Monday, December 15, 2008

Working My Ass Off

Literally.

I jumped on the scale today to get a sneak peek before my official weigh in on Thursday and I was liking what I was seeing. I am down even from last week. If I can avoid face planting into a gallon of ice cream, I should have another really good weigh in.

I can thank my part-time gig for the loss. On average I work 5-7 hours and all I do is walk. I am on my feet the entire time. I don't feel guilty about not working out on the days that I have to work at night because I get a lot of activity. I really love that this job keeps me out of my normal nighttime nibble habit. A discount and weight loss? What more can I girl want?!

My activity today is coming from cleaning, going to the grocery store, and chiseling ice off my windshield. We got a ton of ice/snow last night so brushing my car off should be fun. Man, I hate not having a garage space this time of year. I am so jealous of you Southern peeps that don't have to start their vehicles 15 minutes prior to leaving your house. You guys don't have to shovel the heat.

15 comments:

Shosh said...

That's great news Carly! Keep it up and no face planting into the ice cream :-)

How much longer are you going to work at this part time job? Sounds like you're having a good time with it. Being on your feet for 5-7 hours needs to be taken into your POINTS consideration...

I hear you on missing the garage. It's cold!!

Brandi said...

I need your willpower. : )

Congrats on getting down from last week. I'm jealous : )

chia said...

YAAAY Carly! Good job!

D10 said...

You are doing great. Keep working hard.

Tammy said...

Woot! Great job, Carly!

Marlene said...

Awesome Carly!!!

Carolina John said...

Good job on the loss. Yes, we havne't seen the first snowflake here in SC yet. it's been into the thirties once, though.

AKA Alice said...

It is raining today here...but that's not even close to the icy-windshield, is it?

I do feel your pain. I grew up in cold.

A discount AND weightloss? Sounds like Nirvana to me!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay Carly!

tfh said...

Great job! Being active at work always makes such a difference.

BeachRunner said...

Woo HOO!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I used to have a job that had me on my feet alot. Now I have a job that has me sitting on my rear all day. Big difference!!

Sounds like a good situation all around for you.

Good job on the weight loss. :-)

Mark said...

Keep it up and stay warm! Way to go!

MCM Mama said...

Awesome! Keep it up!

I had the same experience when I worked a full time and a part time job. The weight just fell off. Hmm, maybe I need to find myself a job...

RooBabs said...

Very cool! I hear you on the cold. We had snow again yesterday, and this morning when I left for work it was 17 degrees. Talk about warming up the car for 15 minutes. Scraping windows blows goats. But at least I didn't have to shovel the driveway before I could back out (just last night when I got home, LOL).