Friday, November 7, 2008

Welcome Winter


Snow! I woke up to mother fricken snow!!! I am soooooooooo not ready for winter. We still have tons of leaves that need to bagged and I need to get Baby Diva a winter coat. Every year when I see the sight of white stuff I get bitter and wonder why of all the places in United States my grandparents chose the tundra to settle.

I know it is November and we should start getting the winter like weather but is is so disheartening that our winter lasts 6 months. At least the kids will be excited and want to play outside (translation: out of my hair. ha!).

Even though I despise winter, I actually like running in the cold BETTER than the heat. I takes me a little while to get motivated to brave the elements, but once I am out there I enjoy it. At least with the cold you an add layers to warm up, the heat you can't do a thing about.

I will stop talking about the weather. I am sure in the next several months you will not forget how I feel about winter.

**********************


My 2 C25K runs this week have been good. On Wednesday I didn't want to run in the dark so I piled the 2 kidlets I had at home in the monster double stroller and went on my way. Wow, what a workout! My son is clearly too big for the stroller but I made him ride anyway. Baby Diva loved it! My son wasn't so excited. I told him I was going to run and we would go really fast. When I did run, he asked "When are we going to go fast are you running yet?". Little stinker, next time he is running with me!

Running is not on the schedule today. I have a video day and 3 kids at home. Maybe I will dust off the Wii fit and challenge the boys to a few rounds. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

25 comments:

Viv said...

Oh my Carly snow shiz already?! I feel for ya. I think I would just start Netflix and watch movies till spring.

Have a great weekend! Way to stick with that C25K!!

RunningNan said...

Oh yeah.. We saw snow already a couple weeks ago. I still have green leaves on my trees! I do have to agree that I like running in the cold too.. But that's because I can let it all hang out and not worry about the jiggle!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

That's funny about your son wondering when you'd go really fast. Sometimes I run with my dog and I think he'd have the same response...LOL

Shosh said...

I wish that we had snow here. I am ready to start skiing!!

LMAOOOO your son is a stinker. Glad that you took them both with you though, that made the workout even harder I bet. Burning more cals. How's the Chub Hub doing with his C25K?

Jess said...

Well, as you say, it IS November. And you live in MN. Snow shouldn't be that much of a surprise.

Carolina John said...

at least you get snow. We might get an ice storm here once every 3 or 4 years. I love snow but if it is threatened here they close the schools and the grocery stores sell out of milk bread and eggs. I don't know why everyone in town wants to make french toast when it snows but i guess they all do.

The mountains of NC (where I went to college) average 8 ft of snowfall a year. 3 hours north of here now, but 3000 ft higher elevation. I love it!

Tammy said...

Ugh Snow!

Great job on pushing the kids in the stroller and getting that workout!

Your son's comment reminds me of my kids at every race that they come to- they always say, "Mom, what took you so long? You're slow." or something to that effect.

They rarely come to races with me...

Girl on Top said...

Wow, that is crazy! I hope we don't get any snow.

AKA Alice said...

Oh Carly...so sorry about the white-shiz..., but you go ahead and complain about the weather all you want (heaven knows I've done my fair share of THAT).

LOL at your son's comment :-))

Marcy said...

OMG! You guys got snow? It's been crazy warm here the last couple days (no coat needed) Yeah I know. You want to punch me in the face now :P

Laura N said...

Ooh, sorry about that So. Indiana comment on FB. Didn't realize you were bitter about the snow. ;)

Good for you for running with the kids! That's great. And I love running in the cold, too. I can't wait. (this weekend it's going to be down in the 30s for the low, brrr)

tfh said...

Adorable photo of the kids in the stroller! Whenever I see running mamas with double strollers I wonder how you manage the extra weight-- that's quite a workout, especially when you've got a little wiseacre goading you!

Helen said...

Six months of winter: the reason I don't live in Minneapolis - or want to live there. Seriously, I'd have to be permanently medicated. Although, I do enjoy running in cooler weather, just not freaking bitter cold =)

BeachRunner said...

What a cute pic and holy crap on the snow. Keep up the nice work on the runs, no matter what your son says. LOL.

Mark said...

Yup! Winter is here! Snowwww.... :)

Fian said...

Kids are great, aren't they? Hee hee. We were supposed to get snow a few days ago, but somehow got spared. The new prediction is Monday. Nothing like a first-snow-of-the-year-on-a-Monday to liven up an otherwise decent commute, right?

Steve Stenzel said...

Cute kids! And I HATE that white stuff!!

D10 said...

Snow already? At least it doesn't look like too much. Great job packing the kids and hitting the streets.

MCM Mama said...

Ugh! on the snow!

The last time I ran with Jones, he kept saying to me "faster mommy, faster!" Quite the slave driver, that one. But heck, even going slowly, running with a double stroller is a heck of a workout!

Marci said...

I agree I prefer the cold to the heat. Your kids are beautiful!

mommie2lea said...

You said the "s" word... how mean! I think we are getting some here in Chicago this weekend, too, but hopefully it will not stick just yet.

And I have to thank my mother, who was born and raised in Minneota, MN, for making the choice to move to Chicago so that I could be just a wee bit south and have a couple more snow-free days than you!

Great shot of two of your munchkins. :-)

Julianne said...

Oh geez, snow already??!?!? I'm not ready for winter, either. :-(

Running with one kid looks hard enough but wow, you ran with 2! Great job!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Good job running with the 2 kids.

Ew on the snow!

Cyndi said...

I don't think I'll be running outside much this winter either! I will TRY, but I think I won't like it, ha ha.

Good job with the C25K - Keep it going!

RooBabs said...

Complain all you want about the weather- I won't mind. I think it's perfectly legitimate considering where you live. = )

I also like running in colder weather. Once you get over the hump, that is, and get out the door. Although I do hate the whole runny nose part.

Good for you for pushing the kids- the weisenheimer and the Baby Diva, too cute!