Monday, December 15, 2008

My Day in Bullets....

Why I am in pissy mood today:

  • 3 kids with coughs and snotty noses
  • I had to call Santa before 9AM, he has one less stop on his route this year.
  • Below zero weather, windchill is -20 (I guess global warming doesn't effect Minnesota)
  • 1 child informed me he could not find his backpack and he lost his hat and mittens as we are ready to walk out the door.
  • My van doors are frozen shut (even after running to warm up and being out and about all day....still freakin' stuck.)
  • I had to load 3 kids through the front driver's side front door. Not an easy task with 3 in car seats.
  • Frozen doors do not make for easy school drop offs and pickups.
  • I am out of pretty much everything food related at my house.
  • Grocery store is out because I am not willing load kids and groceries through one working door.
  • My bank got a new system and now all my electronic bills are going to be late. I am not happy because their "glitch" is going to cost me money in the form of late fees.
  • Baby Diva is tearing apart my house faster than I can keep up with cleaning so I am not doing any more today.

My husband's "honey do" list just included one more stop tonight....the liquor store. Mama needs a glass of wine!

I had better go pack my gym bag for tomorrow. Sarge is going to make me walk at lunch no matter what the temp.

15 comments:

D10 said...

Rough day! Hope things turn around tomorrow and hope ethe kids feel better.

Marci said...

Yuck! Sounds like a busy Monday. Hope tomorrow is less busy!

Diana said...

Wisconsin is kind of getting me down too with this weather! Right away after working these last 7 days in a row for 10 hours each, I try to get some laundry done-yeah right, pipes to machine are frozen! Shit, off to the laundromat with hampers full of clothes out in the below zero wind chills! I took my stress out in my workout! Slammed some balls, swung some kettlebells, rode the recumbent, then ended it all in the pool with a mindless back and forth motion for some distance! Hang in there, 90 degree weather is right around the corner! :-)

MCM Mama said...

Brr! I've had days like yours, minus the weather issues. I hope hubs brought you some wine!

Brandi said...

"Below zero weather, windchill is -20 (I guess global warming doesn't effect Minnesota)"

You have just declaired that I am NOT going back to work in January. MINNESOTA Sucks!@#$!#@$

Brandi : )

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Mondays suck. Sounds like yours sucked worse than usual.

Here's to Tuesday being better!

Marlene said...

I was going to suggest a glass of wine before I read that part!

Shosh said...

UGH we've got lots of rain here but I have had frozen doors before what a PITA.

I hope that your day is better today. Hopefully you'll be able to call Santa back and tell him to come by your house before next Wednesday ;-)

BeachRunner said...

Good luck thawing out.

MizFit said...

what
a
day.

was kinda a bad one here as well and I was PROUD that it was *one* glass of wine :)

here's hoping your honey did his honey do...

Pokey said...

Just a big HUG Carly!!!! Man, what a day.

Julianne said...

Hope you got to "recover" with a glass of wine last night! Or maybe a bottle???

SuperDave said...

life of a momma!!
I can understand - I am Mr. mom
;)

RooBabs said...

Boo on frozen doors and below zero!! Boo on sick kids and no food!! Boo on bank-caused late fees!! Boo on kids making messes!!

But hope your frozen walk was a good time. Hopefully you don't get icicles in your lungs! I don't think I could survive your Minnesota cold- I can barely make it here in Utah.

AKA Alice said...

I know I'm two days late here...but the call to Santa before 9:30...SO MADE ME LAUGH.

Unfortunately, my kids are too old now for that trick...damn!