Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Flashback Inspiration

Tick tock, tick tock. I am burning the midnight oil tonight finishing up a photo shoot. I am convinced that my laptop is going to catch fire soon as it is getting very hot. I am waiting for an upload and it is moving like molasses. Santa if you are listening I have been a very good girl all year and hopes you will bring her a shiny new Mac. *shining good list halo*

While I am patiently waiting for this piece of shit to work, I am having a flash back to 2 years ago when I was very close to my WeWa goal. I remember trying on new shorts for a race. They were compression shorts on the inside and boy(ish) shorts on the outside. For the first time in my life I actually thought my ass and legs looked awesome. I of course snatched them up as fast as I could.

This was a time in my life where shopping was fun. I didn't have to do a Hail Mary to get stuff buttoned. I had variety, I could shop wherever I wanted, and I didn't have to buy the biggest size on the rack. I looked good. People told me I looked good. Looking good made me feel good.

Why am I daydreaming about the past? I have really been struggling with motivation lately. Really struggling. Last week at the meeting, my leader asked "What is your motivation?". My answer *crickets chirping*.....I had nothing. I sat there almost dumbfounded that I couldn't come up with one thing that would light my fire and get the scale moving.

Tonight's total recall might have sparked my mojo. I really liked not having to shop in the tent section. I am now getting to the point where I need to add things to my closet. Now the question I ask myself is Do I want to buy what sorta fits or do I want to buy what I like? Do I want to stay where I am or do I want to feel like I did two years ago?

I think the answer is self-explanatory.

I don't know what triggered the memory of my workout shorts but it has me excited to want to succeed. Inspiration comes at crazy times and I should take it when it is thrown at me.

Upload complete. Off to bed......

13 comments:

Tish said...

Carly, Hang on. Your running shorts just may be the inspiration you need. Find a great picture and tac in on your fridge. You CAN do this! As a chubby chick myself, I found your blog and read the entire archive. You are strong and an inspiration to me. I think of times I've lost on WW and started to regain. If I'd only stopped the train 20 pounds or 30 pound out, how much better off I'd have been. Head up, shoulders back, tummy in!

Shosh said...

You have your motivation in this post...you want to shop where you want, you want to wear what you and more than anything you want to get back into those shorts. :-)

As you already know this is a slow process that takes a lot of patience along with some playing around to see what works.

Don't lose sight of what is most important, that you feel good about yourself. What can I do to help?

Marcy said...

Alright Carly!! Anyway you can find motivation baby!! ;D ;D

Jess said...

It's hard to find motivation, especially in winter with holiday stress looming. But I think you found it here in your memory of a year ago. Now go get it!

tfh said...

I suppose we should credit YOU, not your piece of shit computer, for your flashback! Better hang on to that inspiration, because hopefully you won't be using anything so slow that it gives you that much flashback time pretty soon. You can get there!

Tammy said...

Carly- I hope the flashback gives you the motivation you need!

I'm in the same boat lately, I can't seem to get myself motivated and I don't know exactly why. I have a whole closet full of clothes I love... yet I'm wearing "fat clothes" that I think are ugly.

RunningNan said...

Ok.. you totally made me snort my water when I read about shopping in the tent section. Motivation does come in weird places and at the most odd times. I'm glad that you have that excitement back. It's a great feeling... OOOh.. Try this one also.. buy new running shoes! ha ha.

Marlene said...

I have held on to a few key pieces from my 'skinny' days and try to squeeze my butt into them now and then. It's motivating to (a) remember that I once fit into those jeans - surely i can again! and (b) see progress from one week/month to the next.

Stay motivated!

Viv said...

I wish I could help with the motivation Carly but I suck right now. I feel like such a losah wiating to the new year to do something about it, what a dayum cliche.

I guess I am not helping. but how you can say halo and shit in the same paragraph is funny as hell to me LOL!

mommie2lea said...

Agreed... you never know what is going to be the motivational thing that pushes you to success. I have very similar fond memories of days where I looked good, and I look forward to getting back there. I had also forgotten how fun the way back down can be as cast of the bigger clothes.

Hope the flames fan for you, lit by your shorts. ;-)

chia said...

You'll get back there before you know it ;-) Just keep peckin' at er!

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like you found your motivation tonight! Now get going. :o)

Cyndi said...

Hey, whatever it takes to get movin', that's all that matters!

Shopping 'dreams' are great...my wardrobe S***ckx frankly. I have never been into serious fashion or style, but now I'm like, why the heck NOT?

I feel a post idea coming on...so I won't hog your space here. The main thing is, find your motivation, and don't lose it! Hang those shorts on the outside of your closet, or a photo on the fridge! Anywhere to remind you where you want to end up!