Thursday, December 18, 2008

Weigh In Results

I am down 1.6 pounds. I was a little nervous as my Secret Santa loved me up with lots of chocolate. I could not let it just sit there, I had to try it. I also survived dinner with my son's former teacher and my friends. I got lucky that I lost even though I mentioned in a prior post that I was going to be down with all the exercise I got from working.

The next two weeks my WW center is closed because of holidays. My leader put out a challenge for us to attend an alternate meeting. Since my motivation is super charged from my recent losses I am going to pop into a meeting on Wednesday evening before the Christmas Eve feeding frenzy starts. My goal is to not gain any weigh this week. I plan on getting at least 30 minutes of exercise each day and write down most of my food.

I tested out my new gear I bought yesterday on a walk today at lunch. It was a balmy 14 degrees and my robbery gear worked really well. I was nice and warm. I did have fun with my new stuff running around the office and "scaring" people. I am really mature.

Tomorrow I have a skating date with my oldest son. I haven't been on skates for YEARS. I guess one of my jobs is to help 20 kids get into their ice skates. Hmmmmm this sounds a lot like a volunteer gig. Yes, yes it is. I am a glutton for punishment. I bet I come home with a good story or two of my hip checking a some Kindergarten kid who gets in my way while I try to do my best Nancy Kerrigan. Either that or I will come home in a cast.

20 comments:

Julianne said...

Yay for losing 1.6 lbs! That is quite a feat. Seriously! Good for you for being in control. Have fun skating tomorrow!

D10 said...

Have fun skating! You'll have to take pictures.

Awesome job with the weight loss. You are doing such a great job. Keep it up.

mommie2lea said...

Awesome job on the loss... especially this time of year!

Good luck surviving the skating outing. You are a far braver woman than I, LOL!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

You're doing great on your weight! Keep it up!

Good luck at the skating rink. Sounds like a potentially dangerous situation. LOL

Carolina John said...

Way to go on the loss, Carly!

Shosh said...

CONGRATS on the loss Carly!! You are a WW rock star.

Good idea to head to a different meeting, it will keep the program top of mind for you. ;-)

You MUST post pics from your volunteering gig. I love that you keep doing these since they are a source of comedy for us faithful readers.

Marlene said...

Congrats on the loss. Maintaining through the holidays would be a huge accomplishment - that is my goal as well!

BeachRunner said...

Congrats and have fun skating.

AKA Alice said...

Congrats on the weight loss! That's a "WOW" at this time of year...

Go Nancy!

*aron* said...

woooo awesome job!!! congrats :)

tfh said...

Losing 1.6 pounds at this time of year is TOUGH-- even maintaining is challenging. Keep up the great work! And have fun skating...

Ms. V. said...

Love your blog! I'm a Lifetime member of WW but really struggling this season!!!

Heather said...

Congrats with the weight loss - tough to do this time of year, you should be proud! Have fun with the ice skating!

N.D. said...

Good luck, this is definitely the hardest time I think and you are doing great! Keep it up!

mcmmama said...

Great job on the weight loss! Good luck with the holidays!

I've done that getting kids into skates thing. Good luck keeping all fingers unscathed.

Brandi said...

congrats!! : D

I think I should try WW it seems to be pretty darn good for so many people.

Brandi

Katie said...

Just found your blog -- congrats on the weight loss!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats!

Courtney said...

Congrats on your loss! Definitely an accomplishment this time of year. :)

My goal is to not gain this week as well. I became BFFs with the gym this week and I've been eating like a sane person. My next weigh-in is Saturday and I'm hoping for a post-Christmas present.

Continued success!

RooBabs said...

Congrats on the loss!! Keep it up, cuz you're rockin' it!

And I'm with Shosh. Your volunteer experiences are fodder for comedy. Love it!