Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Caroling Blog Style

I wanted to share my love of the season by doing a little Cyber Caroling....




THAT song is stuck in my head. grrrrrr. I had never heard that song prior to this week and now it haunts me. People were making fun of me because I have never heard that song before. I guess it is like a classic or something. Whatever it is, it is annoying and I can't get it out of my head. I think my ears are bleeding. At least my brother and I have a new song to make up dirty lyrics to for Christmas Eve.

Ice skating went well. Nobody broke a bone. My son got the hang of skating just as it was time to go. I have to say, I am pretty proud of him. I think we are going to look at getting him some of his own ice skates. I love ice skating and it is a great form of cross training. My butt is going to feel that in the morning.

Volunteering went well too. The kids were hopped up on candy and buzzing around the room. The teacher looked like she needed a drink. I really think she is going to enjoy her two weeks off. Hell, I don't know how she does it. First the kids never shut up and never stop moving. Second, I don't know how she stomachs the smell of kindergarten. It is a very distinct odor of unbrushed teeth and 5 year old flatulence. But the kids were all great to me this time.

I have a fun filled weekend of working, shopping, cleaning, and celebrating my birthday.


24 comments:

Your Brother said...

LOL!!!! I already have chorus written... Also I will be in my elf costume so I can go caroling at the neighbors house after we get all our lyrics down...

Janice said...

as I watched this my 7 year old sang along the whole time, I think that was the funniest part, but yes I am thinking this song will be stuck in my head all weekend.

Diana said...

I never heard of this either! But I could easily change some of the words around too! I used to LOVE ice skating-I may need to get out and bring back a childhood memory-plus it is great for the ass!
Happy Birthday early!!!

Shosh said...

Wait...did you say your birthday?? When are we celebrating that big day?

Glad that volunteering was uneventful. Nice to know you have an ice skater on your hands, maybe he'll be playing hockey soon. :-)

Mendy said...

Your post makes me want to go ice skating. Have a great weekend!

Marci said...

I have never heard of this song either. Love the blog Christmas caroling idea!

chia said...

mute... MUTE... MUTE!!!!

Happy ho-ho's yo!

Carolina John said...

glad the skating went well. i was getting worried about you and 30 kids. ohhhhh. dangerous.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Glad skating went well. I had visions of something bad happening with all those kids on ice. wheww!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Glad skating went well. I had visions of something bad happening with all those kids on ice. wheww!

AKA Alice said...

I made it through 25 seconds before I hit STOP!!!! A song that is surely in need of dirty lyrics if ever there was one!

Hahahahah at the kindergarden smell...I could NEVER teach elementary school for that same reason.

Happy Birthday Carly!

MizFit said...

now Im sitting here nervous. afraid to click play because Im RENOWN for getting songs stuck in my head for eons...

Brandi said...

I've always wanted to go Ice skating. : D

mcmmama said...

LOL at your description of kindergarten smells.

Jones loves ice skating. I need to get some lessons so I can skate with him...

Xenia said...

I've never heard that song either.

Happy holidays and early birthday!

Jess said...

I have never heard that song before either!

X-Country2 said...

I don't remember the last time I went ice skating, but I always loved in back in the day.

RunningNan said...

I've been ice skating here for a few days! I was dancing in the parking lots over the weekend!

Girl on Top said...

Thank you for the cyber carol. That's an awesome idea!

Come over to my page and win a new pair of shoes for the new year!

Run Mommy said...

interesting... now it is definately in my head. :)

Pokey said...

Sadly, school smells like that all the way thru 6th grade. Oh wait...and pre-pubescent (did I spell that right) B.O. to the mix...and yeah....smells just like that :)

healthy ashley said...

"At least my brother and I have a new song to make up dirty lyrics to for Christmas Eve"

You're hysterical! Thanks for the carol.. Merry Christmas!

Mendy said...

For some reason, I couldn't see that... oh well. I'll have to try to catch it later.

Merry Christmas!

RooBabs said...

I don't think I've heard that song before either, but it was freakin' hilarious- love the slide show, too!! Have fun with the dirty lyrics.

Glad the skating went well, and the kids were nice.

Happy Birthday!!