Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Insomniac Edition

It is 2AM and rather than sleeping, I thought I should be blogging. In reality, Baby Diva has been up most of the night coughing and now that she is out like a light.... I can't sleep. gah!

With this round of insomnia I am researching products to help with Plantar Fasciitis. I have decided that enough is enough and I need to get this foot better because I miss running. My blogaversary is coming up and I am in worse shape now than when I started this thing. I am tired of going the wrong direction and I have decided to get aggressive getting my aches and pains under control. My Internet search for PF pain relief came up with a bunch of gadgets. Here are two that look promising. Any feedback on these? Do you have other gadgets that work?



This sock is sexy....I might get a matching set if they really work.
As long as I am on the topic of aches and pains, I have an update on my other issue. My doc is taking the wait and see method. That pain is a bit more tolerable now that I know I am not dying. It still is there and it is still uncomfortable but I think I can deal with it for now. The good news is that I won't be going under the knife any time soon (I will keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way).
My ultimate goal is to become a runner again. I am sooooooo sick of being on the sidelines. If I can get this crap under control this winter, I am hoping to be in good shape for running season in 2009.


*Yawn* all this injury talk has made me sleep. Off to bed.....for 2 hours.

16 comments:

MizFit said...

WAVES HAND.

I had a brief bout with what may or MAY NOT have officially been PF but the plastic rolly thing worked WONDERS.

Marcy said...

I've seen those torture looking devices before, but nope never tried them :-/

D10 said...

Get some sleep. Hope the baby Diva starts feeling better.

That sock thing is crazy looking. I am sure you could manually raise your foot!

Carolina John said...

See if you can find an Uppcer Cervical Chiropractor in the area. My guy took care of the heel pain in 2 adjustments. no special socks needed!

I've actually got a friend in MN who flies down here to SC once a month just to get adjustments from my guy, so I don't think there's a UC chiro there. but give chiro a try anyway.

Jess said...

I've also heard that the "boot" works well to help. Also, rolling your foot around on a tennis ball is supposed to help stretch the tendon too.

Shosh said...

Those socks are HOT. I vote for those just because I think that the pics would be great!!

I have never had that kind of foot issue, I was blessed with bunyons.

Hoepfully you'll have a relaxing day and get some extra rest in.

Steve Stenzel said...

I've heard great things about those socks! Good luck!

Saface Macdonald said...

You are on track to making things better! Just do what you need to to reach your goals!

And we have the Strasburgh sock at the running room. It's super zexy LOL!

Stace said...

Love the socks!
My pf went away after rolling a golf ball every day for I don't know how long. My MIL's friend had to have surgery for hers though. I hope you can find something cheap and easy that works!
And I hope you get some sleep!

Tammy said...

I've never had PF, but I have heard about the golf ball trick. I've also heard about freezing a water bottle and rolling your foot on that.

BeachRunner said...

That sock is cah-ray-zay. Get some sleep!

RooBabs said...

Ack! Those look like torture devices. I have no advice, but a girl at work just had surgery for her PF, and a friend of the Hubs' ran a 10k in 47 minutes with PF. What a spectrum, huh? Good luck with both issues- er, make that 3 including the insomnia.

AKA Alice said...

I've heard of all the recommendations here (golf ball, tennis ball, the sock, etc...) and all seem to have worked for someone. Good luck with that. The socks are sexy, that's for sure!

I find that blogging at 2am is the perfect cure for insomnia...that or it makes me feel like I'm at least doing SOMETHING productive...hahahaha

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

that socks looks very strange! I haven't had PF (just knee and hip issues...so far). Hope something works for you.

and get some SLEEP!!

MCM Mama said...

Never tried any devices for PF, but you have my sympathy on the coughing child. Shoo has been coughing so hard that he pees the bed. I've had to make him wear pullups lately 'cause I got tired of changing the sheets. HOpe you got some sleep!

Dawn said...

I was going to get a roller thingie, asked my local running store and they said they are overrated and you can get the same stretch by putting your feet on a step and letting your ankles drop down...
That burst my bubble cuz I really wanted the roller!