Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Need the Big Woody!

That statement is reason numbero uno why I should not be allowed to use a public walky talky.

*sigh*
At job #2 a customer asked if we carried the large Toy Story dolls. She already had Buzz Lightyear but she wanted Woody. I immediately got on my customer service hat on and called the toy department over the the walky looking for her request.

I need the big Woody!
I said it faster than my brain could process it. After the words were hanging out there, I realize what I had said and so did the customer. We laughed uncontrollably for about five minutes. What was even funnier was my "trainer" is not from this country and could not understand why we were laughing. I told explained, but it got lost in the translation. I am glad that I fit right in with all the high school kids.
This statement is going in the archives with "I love Dick!". That statement made my boss fall off of her chair. I went in with this exclamation 8 months pregnant. She said "That is obvious". I died laughing. Innocently, I went into her office excited to tell her I solved a problem. Dick, a co-worker of mine helped me and I was beyond grateful. Hence, I love Dick. Wow, I really have a problem with saying clean things and having them come out dirty.

Thank you all for the kind words regarding my pooch. I needed to lighten the mood of my very depressing post below.

21 comments:

your brother said...

I know a certain sister who is going to get a Big Woody for christmas... wait that sounded bad... it will be from Kristen...

TNTcoach Ken said...

Well, you got my attention! Isn't life fun?

Laura N said...

This time of year needs 5 minute belly laughs, on a regular basis.

I'm sorry about Riley. Hugs.

Viv said...

That is a trip, Carly! Glad you got a good belly lagugh, I did too.

Greg said...

Where do you work? I'll call and ask you to page Mike Rotch.

Running Through Time said...

You lightened my mood up! Thank you, I needed a good laugh!

I am truly sorry about Riley!

Run Mommy said...

That was great...I had a good giggle myself :)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

HAHAHAHahahahah

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Carly! Ooohhh I SO wish I could work with you. The fun that we'd have HAHA

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. You are the best!

mommie2lea said...

Okay, both of your "Freudian Slips" concerned... hmmmm... that part of the male anatomy, eh? So funny that I actually laughed out loud!

Although I asked a guy at a bar last weekend if 'he had his strap on" when I noticed that his watch was a Polar heart rate monitor watch. Nice.

Marci said...

LOL! That is hilarious!

MCM Mama said...

LOL! Can I come work with you? Too funny!

Julianne said...

I need a big woody? LOL. As soon as I saw your post title, my mind went straight into the gutter! HEHE.

Oh and I am so sorry to hear about Riley. :-(

MizFit said...

still aching for you about your dog...been there been there.

but yes ---thank you for the big woody giggle.

Marlene said...

LMAO!!!!!!!

(Laughing burns calories, you know!)

Catholic Runner said...

I laughed so hard, it brought tears to my eyes.

Carolina John said...

One night it was supposed to snow up in the north carolina mountains, and it didn't. On the following night's local newscast, the female anchor promptly asked the male weatherman "what happened to that eight inches you promised me last night?"

You are not alone. My wife has a university of south carolna (the Gamecocks) hat that she loves wearing. It uses the school colors, and across the top of the hat it only says "COCKS". 'nuff said.

Dawn said...

LMAO!!! This is sooo funny!

RooBabs said...

Wow, I so needed that story after reading your last post- thank you as always for the "Carly Comedy" (TM).

That is so classic- love both those situations. And Carolina John's story was great, too. Eight inches!!

My SIL was born in the year of the Rooster, and she has a t-shirt that says "Respect the cock"- I love it!

your brrother said...

I also just realized that the title is "I need a big woody" and the tag for this blog is open mouth...

Dirty...