Saturday, January 3, 2009

I Have Seen the Devil!

Her name is Jillian Michaels. Wowweee! That 30 Shred is quite a challenge. So much so that I have to type with my nose because every other part of my bod is aching. She really is a she devil. My husband also did the workout yesterday and upon finishing I heard...."I HAAAAAATEEEE HER!!!!!". I am laughing because we are both moving pretty darn slow today.

As hellish as this first workout was, I think it is going to be one that I incorporate into my regular routine. This workout made me realize my weaknesses....my entire body. I am so weak that I could not properly do ONE push-up or ONE squat. It was really sad.

The other thing about this workout is that compression wear is ABSOLUTELY necessary. The cardio portion contains jumping jacks, jump rope, butt kicks, and punches. If you have a tight little package of a body you will be fine. However, if you are like me and have some junk in the trunk or a C-Section flap, you might want to duct tape that stuff down. It will flip flop in the opposite direction and the jiggle is not pretty. This is definately a two sports bra workout. Consider this today's public service announcement.

For those asking where I got it, I purchased mine at Target. I saw it on Amazon.com for several dollars cheaper. I give this DVD two thumbs up even though I can't walk today. It is a very quick, down and dirty way to get some cross training and some strength training in. It comes in very handy when you don't have a gym membership or are very crunched on time.

I don't know that I can physically do this again today. So I will give it another shot tomorrow. I am going to attempt a run walk this afternoon. It will be the first one of 2009!

30 comments:

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

That's probably something good to aim for doing 3x per week with at least one rest day in between.

Sounds like a good workout!

Diana said...

The C-section flap comment cracked me up!!! LMAO...exercising is so damn funny ain't it????!!!! I have to go out and get that DVD.

Melanie said...

OMG, too funny! I will need to see if i can find the DVD in Canada yet... sounds like a great kick in the a$$! Hope you're not in a hurry for anything today, although you have the constant reminder of a great workout :)

RunningNan said...

You never cease to make me laugh!

TinaGirl said...

biggest loser starts Tuesday. Thats about as much as JM as I can handle for the moment but then again I'm contemplating a Kettlebell class and that is just S-C-A-R-E-Y.

Hope your run goes smoothly.

Marlene said...

Wow, sounds like quite a workout!

Make sure you dress properly ... watch out for the whiplash!

aron said...

i have heard good things about her workout... i might have to give it a try :) thanks for the review!

AKA Alice said...

LMAO...girl, you are too funny! I've never heard it called a C-Section flap, but I completely appreciate the PSA!

D10 said...

I love how you are going to keep doing this workout to challenge yourself. You are on the right path to accomplishing all your goals.

Jami said...

Jillian Michaels is a scary thing. I'm not sure she's human but she does get results (otherwise known as "I can't walk for a week" for now). Keep up the hard work!

BeachRunner said...

Go Carly! Nice work. WTG!! Just dont forget the rest days.

MCM Mama said...

I just snorted beer out my nose! LMAO

I'll have to check out that workout!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO Carly!! Amen!! I have small hooters but let's just say you can hear them flop around if I ever went braless. My poor floppy flapjacks :-( LOL

AWESOME job Momma! Way to get that baby done! The she devil comment reminded me of the movie (with Roseanne) I *heart* that movie HAHA

chia said...

Sweet jeepers chica. That sounds awful :-).

Shoe Running said...

Oooo! Duct tape! That must mean it's a good workout :) Keep at it Carly!

Marci said...

"This workout made me realize my weaknesses....my entire body." ROFLMO! Too funny. Thanks for the review. I like the idea of an exercise video to break things up.

MizFit said...

ok YOU GOT YOUR HUSBAND TO DO IT?!

how did you manage that?! mine totally mocks and yet methinks it's outta fear.

entirely.

Jess said...

I've heard that she's an ass-kicker!

RunToFinish said...

I really love her workouts...but I think they maybe like a once a week thing for me because I like moving my arms.

Al's CL Reviews said...

OK, your description has me LOL and wincing in pain at things that I think would jiggle if I did this workout.

Cassandra said...

I'm curious about this workout, though it sounds like it's going to make my muscles bleed! Going to check it out! Thanks for sharing!

Mendy said...

Okay. I'm an idiot. I just asked in your post below to let me know how the video is... (obviously I didn't read this post first).

Glad to read the review. I'm going to pick one up.

BTW, I have that nasty c-section flap and hate it.

Janice {Run Far} said...

all right I am going into Lexington tomorrow for my daughters tooth, so I will check and see if Target has one. Thanks

Carolina John said...

haha, i knew that jillian michaels would kick you up and down. i'm actively afraid of her. half iron tri? no prob. but don't make me do 30 shred.

DeAnna said...

"Pain is fear leaving the body!" :) Ha! I know your pain as I've owned this one for awhile now. Level 2 and 3 are even harder if you can imagine, but it is an excellent workout and you'll definitely see results, especially in the strength area. I could do maybe 5 push ups when I started and at least 25 after the 30 days. Good luck!

Katie said...

Just found your blog, and I must say that yours is the second one I've seen today raving about that workout -- think I'll have to swing by Target and get my own! :-)

Diana said...

Carly,
I purchased the DVD from Amazon, it was only $9 and some change! Should be here on Tuesday-I asked for extra fast delivery to start my hate relationship with Jillian! I'll let you know how it goes-thanks!

Cyndi said...

I think I need to get the DVD - I have her book, and it's not very user friendly -by the time I read each description of the exercise and then flip back to the schedule...etc. It's supposed to be circuit training, but using the book is kind of interruptive to the circuit process...

I still felt it the next day though - I think the DVD will be better!

Heather said...

I'm glad it was good workout - I think I need to pick it up. I need to get my ass moving and this freaking artic freeze is not helping!

RooBabs said...

Great review- I've heard a lot of good things about this workout (how tough and effective it is). That's cool that each workout is only 20 minutes. That's about all I can handle of strength training or non-cardio stuff.

Good luck with your 2009 goals and with the new diet. I also have bad allergies, and am interested to hear how it goes.