Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chilling Out

I have calmed down from my post on Friday. I have a tendency to get worked up over things like that. I have a little bit of anxiety over health related items and I admit I have a tendency to be a hypochondriac at times. I am not worried that it is Cancer anymore (only because 90% of the cases are chicks in their 90's). I want what ever it is to be fixed so I can be on my merry little way. I will find out more this week after the test results come back. For now my two goals are weight loss and to get ready for Twin Cities Marathon 2009. I have a year but I cannot procrastinate getting in shape for it.



This weekend was awesome Minnesota Fall weather. It was actually hot. I spend a lot of time outdoors and did 3 photoshoots for my friends' families. The colors were amazing. I loved that I could enjoy the Fall at some of the local parks. I have never been to a few of these places and I am shocked that I am been missing out on some really cool areas of the Twin Cities.



That is al I got.....nothin'. Nothin' exciting anyway. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

8 comments:

AKA Alice said...

Health-related patience is not my virtue either (I really don't have any kind of patience, to be honest)...

I sometimes miss the seasons. We don't get much of that here in SoCal...I mean, there are seasons, but not the leaf-turning-colors kind of fall season that you get in the mid-west.

Have a great week!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I have to say procedures on Mondays and Fridays are the worst. Monday, you have all weekend to think about how much pain there is, and Fridays you have all weekend to get mad for a technician not performing tests and therefore letting you possibly die.
(Not that I do this or anything!)

Glad the weekend was enjoyable!

Lily on the Road said...

This HAS been a fabulous weekend with great weather, glad you could put aside your anxiety for a little while and get out to enjoy it

;^)

MizFit said...

for some reason your comment this morning choked me up.

I PRAY ID BE AS STRONG as the woman you described.

but I think we never know until faced.
thank you for coming by.

BeachRunner said...

2009 will be the "Year of Carly." I see you losing the weight you want and achieving running and fitness success in 'oh nine.'

LOL. Remember the Seinfeld episode with George Costanza's "Summer of George." He purchased a refrigerator/recliner stocked it with soda and pledged to nap more. UMM, DON'T DO THAT.

and you pledge

RunningNan said...

HAHA.. just read the comment about the summer of George! That was just on two weeks ago! I am the same way with health related bull crap. I want it fixed and I want it fixed now!

RooBabs said...

How nice to be able to enjoy the fall weather- I'm envious (I have a post coming soon on all the snow we received this weekend).

You can totally do it girl- 2009 is your year (and you've got a 3-month headstart!).

MCM Mama said...

Yay for fall weather! Good luck with the weight loss and preparing for the marathon. We'll all be cheering you on.