Saturday, September 13, 2008

Self-Imposed Lock Down

It is a gloomy, rainy day. It is the perfect day to just lay around, wrapped in a blanket watching movies. We only have two televisions in the house; one is being used to entertain the kids and the other one is entertaining my husband. I grabbed my laptop and headed to my room and shut the door. I am taking a timeout to be lazy for a bit. I want to catch up on email, blogs, and stalk people on Facebook (Crackbook).

My day wasn't supposed to be like this. My parents came to watch the boys' play soccer and football and then we were going to the Renaissance Festival for Wine Day. It was raining so we nixed that idea. I was bummed the weather didn't cooperate for "Ren Fest". Oh well no wine out of my wench mug this year or laughing at men in tights. Next year.

Canceled plans are not always a bad thing. I am in my glory being lazy right now. I just texted my husband to bring me a glass of wine. I might be pushing my luck right now as I hear him starting to lose his mind dealing with over tired kids. Maybe he can make them wait on me. I am off to mindless surfing! Hope everyone has had a great weekend.

Viv, I hope you are OK and out of Ike's path.

15 comments:

Shosh said...

Did the wine you requested ever make it into your hand??

Your day sounds fantasic...much like my Saturday last weekend sans the husband and kids.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. Texting for wine. I love it! Enjoy your Sunday.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I'm so glad to know someone else texts their DH from another room when they need something.

Hope you got the wine!

Jess said...

I'm going to have to keep that idea in mind: Texting for wine. Nice.

N.D. said...

It was that kind of day. Nice. Hope you enjoyed.

Marcy said...

Seriously Carly are we the same person?!? Every time I come over here you know what I'm thinking or are doing the same thing as me?!? HAHAHAH

Kids? In Keira's room watching tv. Husband? Watching tv in the living room. Me? Catching up on blogs :P

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I'd text my husband to bring me a glass of wine if I thought he'd actually do it.

Enjoy some rest. :-)

MCM Mama said...

So, did he bring the glass of wine? I could use a nice quiet rainy day (oh wait, we had that last Saturday and I threatened to lock myself in the closet to get away from the kiddos LOL)

Mark Salinas said...

The Ren fest was rained out! Those gloomy days are good for movies..YUP! :)

Lily on the Road said...

It is raining all over North America! Hope Viv is okay too!

Stace said...

LOL about texting for wine - I hope you got it!

Pokey said...

I looooove lazy days....enjoy it while you can!!!!!

TinaGirl said...

Ohhh I love those days, curled up with a good book (er... computer) a glass of wine and the rain falling outside. I'll longing for it. I hope you got your wine and the kiddos settled down.

RooBabs said...

I hope you enjoyed your lazy weekend- I did quite a bit of that myself.

LOL about the texting. My mom will text my sister when it's time for dinner or whatever (she's 17 and still lives at home). She says it's like the intercom system she always wanted to have, but could never afford. Ha ha!

Laura N said...

You texted your hubs while in the same house? You crack me up. What a glorious way to spend an afternoon.