Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Did This Happen?

I confess, I was not even close to being on Weight Watchers this week. No journaling, lots of junk, and very little excercise. The anxiety of waiting for my test reults had more of an effect on me than I thought. With that said......

I am down 4.2!

I even got a message when I logged my weight on E-Tools saying I lost too much weight this week. I just laughed because it wasn't like I was trying. For heaven's sake, I had ice cream sandwiches for dinner (yes that was plural). I know I am not going to have that streak of luck this week if I don't watch it. So back to doing things the way I am supposed to do them.

I am heading north with the kiddos tomorrow for the entire weekend. I am going to see my parents and take my kids to "Boo at the Zoo". I am not sure how I let him weasel out of going but I did hand him a mile long "honey do" list. I am sure he will enjoy sleeping in and playing Wii. I had better come home to a spotless house. *dreaming*

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Good luck to Shosh, Chia, and everyone else racing this weekend.

16 comments:

Shosh said...

CONGRATS on the AWESOME weight loss Carly!! You obviously did something right...sandwiches plural :-)

Thanks for the well wishes I am stoked for Detroit. Enjoy Boo at the Zoo, that sounds fun.

Fingers crossed you come home to a clean no, spotless house

Jess said...

Great job on the loss!

D10 said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and hope the house is nice and clean when you get hom.

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo!! Great job on the weight loss. Have a fun weekend!

RunningNan said...

I love ice cream sammies for dinner! sounds good!

Marcy said...

ALRIGHT CARLY!!! CONGRATS!! Go figure right? When you're not trying it happens LOL

Lesley said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I've never gotten that message on eTools! I'm almost tempted to give ice cream sandwiches a try for dinner! ;-)

It's funny how our bodies react in unexpected ways sometimes. Eventhough I don't know you, I'm happy for ya!

I just rejoined WW this week, and am looking forward to seeing what next week's weigh-in brings.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Congrats on teh weight loss. Funny how you can lose when you don't try, and sometimes when you try it just doesn't happen...

BeachRunner said...

Congrats Carly!

Catholic Runner said...

Congrats!! 4.2lbs I am so jealous!!

Tammy said...

Congrats on the loss!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay on the loss!

RooBabs said...

Wow, great job on the loss!! That reminds me of a couple months back where I had eaten key lime pie at lunch one day, and went out to the Cheesecake Factory that same week, but still lost 3 pounds (maybe that's what I'm doing wrong- not enough pie and CF in my diet currently- haha).

You are totally kicking my butt in Viv's challenge- argh!

Have fun with the kiddos this morning, and may the house-cleaning-husband dream come true!!

Laura N said...

Weight loss = however you can get it (within reason, of course). The body is a funny thang, ain't it?

Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Cyndi said...

Nice job on the loss! This must be called, 'surprise the metabolism'! I remember on Body for Life, we were allowed one day a week to eat pretty much whatever we wanted, for that very reason - to shake up the ole metabolism!

Carolina John said...

YEAH Weight Watchers! that way of thinking becomes habitual, and eventually you don't really think about it, the healthy choices just happen. My wife has been on WW for a year now, and lost over 80 lbs. It really works. Now we're both training for a marathon. Great blog!