Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friday's Jumbled Thoughts

Someone thinks I am FABULOUS!! *Blushing* Sarah at Post Pregnancy Weight Be Gone, tagged me. So, here it goes. My 5 addictions at least for now.
5 things I am addicted to:

1. Running. At least reading about it for now, but next year will be a different story as long as I stay free of injury.

2. Ice. I have a really nasty habit of chewing ice. Yes, I often have low iron and crave ice. Weird, I know. My levels are normal now and I still like my ice.

3. My computer. I am a blogaholic and Facebook junkie.

4. Burt's Bees baby lotion. I bought it for my daughter but I use it all the time.

5. Wii Fit. My husband holds the top spot in most of the games and my mission is to kick his ass. Plus I enjoy my daily string of insults from the thing.

I am bad with picking peeps to tag, so if you need something to write about....TAG, YOU'RE IT!


----------------------------
Weigh In:
I am down another .4 pounds. I am disappointed happy with that loss. I hope next week is a bigger dip on the scale.

----------------------------

Ball Review:
I made the whole day on the ball. I can really feel it in my back and ABs today. I mean that in a good workout kind of way. I did get a few weird looks, but for the most part my co-workers were ready to go out and get their own. Hmmmpf...who knew we could be trend setters? I do have a fear that the ball is going to burst. I have a habit of bouncing so I know it is just a matter of time. There were two things that I didn't like:
1. It didn't swivel. I can get used to that.
2. My pants made a farting like noise if I scooted forward on the ball. Slightly embarrassing, but an effective way to keep people away.

For now, it is a fun new office toy so I think I will keep it around for a bit.

-----------------------------
Photo Friday
Since our mini heat wave is over and we are back to below zero temps, I thought I would post a pic where the leaves are still on the trees during mid summer. This picture below is from our walking/running route that we do at work. I am so anxious for warm weather!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! We are going to Granny's house this weekend. I will be catching up with reading on Sunday.

16 comments:

Marlene said...

Congrats on the loss... every bit counts.

Oh, how I miss green and blue! I'm so tired of white and grey.

Have a good weekend!

Melanie said...

great job setting the trend in your office, and a very effective way of keeping ppl away!! :) Have a great weekend.

Kate said...

Any loss is a good loss! Congrats!

BeachRunner said...

I think you are fabulous too.

Heather said...

Good weight loss - every little bit in the right direction is good! Glad you stayed on the ball.

Marcy said...

And what exactly are you using the baby lotion for?!? Huh? Huh? Huh? Sorry every time I see the words "baby lotion" I think of the one time (back when the Mr and I were dating) and we had to go get something out of his younger brother's room and I see the comp and then underneath the desk is a big ole humongo bottle of baby lotion and I go to the Mr "Why does your brother have baby lotion under his comp desk?" And then he gives me "the look" and I realize how dumb my question was HAHAHHAA. EWWWHHHHHH so nasty!

Missy said...

Good to hear that you're enjoying your new balls at work. I have too many addictions...You only want 5 of them?!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I am counting the days for some warmer weather. We did make it to 50 today. whoot woot

Carolina John said...

Have a great weekend, Carly. good job on the .4 loss.

tfh said...

So cool that you can feel the muscles being worked in your ab and back! Down .4 is still down! Have a great weekend.

Laura N said...

Yay for the loss. It's better than a gain!

Your ball chair is cool. (My desk at work looks just like yours.)

Loved your addiction list. That baby lotion smells heavenly.

lindsay said...

glad day 1 of the ball went well. i laughed about the 2 things you didn't like. maybe on monday everyone will have one! :)

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the farting ball!

Have a nice weekend!

AKA Alice said...

Yeah...farting ball made me LOL.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jess said...

So low iron makes people crave ice? I've never heard that before. Interesting.

J~Mom said...

I totally hear ya on being a computer addict! I am going to be out of town next week and will probably die without facebook! LOL