Friday, October 10, 2008

TGIF

The scale says....

Up a pound. How the hell did I gain this week? I could have replaced Fergie, Dutchcess of York as the Weight Watchers poster child. Am I pissed? Yes. However, looking back at my history of losing weight this is normal and every 4th week I should expect a gain. I am not running to the fridge or cancelling my membership, I am just working it and hope for a better week next week. It helps that Viv's challenge has started and my primary goal is not to come in last this time.



Being a Girl Isn't Always Fun...(Male readers be warned)

I will spare the gory details of my doctor visit. The verdict:

Hmmmmmmmm and a shoulder shrug.

Not that I am hoping that they find something, but I want the mystery of my pain to be solved and I want to be able to not feel like someone kicked me in the pelvis. She did a biopsy and I should get the results back late next week. What do you think I did after I got home? Yep.....WebMD. Now I am convinced I have Cancer. I hope my husband doesn't read this because he will be revoke my Internet access as I have been banned from that site.

Today turned out to be a beautiful Fall day and I hope the weekend stays this way. I am going to strap on the walking shoes enjoy some of this nice weather.

Good luck to all the racers this weekend!

14 comments:

TinaGirl said...

Hoping and praying everything is easily fixed (I hate when they say "Oh its nothing, lets wait and see". BLAH what the heck did they go to medical school for again?). I'm thinking of you and hope you feel better soon.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hope everything is ok. My doctor has a sign on his door that you aren't allowed to mention WebMD in his presence.

Stace said...

I will keep my fingers crossed, and will kick you off of WebMD whenever possible!

AKA Alice said...

WebMD is the devil...

But it is sooooo frustrating when the doc doesn't know IMMEDIATELY what the problem is and a IMMEDIATE cure...GAH! What was all that med-school for anyway?

MizFit said...

thinking about you.
webmd and all the other md sites can throw THIS woman into a fear tizzy.

Miz.

Lily on the Road said...

don't jump to conclusions...PLEASE!!

Great attitude for your weight loss, you're doing just fine....keep up the great work!

RunningNan said...

I always self-diagnose. It's worse when the doctor even gives you something to research.

Viv said...

Carly relax babe it could be nothing. I will think positive thoughts. I got my doctarate in WebMD and am doing my recidency right now. I can conqer that we must run the apprpiate tests and relax :-)

Black Knight said...

Good luck, I am sure that everything is ok.

BeachRunner said...

Stay away from Web MD and I am sure all will be fine.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Sorry that you don't know what is causing the pain. Hope they figure it out and it isn't any thing too serious.

chia said...

Ugh, chickie docs so suck. Good luck chica, hope you're feeling better super soon!

Jess said...

I hope everything is okay!

RooBabs said...

Well, if you get kicked off WebMD, you can always check out mayoclinic.com (ha ha). I always self-diagnose, too, because I've had too many experiences where I pay the doctor's co-pay and they either can't figure it out, or they say it's nothing, and I wasted $20 (plus time and gas).

Hope everything turns out okay.