Thursday, October 30, 2008

Take it and Run Thursday



I stopped by Runner's Lounge today and the topic for Take it and Run Thursday was super powers. What super power would I choose to make me a better runner?

Hmmmmmm....If I were a running Super Hero what powers would I have? Since I am big into not having just one of anything....I have a wide array of powers.

  • My first super power would be I would have the ability to run in a tube top, thigh high boots,and a cape.
  • I would have a smell shield to block the odor of other runner's high fiber breakfasts and dodge the dreaded crop dust.
  • I would grow a third foot to boot runners that rudely cut in front of me or decide to stop abruptly.
  • I would have a force field that protected me from other runner's spit, snot, and other fluids. *shudder*
  • My powers would get super charged when my alarm goes off at 5AM and I would up and out for the run.
  • I would wear wristbands that shoot stuff at people that annoy me.
  • I would only be able to survive on a strict diet of bar food and beer.
  • Last but not least, I would be a time traveler. I would love to go back into time when I was in the best shape of my life and rewrite my running history.
Back to my mortal status.....it is so fun to daydream. *sigh*

20 comments:

BeachRunner said...

ROFL at "crop dusting." That is brilliant.

tfh said...

We NEED to start a race series in which we all wear tube tops, boots, and a cape. For maybe two blocks. That would make me feel POWERFUL.

Julianne said...

Great list of super powers! I couldn't help but LOL on the first one and the 2nd to the last one. hehe. Love the full sized Wonder Woman picture! ;-)

Stace said...

Great choices! I would love to have the force field!
Tfh - great suggestion on the race series. I love it!

Shosh said...

LMFAOOOO you are hilarious. If you can figure out the third leg and odor shield thing I would totally buy one of each.

There is a stilleto race somewhere, maybe next year all the bloggers need to do it. Men too.

Shoe Running said...

Ha ha! I just found you blog through tiart...you are so funny! :) I like your list of superpowers...crop dusting! he he!

Marcy said...

LMAO Carly! Ahhhhhh yeah strict diet of bar food and beer!

AKA Alice said...

I'd also want to lose weight on a diet of bar food and beer...

Also, "crop dusting"... priceless...

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Hahahahaha. But I'd want a diet of icecream!!

Jess said...

I like the idea of wrist bands that shoot stuff.

Viper said...

Huh, I DO survive on bar food and beer. Super power, indeed!

Thanks for stopping by Team HQ. Cheers.

RunningNan said...

I would wear wristbands that shoot stuff at people that annoy me.


This is the one I want too! When I run downtown at lunch, people just think that it's easier for me to move out of the way than them. They walk right into me. Next time it happens, I'm just going to pretend I didn't see them and pummel them!

Great post!

Cyndi said...

I'm with ya on the bar food and beer. *sigh* There must be a way to work that angle....

Very funny stuff!

Carolina John said...

that's a great list. too funny.

Girl on Top said...

I love the third foot!

Tammy said...

Love the idea.
Hmmm... bar food and beer. Add some cookies or ice cream, and I'd be all set.

Frayed Laces said...

You totally crack me up! Great post!

chia said...

Wow. I want your powers too!

N.D. said...

Wow, I'll take all of those!!! Great ideas! I like the idea of running in whatever you feel like and I'll add not getting chafed!

Marie said...

Haha. I like "I would wear wristbands that shoot stuff at people that annoy me." Could I wear the wristband when I am not running?