Monday, October 6, 2008

It's my Blog and I Will Bitch if I Want to....



I have completely lost my running mojo. It is gone.

Running is really a funny sport. It takes forever build a base and in no time that base is gone if you are sidelined. I started running because I liked the idea of it, I wanted a shiny medal to show I completed a race, and I wanted the runners body. I have been a runner off and on for over 20 years if you count my early teen years. When I started this blog almost a year ago, my goal was to make my big comeback to the sport. I came, I saw, and I conquered. But then an injury took hold of me I am back at square one. Again.

I haven't been running for so long that running around the block is an obscene thought. I think back to my half marathon and wonder how the hell I ran 13.1 miles!? I see people running and I wonder why they are so crazy. Then there is the other part of me that is seething with jealousy. I see my friends running and I am reading about running on blogs and I can't help but be green with envy. I want it to me logging the miles and reporting in about fun races.

I am still dealing with the foot pain although it is not as bad as it was a few months ago. Now I am have some other issue going on and it is more than likely going to require another surgery (nothing serious). Surgery means going all the way back barely being able to walk. It seems like there is always some sort of drama keeping me from running.

I know I am whining. I know pissing and moaning isn't going to get me anywhere. But I am so frustrated.
I hope your eyes aren't bleeding from the pity party. To throw a little humor in for the day, I took this photo at the apple orchard. Please note the writing on the back of the tractor drivers seat, I only got a portion of it because a backpack got in my shot. But it is supposed to read "Tips Accepted, Not Required". I am still LMAO. I am so happy that I am not the only one who cannot spell.



19 comments:

chia said...

Dude, you're supermom. You CAN do anything.

You're making positive progress with the whole WW and walking and everything.

Walking does burn the same amt of calories per mile. Just takes up more of your time (bummer).

You'll be strapping up a pair of faster kicks in no time!

MCM Mama said...

{{{HUGS}}} Hang in there!

Al's CL Reviews said...

You're getting there. I understand starting at square 1.

Marcy said...

(((HUGS))) Carly, as long as you keep plugging away it's OK to get sidetracked from time to time :-)

Tammy said...

Sorry to hear about the possible surgery...

Hang in there, you'll be back to running in time.

RunningNan said...

Hey.. You can bitch all you want to bitch. I did it for a long time too! I know the feeling of never going back. I've only been going for a year and a half, but when I was missing it, I knew it was time!

Helen said...

Thank you for writing this bitch on my behalf. I'm in the same situation you are EXCEPT MY MARATHON IS 3 WEEKS AWAY. Can I scream any louder? Seriously, I have lost my mojo so bad all I could think this morning on my run was that I can't wait for October. 27th because I never have to run again.

Vickie said...

Got your blog info from Chia. I couldn't help but relate. I went through a bad spell a few years ago and completely fell apart. Before that, I had been running consistently for about 15 years, and competitively for about half that time. Then everything went to hell. I slowly started making my way back, only to be sidelined from getting hit by a car (2006). So I slowly made my way back from that and then in 2007 severely sprained an ankle, had family deaths, etc. and again in 2008 am still slowly getting back to it. The great thing about running is that it is always there when you want it or need it or are ready for it. Just don't give up the desire and don't worry about not running or slow running or anything else. Just run when you can!

Catholic Runner said...

I feel for you. I too think back to my 1/2 marathon and think who the hell was that?

BeachRunner said...

Nice bitch rant. And dont get down on yourself. Shizitt happens and its ok to be sidelined (it sucks but its ok). You will get back eventually. Hang in there.

RunningNan said...

Oh.. and wouldn't you know it... I opened my mouth on here the other day about my little hunter. BAM.. I found a dead squirrel in the yard Sunday morning, and then killer got another one this morning. Thank god for people who clean them up for me!

RooBabs said...

Dang woman, that totally sucks. It starts to freak me out when I feel that running bug floating away. But like Vickie said, running is always there when you need it (it's not like those pesky "opportunities" that only knock once).

And I will say, that yes you can bitch if you want to, but don't dwell on the negative too long. You are working toward losing weight, and you can still do that without running (look at how great you're doing with WW and walking!).

Thanks for the funny picture!

MizFit said...

chiming in....my thought? BITCH AWAY GIRLFRIEND!
not only is it yer blog but, if youre me, a goodshortbitchvent makes me embrace the feelings of GRR and finally be able to move past.

hang in there---

Miz.

Girl on Top said...

I feel so obsessed at running right now because I read about many who are running 7:00 min miles and that makes me awfully jealous!!!

But somedays, I so hate running and others, I heart it. But running is a lifelong journey.

Hope you feel better. I hate injuries!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Injuries are frustrating. But Running will still be there when you're able to get back at it.

I didn't start running until I was 40yrs old. You have a lot of experience running. I think it will come back easier than you expect. :-)

Shosh said...

You are allowed to bitch and have the pity party but you have to move forward too. You need to start by walking, getting your foot fixed and you'll be running again in no time.

Chin up. :-)

The Young Family said...

I say it is ok to bitch and complain! That is what we are here for ... then after you bitch and moan we tell you - it will be ok (it will be) and to hang in there!!!

Em

Viv said...

You can come back but I know you drop it for a bit and it just is gone WTH!?

LOL at that sign, girl that is so me. You read my blog even spell check can't save me.

Stace said...

You get to bitch for a day, then you get back to work to make things better. Then, when you are running again, you can look back to say, "Can you believe I was so upset so many months, so many miles, and so many pounds ago?" Hang in there!