Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Carly and John's Big Christmas Adventure

That is right, I said Christmas Adventure. The holidays aren't quite over for me yet. I am road tripping with my brother tonight(stay tuned for pictures). We are going to our parents house for the night to celebrate Serbian Christmas. We are going up to earn brownie points with the family and spare any guilt trips keep family tradition alive. It is just going to be my brother, Baby Diva, and myself. The rest of the family is staying home because school just started again and I am trying to get the kids into a normal routine this week.

As I was growing up Serbian Christmas was HUGE. We had programs at church, Santa came, and the food.....OHHHH the food. We didn't have a huge family, but everyone got together. I thought I was hot shit as a kid because I got TWO Christmas celebrations. I am a little sad that everyone has grown up and this holiday has kind of gone to the wayside. I am guilty of brushing it off myself. When January is here, I don't want to look at another Christmas decoration. This tradition was a huge part of my upbringing and now I would like to start celebrating with my own family.

Before I go, I have a standing date with that beyotch Jillian. I also walked 2.5 miles with Sarge at lunch as well as resisted the urge to eat out. I drank water and ate my soup. It was boring but I don't have the guilt and I saved a few bucks today.


To all my bloggity peeps...

Hristos se rodi!!!!! (Merry Christmas)**

**Mom and Dad, if you are reading...see I learned more of the Serbian language than just the swear words.

20 comments:

Viv said...

should be a fun road trip for you and bro w the baby diva! Good for you with keeping up with the Jillian torture.
have a safe road trip...

mrjwhit~ said...

I HATE family guilt trips. Traditions are so over the top at times.

Good on you for keeping the peace. Just don't pull a piece.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Sounds like Julian is your BFF now.... Ha

Marlene said...

Another Christmas?! I don't think I could take that right now... certainly my waist line couldn't.

Have a safe trip and enjoy! Hristos se rodi! :) (yes, I copied and pasted)

Heather said...

Have fun! Looks like you're still hanging in there with Jillian - way to go!

teacherwoman said...

Have a fun road trip! Sounds like a good time!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

LOL about learning more than just the swear words!

Marcy said...

Sure you learned more than the swear words . . .you also learned the parts for male and female genitalia :P

Shoe Running said...

Have a good road trip! Serbian Christmas? Sounds like fun to me!

D10 said...

Carly, you are doing a great job, keep staying strong.

Hope you have fun celebrating again!

MCM Mama said...

Keep up the good work and have an awesome time tonight!

Marci said...

Have a good trip! Good job on the DVD workout!

Carolina John said...

sounds like fun carly!

Jess said...

I have some MN friends who also celebrate Serbian Christmas! I wonder if you're from the same area as they are. They live in Crosby, near Brainerd.

Janice {Run Far} said...

LOL~ you crack me up. I told the hubby about that video, now he wants to try it out too. I still need to get to my Target and see if they have it.

BeachRunner said...

Great job on the walk and Jillian shiz! And way to go with keeping those family traditions alive. Hristos se rodi, backatcha!

AKA Alice said...

LOL x 2...

First at the family guilt trip (hahahaha...loved the cross out!)

Second at the standing date with the beyotch...

hahahaha...Have a great time with the family!

Al's CL Reviews said...

The road trip will probably be fun.

Good job on all the working out.

X-Country2 said...

Ooh, I've never heard of Serbian Christmas but it sounds like a pretty good time. Enjoy the food!

RooBabs said...

Is this the same bro that makes up the naughty lyrics? Should make for a good time. At least it gives you something to look forward to in January, although it does prolong the holiday snacking food-fest.

You are doing great with your workouts, though, and congrats on resisting the urge to eat out!!!