are making the commitment together. All I have to say .....IT IS ON BEYOTCH! A little competition is always good for kick starting the mojo!

9 comments:

fitncrafty said...

I am sorry to hear about your doggy... we got my kids a book called Dog Heaven, it did help. My Mom now has it, and in the back lots of people have signed it in memorium of losing their fur pal...
I came across your blog and I can so relate to you.. a bit of a chubby runner.. You look so healthy!
Are you gonna share a photo of your new haircut???

cindy said...

Hi - I found your blog through Marcy's :)

I was super happy last week and my husband was like...what's up?? I warned him it probably wouldn't last long, and sure enough, I've been grumpy and then sad this week. Maybe the full moon??

The dog things are so hard. We almost lost our crazy dog last year, and now every time she pukes I worry she has cancer or something. They are our family members. so sorry to hear about your dog.

The Mrs. Brady mullet cracked me up - I'm getting one, too :/

Marcy said...

((((HUGS))) I'm sorry about the dog and you not feeling on the ups.

YAY for haircuts! I need one myself. I have such white trash hair *sigh*

Shosh said...

Carly I am so sorry about your dog. As much as they annoy us they really are a part of the family. Chin up and cherish the memories good, bad or otherwise.

I am sooooooo proud of you for heading to the WW meeting. I am here to support you 100% and thank you for the kind comment on my blog.

Ummmm where is the pic of the new hair?? You're keeping us all in suspense and that's not fair!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yes, I want to see the new hair. I also want to kick my WeWa scale down the street.

I think your mood has moved on to me!

BeachRunner said...

Sorry about your dog. Good luck with the fitness and diet plan.

Laura N said...

I know that irritable feeling so well. My poor family has to live with me when I'm like that.

Sorry about the pouch. Poor kiddos. And you.

Too funny about the hairdo! At least your stylist takes good care of you.

Lily on the Road said...

Oh boy, you are definitely having som "moments", so sorry, Having pets can be so heart wrenching.

On the other hand, good for you to go to WW with friends, and for getting out for your run!

Chin up girl!!

RooBabs said...

I'm so sorry about your dog. My family had to put our dog down 5 years ago (diabetes), and I still miss him- after that I swore I would never get another pet. It must be rough for your kids. But hopefully you have lots of good memories and pictures.

On a lighter note, the Mrs. Brady mullet totally cracked me up. At least you have something going on. Mine is long and straight and fine (meaning, flat as a pancake), and doesn't do a darn thing.