Sunday, November 30, 2008

This and That

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone. I hope everyone had a great holiday and stuffed themselves with lots of turkey. I am just starting to wake up from my carbohydrate coma. I had a wonderful weekend and spend some good time with family and friends.

I still don't have anything blog worthy. The last few weeks have been one crazy blur. I guess that is the typical holiday season.

I started my new job. So far, I really like it. It gives me a little peace and quiet (if you can believe that) and something to do in the evening. There is a good mix of people, some are my age and older just looking for holiday cash and then there are the high school students. I have a whole blog entry on the high schoolers. They are a riot and make me nervous for the future. Only kidding, as I was their age once. It is fun to people watch.


One benefit of this job is all the exercise I am getting. I push, I pull, I stock, and best of all I walk. I walk a lot. I am going to slap on a pedometer to see how far I walk each day I work. I came home from my first night and I was sore, good workout sore. I think this might be the jump start I was looking for.


I know I have said this before but our dog's health is going down the tubes. She took another turn for the worse this past weekend and it is looking like this week might be it. I had another gut wrenching talk with the kids. My middle child was sobbing as was I and my oldest just rolled his eyes and said "yeah yeah, heard this all before". I just had to laugh when he said that because it is true. But unfortunately the time has come for our good friend Riley and we are making the appointment for later this week.

The agenda today involves finishing the decorating I started. The tree is up, but no decorations. The bins are all pulled but all my decorations are still in them. It feels like I just put all this stuff away! This year it is a challenge as Baby Diva is now a Toddler Diva and into EVERYTHING. Our tree is going to look pretty funny with all the ornaments on the top half. Also, since today is December 1st, I need to make a list of all my holiday favorite things I want to do in the next 25 days.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and I am planning on sitting down with a glass of wine tonight to catch.....make that a bottle as I have a lot of catching up to do. Ha!

16 comments:

D10 said...

Sorry to hear about your dog:( You'll have to wear the pedometer, it will be interesting to see what the result is.

Have lots of fun decorating.

AKA Alice said...

LOL. I wish I had digital pictures of our tree with all the decorations on the top 1/2...funny.

Bring on the high school student stories!

your brother said...

do a glass... not a bottle... I do not want to be drunk dialed nine times like Friday night.

Carly said...

That wasn't me that was MOM!

your brother said...

You so lie... Mom can not dial that fast... FYI those gyros were ______able... Where did you get them??

Cyndi said...

Ok, first of all...your brother is a riot! :-)

I know what you mean - it feels like I just put all of my decorations AWAY! I get more and more scrooge-like as I age ha ha...I can't wait to put an envelope of money on our tree for each kid like my parents did for us starting at age 13!

Tammy said...

I won't put my tree up until at least mid-December. With two cats in the house, they tend to knock multiple branches off the artificial tree on a daily basis- ornaments everywhere.

Sorry to hear about your dog... but glad the job is going well!

Marcy said...

OMG! I forget how the kids are when they're that young. Ooohhh you have fun with that and tie down that tree HAHA!

BeachRunner said...

Congrats on the job. Sounds like it is "working out" for you. LOL.

mommie2lea said...

I am so sorry to hear about Riley... it is so hard to make the call, even when you know in your heart it is time.

LOL on decorating the top half of the tree! I remember those days!! Now I just put the fragile ones on the top half to keep them away from my beastly kitties as much as possible... but I seems to have an ornament casualty ever year anyway. :-(

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

been there done that with the tree. when the kids were really small, no ornaments on the bottom. Then when they got big enough, i let them decorate the tre. for a while all the ornaments were really low - none at the top because they couldn't reach. :-)

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the ornaments on the top! BTDT. This year, the boys decorated the tree, so except for some really fragile ones that I hung, all our ornaments are no higher than about 5.5 feet.

Glad the job thing is working for you...

Greg said...

Why are you putting the ornaments on top? Let her play! Here's what you do: glass & keepsake ornaments on top. Buy some cheap plastic dollar store ornaments (check them out before you buy) down low. Let her place them. Let her move them around whenever she wants. She'll only be this age once, and when it's gone, it's gone.

We do this with our kids, and they love it. Early on we did have ornaments high, but that was more for the cat than anything (she'd reach up and smack the ornaments, knock them down, then play with them). But the kids? The tree's more for them than anything anyway, let them own it!

Viv said...

Your family is a trip girl! I always laugh at your bros comments. You guys need to do like a family reality show or something.

I am sorry about the pup.

Marlene said...

Glad to hear the new job is off to a good start - and bonus that it gives you some added exercise!

Happy Decorating!

Maggy said...

Just stumbled on your blog. I am sorry about your dog:0(