Friday, October 24, 2008

Freaky Friday

It is only 7:30 in the morning and already it has been a crazy day. I have been up cleaning like a mofo because this house has not been touched all week. Then I jumped in the shower. I discovered that when I was drying off that I was covered in BLACK FUZZ. I sat there dumbfounded for a second and then I realized I had washed a black fleece blanket with my towels. I looked like I was tarred and feathered. Then came shower #2 and I toweled off with a non-fuzz towel. good. The craziness continued as I was blow drying my hair. My hair dryer STARTED ON FIRED!

It is funny how this chain of events made me laugh uncontrollably. I woke up as a major bitch and my string of bad luck put me in a good mood.

On top of all my misfortune this morning, I had a 2lb gain last night at weigh in. I should have never gloated about eating ice cream sammies for dinner and having a major loss. The Weight Watcher Gods sure now how to put me in my place. Oh well, today starts a new week and come hell or high water there will be a loss. Also a note.....do not eat high sodium foods all week and expect good results on the scale.

Today is one day I wish I could curl back up in my bed. No such luck....it is a majorly crazy day today. The preschool Halloween party is tonight and I am half in charge (note to self....no more drinking with school parents that rope me into this shit). We are expecting 600 kids tonight. It is always a good time but very tiring. I was slightly pissy about not having a chance to workout today, but I will be doing a lot of running and lifting today so I am calling it a workout.

Also at some point today I MUST GET TO THE GROCERY STORE. I think I have set a new world record on length of time between store visits and number of days of getting creative with meals. I had my husband pick up some of the essentials but we still have nothing. I need a clone of myself to get this crap done. One stop I will not miss today is the liquor store. I will be enjoying a cocktail tonight.

18 comments:

Catholic Runner said...

The only real reason I want to lose weight is so I can drink more often without worrying about calories!

Good luck with the Halloween party to night. 600 kids, you're going to need a few drinks!

Shosh said...

LMFAOOOO on being covered in black fuzz. Your morning although full of "bad luck" was humorous and at least your smiling about it.

Sorry about the gain. You're back on the wagon now. Enjoy your cocktails tonight!!

We are expecting a full report on the party with 600 kids.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing out loud about the black fuzz and hair dryer catchign on fire. I've had quite a week, but at least nothing has caught on fire (yet!)

BeachRunner said...

ROFL at the flame-throwing hair dryer and the attack of the fuzz.

Jess said...

I like the label on this post. If my hair caught on fire before the day had begun, I'd start drinking right away.

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Carly!! OMG how nutty! You go and have yourself a nice big fat cocktail ;-)

Lily on the Road said...

LMAO! You are one crazy girl Carly.

Don't stop for too long at the Liquor Store, you don't want to get roped into anything else tonight....LMAO...good luck with the Halloween Kidlettes...

RooBabs said...

I had a similar towel experience, but it happened when our towels were brand new (wedding presents). Luckily they were a lighter color and not black, but we still had to wash those suckers like 3 times before all the fuzzies were gone. That totally made me laugh, though. And the hair dryer? Scary!!

What the heck kind of preschool do you send your kids to that has 600 kids?! Oh my GOSH!!!

Good luck, lady. And after that you deserve at least one cocktail!

RunningNan said...

oh man.. Drink a shit ton for me!

RunningNan said...

oh man.. Drink a shit ton for me!

Laura N said...

LMAO at your whole post.

600 kids? At a preschool party? Good lands, woman. That's insane.

Hope things settle down a bit for ya!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Can you drink at the preschool party? OMG! I would be.

D10 said...

I would say your morning was crazy. Have fun at the Halloween party. Thought you learned your lesson after the field trip.

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the start of your day! Hope it got better and you had liquor waiting for you after the Halloween party!

AKA Alice said...

OMFG...I share your life. I haven't been to a grocery store in over two weeks...Ran out of the last of the frozen chicken last night...so I'm doomed to go.

You completely made me laugh with the black fuzz/hair dryer on fire story...that alone might have made me reach for the bloody mary mix!

Cyndi said...

This was hysterical! Good sitcom material here, that's for sure!

My 9 year old being all independent this morning, put a travel thermos (read: METAL) in the microwave. Scared the pee out of her....and I eyed my Bud Light stash in the fridge immediately following the incident.

600 pre-school kids in one place? I hope someone spiked/made some adult punch!

Cyndi said...

PS - Grocery shopping is the bane of my existence...

Stace said...

LMAO at the black fuzz/hair dryer fiasco. Also can't wait to hear about the Halloween Party!
I hope you had a great weekend!