Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Blog is One Year Old Today!


Happy Birthday Little Blog!
Wowweeee has this year flown by. One year ago today I started this blog to document my running and weight loss adventures. Ironically, one year later I am in the exact same position as I was when I started this journey. Although it would appear that I have made absolutely no progress, I do have some noteworthy accomplishments, some failures (I mean lessons learned), and things I will do different to move forward.
What I Have Accomplished:
  • Reindeer Run 5K
  • Valentines Day 5K
  • Get in Gear 10K
  • Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon
What I Learned:
  • I can do a half marathon with very little training
  • Having a baby is more work than I remember. Baby Diva did NOT get her name because of her mild disposition. (she takes after her father)
  • A 3 mile run is no match for a Chipotle Burrito
  • Once you sign a volunteer form, you are screwed....be prepared to be stalked
  • I whine about not wanting to run, then I whine when I can't run. I must just like to whine.
  • Speaking of wine....2 buck chuck is not something to drink the night before a run.
What I Will Do Different:
  • Strength train & Stretch. I am not 18 anymore and my almost 35 year old body needs more TLC (not THAT kind of TLC)
  • Cross train....maybe a little Jazzercize?
  • Train for races rather than just doing them
  • Not over schedule myself. *thinking of ways to scare off PTA*

Thanks for a great year! I have loved all the comments giving me support and encouragement. I also love stalking your blogs for my daily dose of entertainment, laughs, and training tips.

Anywhoooooooooo:

C25k is on deck for this evening. Yesterday's workout was a 4 (ish) mile walk at lunch.

Have a great day!

28 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Love the lessons learned.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Happy Blogiversary!

Marcy said...

Only a year?!? Why did I think you've been here longer?! Anyway . . .

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY CARLY!! Love me some Carly posts in the AM's ;-)

RunningNan said...

WOw. I thought you have been here more than a year as well. Happy Blogivesary!

I am laughing at the chipotle! ha ha.

Viv said...

The kids look so cute on Halloween! The Recees was calling my name as well.
I am glad the test came back negative.
Happy Blogversary!! The accomplished list loos great!!
Good luck with the C25K with the hubby!!

BeachRunner said...

Great post. Happy Blogiversary!!

Jess said...

Happy Blogiversary!

MCM Mama said...

Happy Blogiversary! I have a "diva" as well, but he's seven LOL.

Saface Macdonald said...

Happy Blogiversary! Congrats on all your accomplishments and future goals!

Marlene said...

Happy Blogiversary/Blog-Birthday. Hey, nothing has calories on Birthdays, right? Or is that just on MY Birthday?

'Grats on all of your accomplishments!

TinaGirl said...

Happy Blogiversary! What wonderful lessons you've learned this year. Chipotle is like a freaking 6 or 8 mile run damn it! I hate that but I won't eat one unless I do at least 6 miles and they are my FAVORITE! I won't eat movie theater popcorn unless I do like 20 LOL.

Its nice to celebrate this special day with you!

Catholic Runner said...

Happy Blog Birthday!

Marci said...

Happy 1st Blogiversary!

Julianne said...

Happy birthday to Carly's blog! Love the lessons learned! :-)

tfh said...

Happy blog birthday! Great lessons for the rest of us. A Chipotle burrito is known as a "twelve mile run" in my household. Two buck Chuck is known as "water."

RooBabs said...

Congrats on your blogging milestone. Love the reflections, and goals. See how far you've come (even if you feel like you're in the same spot as a year ago, you're really not).

Lesley said...

Here's to many more blog birthdays to come! Happy 2nd Year!

akshaye said...

Um.. I'm confused. Cant decide if its a birthday or an anniversary! So wish you both.

Chipotle Burrito >= 10 miles

They should start doing that on all food labels :)

Fian said...

Let us know if you learn how to quiet the PTA ... And happy blogiversary!

Runnergirl said...

I just found your blog and it is great. Happy Blogiversary! I too have a little diva. She is 2, going on 14.

chia said...

Happy birthday CCRT!

Mark Salinas said...

Congratulations! So many accomplishments! I did the Get in Gear myself! :)

MizFit said...

happy belated!!

any cake left over?

mommie2lea said...

Happy Blog-iversary... and WOW on your accomplishments for the past year. The half alone would be the accomplishment of a decade for me!

Hope your C25K run went well! :-)

Pokey said...

Happy day Carly!! I love your blog and heartily celebrate this monumental birthday!!! Yipppeee!

Great lessons BTW....good for ALL of us! :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Happy b-day blog!!

YEAH for strength training! That ALWAYS helps!

BOO for Jazzersize. That NEVER helps!

;)

Running Through Time said...

Happy Blogiversary, I enjoy reading your blog and I wish you continued success!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Happy Blogiversary!!

Seems like you *have* accomplished a lot in a year. Great lessons learned too. LOL.