Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Stuck at Work

I am being held hostage here at work because of a political rally for Al Franken that is occurring in our building. Hillary Clinton is here so security is very tight. Since I really don't want to be fighting secret service to leave, I thought I would blog my random thoughts.

  1. I wonder if it would be appropriate to run down stairs and do my best Stuart Smalley impression while the rally is going on.
  2. Am I the only one that is more excited for the election to be over than getting a new prez? At this point, I don't care who gets in as long as the commercials stop.
  3. I killed two birds with one stone today at lunch. I walked close to 4 miles to the camera store and bought a new lens for my camera.
  4. I should have used the money I spent on a lens to buy a few pieces of clothing for myself.
  5. I LOVE Noodles & Company. I had it for lunch again today. I am completely addicted to the Med Salad. It is also very WeWa friendly.
  6. I am drinking water even though I would kill for a Coke right now.
  7. I can't stay focused enough crunch numbers today as I keep thinking about how I need to pull my Halloween costume together. Anyone else love to dress up as much as I do?
  8. Someone at work noticed that I am losing weight. I guess I am not seeing it yet.
  9. I STILL need to get to the grocery store. Tonight. It must be tonight.
  10. I really hate grocery shopping. It is my worst think in the world to do.
  11. I am thinking of sneaking downstairs during this rally to see if I see any famous people or if I can end up on camera somehow. I wonder if they have food down there? Hmmmmm????
Speaking of being held hostage....I have to be stuck home most of the day tomorrow for the washer repair guy to come. What is this 8 hour window business??? I have shiz to do and peeps to see. It will be a good excuse to hangout in blogland and catch up with everyone. Cross your fingers that he get here in the morning. I should pile up all the laundry I have just for shock value. I can't believe the amount of dirty clothes 5 people can generate, no wonder our washer gets burned out all the time.

17 comments:

BeachRunner said...

Nice job on the walk and the compliments on your weight. Bravissima homegirl.

Good luck with the repair guy. I HATE the 8 hour window thang.

Saface Macdonald said...

WOW. You should sneak downstairs, at least for a peek!

I hear you on the laundry. With two babies and two adults that have work, play and running clothes, plus all the extras it never seems to end in our house. Today I couldn't find a shirt in the dirty laundry. Because it was with the CLEAN laundry. Never occured to me to check there LMAO!

Shosh said...

Love your random thoughts and I would LOVE to hear their reaction as you Stewart Smalleying down the stairs.

I am so happy that you walked today. LOL on the comment about camera lense vs clothes :-)

What is up with that 8 hour window? At any point can they be more specific??

I have some wash from this weekend, can I bring it over?

Jess said...

Just go down there and yell: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darnit, people like me!"

P.O.M. said...

Can't wait for the election to be over, but also scared about who might be in office. ha ha.

Tammy said...

Great job on the weight loss!

Laundry for 5 people... yikes.
Of course, I think my daughter uses 5 towels a day, so I can relate a little.

RooBabs said...

That's my solution to everything now- blog it!

Good for you for getting in a long walk today, and that someone noticed your weight loss!! I love it when that happens.

You should totally pile up the laundry. Then when he gets there, tell him that's how much laundry accumulated while you were waiting for him! Lay on the guilt trip, ha ha. = )

TinaGirl said...

#2 I so hear you! I already voted by absentee so I just want it to be over. Doesn't it feel like the worlds LONGEST election campaign? ugh. Good job walking today. I could use a new lens too... hmmm maybe... I guess I have to get a few more wedding and family pix to do that first. Its that season. You should start a photo blog of your photo shoots. I'd like to see your work.

mine is http://mominfocus.blogspot.com if you'd like to come over and check out my work. For some reason some of my posts disappeard but I'm hoping to fix that soon. LOL

Al's CL Reviews said...

OMG, I love Noodles. I lived at that place when I was in Boulder!

I'm so sick of all the commercials.

I despise the grocery store and all things associated to it.

Good luch with the repair guy!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

It's awesome that someone commented that you're losing weight.

I hate grocery shopping too!!

Marcy said...

I JUST got back from teh grocery store. I hate that shiz as well. At least on the bright side I only had to tote along one of the kids with me. It's still a big ole PITA though.

chia said...

LOL I never see it either. In fact, I so didn't realize that until my "goal pants" were already a size too big!

Congrats on the compliment, you're WeWaRockinItOut!!!

Good luck escaping the madness ;-)

Lesley said...

I recently discovered Noodles & Company too, and it rocks! :)

Nice walk yesterday. Congrats on the weight loss compliment!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the walk. I hope you made it home okay!
You are totally looking slimmer in those jeans : )
- Stace

Vava said...

Man, I so agree with you on the whole "8 hour window" thing! It is completely unreasonable in this day and age, don't you think? Given that every other aspect of our lives is scheduled to the second, why can't the appliance repair and delivery people get with the program and provide timely service!

mommie2lea said...

I'll do your grocery shopping if you'll do my laundry (that means washing and putting it away!).

And that Stuart Smalley comment made me literally LOL!

AKA Alice said...

HAAAATE Grocery Shopping...we have almost no food in the house right now (I'm such a good mom). Gonna have to suck it up and do it tomorrow...sigh...

Hope you escaped from being held hostage.