Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Music

I LOVE this time of year. I have been kind of Bah Humbug because of the dog and my busy schedule has over shadowed my excitement of the season. So today a turned on the radio hoping to get in the spirit. We have the stations that play 24/7 Holiday tunes, it is great for an hour but 10 hours is a little excessive. I have made categories of Christmas songs.

Absolute Favorites
The Peanuts Christmas Song (don't know the name)
Christmas Cannon
Rudolph and Frosty
Jingle Bells-always a classic


Favorite Church Tunes
Gloria (I think that is the title...Gloooooooorrrrrriiaaaaaaaa...)
Oh Come all Ye Faithful
Ave Maria
Oh Holy Night

Oversingers that need to get over themselves
Anything by Celine
Anything by Mariah Carrey
Josh Groban's "Oh Holy Night"

Nails on a Chalkboard
Anything by Amy Grant
Anything by James Taylor
Anything by the Carpenters or Manheim Steamroller....SORRY MOM!
That John Lennon Song
That Alton John Song
I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Unless, you use the lyrics I made up which are not suitable for children)


What are your favorites?
What songs do you like to make up new words for? Come on....I know you do it.

For the record, I have alternate lyrics for almost every song. During family get togethers my brother and I often times get scolded for being immature. Hmmmmpf, imagine that.

On a side note, you may have noticed my lack of Weight Watchin' updates and lack of exercise. I can explain. I suck. I am now heavier than when I started the program and I am still on a hiatus. Not for long though....I am armed with my plan. I have started my 2009 goals that I will share in a later post when the drama with the pooch settles.

*Running around spreading Christmas cheer*

18 comments:

Jess said...

I like "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" and the Muppets' "Christmas is Coming."

Greg said...

How about The Night Santa Went Crazy by Weird Al?

your brother said...

I like replacing the christmas with the word midget...

These are some of my favorites...

Have a Holly Jolly Midget
Blue Midget
Rocking Around the Midget Tree
Oh Midget Tree
Have Yourself a Merry Little Midget

and finally...

I'm Dreaming of a White Midget...

run4mylife said...

Carol of the Bells!

And I love the Sarah McLachlan Wintersong cd!!

Julianne said...

I love Christmas music, too!! I love that it's on the radio all the time now!

My personal fave is "Last Christmas" by Wham!

Ok, your brother is hilarious!

Marcy said...

I'm with Jess "ROCKIN AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE" Baby! That and (I can't believe I'm admitting this) All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah. Yes you can point and laugh now HAHA

MCM Mama said...

I'm a big fan of the more religious Christmas songs (which is kind of funny because I'm not really into religious music in general). Silent Night will bring me to tears every time. Yeah, I'm weird LOL.

TinaGirl said...

I love ALL Christmas songs so much that I think my hubby DREADS christmas because of it but I came across this the other day (totally inappropriate for children and perhaps a bit offensive to adults too) but laughed through the whole thing.

Jingle Bell Rock Parody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6kc_oBDG3E

Marci said...

I love Christmas songs as well, and love when carolers come to the door. And ITA about Celine Dion - she drives me crazy!

AKA Alice said...

The Peanuts Song is titled "Christmas Time is Here" (I have the CD...it's a great thing to play when you're wrapping gifts). I add Adam Sandler's "The Chanukah Song?" since we do both in our house :-))

D10 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D10 said...

I really like Oh Holy Night too, that is my favorite. I also like Sleigh Ride and the Baby its Cold Outside one.

Adult Weight Loss Camp said...

That Peanuts song is great anytime of year--by Vince Guaraldi--makes me remember the Peanuts special every year...

Marlene said...

I love Christmas music! ALL OF IT. I'm so festive, it's disgusting.

My Spin instructor incorporated some Christmas tuned during class last night and it was AWESOME.

Can't wait to hear about your goals for the coming year.

Nicole said...

Thanks for your site. I need the encouragement and found it here.

Come and read my real life story and how it worked for me. http://nicolesweightloss.true.ws/

Carolina John said...

That is hysterical! Good one.

my favorite is Stanley Jordan doing Silent Night. It's a jazz thing. email me if you want it, and i'll send you the mp3.

BeachRunner said...

Bring on the tunes and festive good cheer. I like most everything, but more than one Bing Crosby tune drives me insane.

RooBabs said...

Love the music categories. I agree with all your Church Tunes faves- I love me some gllooooorrrriiiaaa.

I think you and your brother would get along great with my husband and sister in law. Everyone in his family is famous for making up their own words. The best is when he sings something to me, and puts in Roo where it says "you" (i.e. all I want for Christmas is Roo), LOL. Plus, the Hubs and his sis looooove midgets. My SIL has a shirt that says across her belly "I've had it up to here with midgets", ha ha.

Lots of Christmas songs remind me of Home Alone, which really isn't a bad thing. It makes me think of simpler times. = )