Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone had a healthy and happy holiday.

Our Christmas was, well, crappy. I mean that in the most literal sense. Most everyone was granted the wish of a 5lb weight loss as we were all in the bathroom for the better part of the week. The latest victims were my brother, his girlfriend, my sister-in-law, my niece, my father-in-law, and my father. They were down for the count yesterday and today. Why does the stomach flu always hit hard during this time of the year? Why not January?

No one had the energy to really enjoy anything or eat much. I am included in that, I seriously did not and still do not have the energy to do much more than watch TV. I have enjoyed catching up on some movies and I was recently introduced to Keeping up with the Kardashians. I LOVE trash TV and this is right up there! What I am most disappointed about is that it is almost 40 degrees outside and I wasted all my energy taking a shower and putting clothes on rather than being able to do a quick run/walk around the hood.

I am getting over the stuff now, but I was majorly miserable for the majority of the week. I kept saying to myself, "it will pay off on the scale". Wednesday came and I rushed into my local Weight Watchers meeting, my buzz quickly was killed when I found out I GAINED a pound. How the hell did that happen? I hardly ate anything all week. For crying out loud, I didn't even have a piece of my own birthday cake and I still gained a pound. crap.

Christmas wasn't all "crappy". Christmas Eve was a fun night before Puking Claus came and paid a visit. Below are some of the highlights from the Chubby Chick's Christmas Party.

I learned that Poinsettias don't like to be left in a car overnight in below zero weather. My mother was shaking her head as I insisted on having it on the table as decoration.

My brother made me a special candy cane cookie.
We got a couple of gasps of horror from my mother.

We were all cozied up by our "fireplace".

My niece texting her friend telling her what an AWESOME party she was at.

I think Baby Diva is having a foodgasm.


Who is sleeping in that bed?

Look, is Baba's baked goods!! She bakes for us and then we try pawning the stuff off on other family members. I don't know why people don't want them, her walnut, raisin, pineapple bread is so tasty!


My brother needed the Imodium after eating Baba's homemade tasty treats.


Even though Christmas day was kind of a bummer because everyone was sick, the expressions on my kids faces after getting a visit from Santa made the day worth it.





Merry Christmas Everyone!

21 comments:

mommie2lea said...

I have so much to say about this post!

1) OMG, it stinks (pun intended!) that you were all so sick. Seriously, I am sorry to hear that and I hope you all feel better quickly.

2) That cookie is flipping priceless. I snorted when I saw it.

3) Love the fireplace. I have one like that, and it can also stand in as our tropical fish tank.

4) Baby Diva's foodgasm photo... so funny! Made me hungry, though. Sad but true.

5) Love the expression shots! And Santa brought DD a Nintendo DS Lite, too. She's in heaven.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

So many people were sick durnig Christmas. What a bummer. Hopefully you are all well now. :-)

AKA Alice said...

ROFLMAO at the cookie.... My mother would have DIED... love all the kid shots. Just priceless! Hope your feeing better soon.

Diana said...

The cookie is definitely a winner! Hope all are feeling well ASAP!
Happy Holidays!

Courtney said...

LOL @ Baby Diva's face...that's the EXACT expression I have when buttercream frosting, red velvet cake or key lime pie are involved. :)

Off to my own WW meeting. Hoping that my hard work paid off. If not, there MAY be a stage 5 tantrum throw in front of the scale.

Al's CL Reviews said...

The pics are awesome.
Love the kids' pics and the cookie.

Marlene said...

LOL! Love your day in pictures. Sorry to hear that everyone was sick. :( Hope you still had a good day.

Janice said...

LOL~ great pic's and great post.

Marci said...

Sorry that you and your family was sick over Christmas. It looks like you made the best of a crappy situation (sorry couldn't resist). Here's to a Happy New Year!!

chia said...

Dude, I was out with food poisoning the 24th and 25th so I can relate. Glad the kids found some smiles in their stockings :-)

Shoe Running said...

Wow! That's the worst Christmas story I've ever heard! I think you could write a short story about it and get it published :) Make sure to put in the part about the frozen poinsettia :) LOL

I hope your feeling really good soon and get to start the new year feeling fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Note to self, DO NOT read Carly with a mouth full of coffee!!

Sorry you were sick, love the pictures....priceless

Lily

Tammy said...

Awww, sorry you were sick on Christmas!
Love the kids' faces on Christmas morning...

My daughter made Gingerbread men this year. They could definitely compete with your cookie! It's HARD decorating those little guys!

MCM Mama said...

Sorry you guys were so sick! Glad the kids still had a great Christmas! The pictures are priceless.

Julianne said...

Sounds like you had an "interesting" holiday gathering! I thought the cookie was awesome. It had your name on it and everything!! I'm sure that 1 lb weight gain was just post-holiday sick thing and you're just retaining water. I bet you'll lose it and then some at the next weigh in!! I love those kid photos, too. :-)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Wow, sounds like a fun time for all. I love the Poinsettias, a really nice touch!

Amy @ Live Well said...

The looks on a kid's face on Christmas morning makes all the psycho craziness worth the trouble. My kids sure enjoyed it! Looks like you guys had a great holiday!

Happy 2009!

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. Merry Christmas indeed.

Viv said...

Carly, what a great post! Nobody does Christmas like you all....The Kardishibigbooty girl is a great show, if not alone to see Bruce Jennar's terrible face lift. LOL!

Best wishes for a great 2009! 2009 betta watch out cause we will take WeWa by storm.

Mendy said...

OMG. sucks you all had the bug. The pictures are Great!! You must have a high quality camera. Agree with the others - the cookie was great!

RooBabs said...

Sorry that your Christmas runs weren't the kind that you hoped for, LOL! But the "foodgasm" comment cracked me up.

Your poor, frozen poinsettia. But good for you for sticking to your guns and keeping it as a decoration.