Sunday, October 26, 2008

That's Hot

I love this time of the year. I especially love Halloween. Every year, our friends have was has become know as Fright Fest. We have a blast every single year. The master mind of the Fright Fest always goes all out on his costume and this year was no exception.....he was one of the Cavemen from the commercial and short lived sitcom.

My costume this year fell short on the creative spectrum. Actually, it was really lame but nevertheless still funny if I do say so myself. My BFF and I went as bridesmaids from the 1980's. She had a side pony tail and I had mall bangs. I love the puffy sleeves and the shoulder pads. Oh the dresses they had back then.

The glasses were just an added benefit that needed to be thrown in the costume somehow. My husband found them randomly in a chair at our house. He asked if I was having an affair because they looked like men's glasses. I said yes, yes I am banging the Schwan's man. Only kidding of course, but the glasses remain a mystery.

I love the shoulder pad, metallic goodness.
My busy weekend caught up with me and I did not get off the couch yesterday. I literally watched 4 hours of Bridezillas and Elf with the kids. I loved every second of being lazy.
That is all I have to report. Please note that there is a lack of mention of healthy eating and exercise in this post. That is because there was not any of that happening this past weekend. Never fear I am back on track today and chugging water to wash away all my caloric sins.

9 comments:

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. What is Schwan's?

Marcy said...

Beachy doesn't know who the Schwan man is?!? The horror! LOL

OMFG HAHAHAHAHA Love the earrings too Carly. Nice little touch HAHAHAHAAA

MCM Mama said...

Hilarious!! Totally love the outfit. I'll have to remember that one when I'm desperate some year (I have some real winner dresses at the back of my closet).

AKA Alice said...

ACK!!! Scariest costume EVAH!!! I loves me a food costume bash that justifies the existance of the HORROR that is the back of my closet.

Oh...and banging the Schwan man? Hahahahahaha... You are just too funny...

AKA Alice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tish said...

Too Funny! Love the glasses.

Stace said...

I love the costumes! Way too funny about the Schwan's man!!!!

Shosh said...

LMFAOOOO that is a great look for you! Digging the glasses and of course the mystery behind them.

I hate to admit that there was a time in my life when I loved the side ponytail. Thanks for the giggle as always.

:-)

RooBabs said...

The Schwan's man- ROFL!! You are too funny. My husband always jokes that I have a Polynesian boyfriend that I'm with when he has game night with the boys, haha.

Love the hairdo's. You two are the cutest pair.