Monday, October 20, 2008

Good Intentions Gone Wrong

Today's Good Plan:
  • Get up at 5AM and do DVD
  • Eat a sensible breakfast
  • Meal plan and grocery shop in the 2 hour window of preschool
  • Cook dinner

What really happened:

  • Woke up late and had no time to do any sort of workout
  • Ate Halloween candy and oatmeal for breakfast
  • My 2 hour window of opportunity was sucked up by a preschool commitment
  • Cooking???? hahahhaha.! I have NO food in this house to cook with. We had left over take out from last night. In fact the reserves are so low that I asked my son if he wanted cream of mushroom soup for his lunch. That little brat said no. hmmmmfp.

It turned out to be one of those days where I could not stop nibbling. The kids brought home lots of candy from our trip and I gladly helped myself to their stash. I then had this bright idea that I was going to walk after my husband got home from work. Nope. We had to run an errand as a family. When I got home. I was too tired and cranky to do anything....so I didn't. Now I feel just blech.

I am going to write this day off and do better tomorrow.

12 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Any day that includes candy for breakfast can't be all bad... ;o)

Hope tomorrow goes more as planned!

AKA Alice said...

I know it sucks...but the line about offering cream of mushroom soup for lunch made me laugh...and I needed that today :-))

Hang in there and get up and exercise. You'll feel better.

MizFit said...

hey!
I had that nonstopnibble yesterday too.

although mine was husbandstressrelated.

*sigh*

heres to a great day for us both.

D10 said...

I can totally relate on teh candy front. Chocolate goes down way to easy for me. I need to buckle down and just say no!

Al's CL Reviews said...

We'll start over together today!

Marcy said...

It's OK :-) We all have off days!

Carolina John said...

Ha! The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry. I can soooo relate, that's my every day.

I plan to write code until about 10:30 every day, then get in a workout. I end up reading running blogs all morning and skipping the workout to keep my job.

the wife just dropped off my 3 yr old at kindergarten. Now the baby has a doctor's appt. This is really how life goes these day?

Jess said...

Sheesh, what kind of ungrateful kid refuses cream of muchroom for lunch? :)

Shosh said...

Good think today is a new day. I am with Alice your Cream of Mushroom line cracked me up!

There must be something in the air as I was a snackster myself yesterday.

Hope you're having a great day!

Saface Macdonald said...

Hey we all have days like this. I am embarressed to say for myself, they are more often than not.

Back on that horse the next day LOL!

BeachRunner said...

Candy is so evil. It's definitely the candy's fault for being so damn tasty and convenient to eat. Argh.

RooBabs said...

I think you're looking at it all wrong. You got in some extra sleep so your body could recover, you had oatmeal for breakfast with a little bit of extra carbs for energy, you spent time on your kids for a preschool commitment, and you saved money by eating leftovers for dinner.

See? It's all about your perspective, LOL. Focus on the positive, lady- don't beat yourself up (and I totally laughed at the COM soup, because that was my favorite as a kid- much better than Cream of Chicken).