Saturday, January 31, 2009

January Recap

January Recap:
  • I had a very successful month at Weight Watchers. This week's loss was 2.6 lbs and that brings the official total from starting the program to 7.4lbs down. (If I count the weight I gained, I have lost 12lbs since Christmas)
  • Completed a 7 day detox diet.
  • Started the 30 day Shred program
  • Cut back my sugar and caffeine habit to an occasional treat.
  • Lived without fast food or takeout for an entire month.
  • Replaced my chair with a stability ball at work.
February's goals:
  • Start Couch to 5k (for the 10000th time) with Sarge.
  • Do Shred as cross training only has a form of cross training, my knees do no like this workout every day.
  • Shoot for a 6 lb weight loss this month.
  • Continue living without fast food.
I am pretty happy with the way my year has started. I feel like I am finally to the point of being able to run and Sarge and I have decided that the Couch to 5K program will be the perfect workout to squeeze in during our lunch hour. Our ultimate goal is to get into the Garry Bjorklund half marathon in June. I hope we both get in!

The weather is messing with me. Today is BEAUTIFUL! The sun is shining and it is over 30 degrees. We are thawing out like crazy. Just seeing the sun automatically put me into spring cleaning mode. I have torn apart my house and I am doing a full purge. Sadly I know we have at least 2 more months of hard core winter. I know there will be a lot more cold days and snow a head but it is getting lighter out....Spring is coming!

30 comments:

run4mylife said...

Congrats on the loss! That is an awesome achievement since Christmas!! Keep it up!

I was wondering about your detox. I should probably search back in your posts... you probably tell if you did your own or a certain program. But, I am also going to just ask.. LOL So if you get a sec, maybe you can let me know. :)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

You are definately off to a good start. Here's to a fantastic February as well. :-)

run4mylife said...

ok.... I just answered my own questions by looking at your other posts. :)

Rock on to you and your hubby for sticking it out!

mberenis said...

Cool blog, I'm excited to see the game. Check out my blogs for cheap super bowl tickets and discount NFL merchandise.
|
|
|
|
V
*************************
-->CHEAP Super Bowl TICKETS<--
----DISCOUNT NFL Merchandise----
*************************

Jess said...

That's a great month! Good luck with the Feb goals!

Dawn said...

That is AMAZING!!! A lot of things to stick to, and you've done it. COngrats to you and the great weight loss.
I hear you about the knees w/Shred. I thought I was the only one who was cutting back a bit because of the knees.

Great job!

akshaye said...

Amazing.. way to go!

Heather said...

What a great month! The 30 day shred kills my knees too . . . they were starting to hurt while running, so I cut out anything that even remotely resembles a lunge. I do squats instead, and it seems to have helped.

WADDLER26.2 said...

Great month-keep it up!

Melanie said...

Excellent month! Here's to another! :D

Run Mommy said...

Looks like a great month! I was also wondering which detox you did. I think I will search back too..

D10 said...

Carly, again you are doing such an amazing job. You are really making such a life style change. Keep it up.

lindsay said...

congrats on great progress and loss in january! i need to steer myself away from the sugary sweetness too. more power to you!

Missy said...

Way to go, congrats on the loss! I bet $10 if you even did try to eat some junk, your guts would be so torn up that you wouldn't want it any longer. It's not worth it!

Cassandra said...

Congrats!! What a wonderful start to 2009!

RunningNan said...

What an awesome start! I'm training for a Half in May... I look forward to reading about yours!

C25K... We will always remember where we started!

Marcy said...

Great Jan Carly!!

LMAO isn't it funny that we get all excited over any temps over 30 :-X I was so happy when it hit 36 today HAHA

Krist Summer said...

congrats on the loss. great site! it is great to set goals.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Great job on the loss. I need to slow down my eating. But today is the Superbowl. LOL

Mendy said...

What awesome goals and accomplishments you've had! I am doing WW@work and ending near the first week. So far, so good.

Congrats! on your weightloss. You're doing terrific!

MCM Mama said...

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!

Kate said...

Your doing great! Keep up the great work!

It was sooo nice here yesterday! They said the high reached 40, and it felt like shorts weather! Too bad we're gonna be back in the teens by mid-week!

Cyndi said...

Great job on the huge loss for January! You have a good plan laid out ~ keep up the great focus!

I hear ya on the weather...here in OHio it was 43 degrees and I had my first outside run in who knows how long. It was truly awesome to nix some of my cabin fever!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Woohoo!

Blooming Orchid said...

Yay for you! You are cooking with gas, as my mother used to say! :o)

You've racked up quite a few accomplishments there, and it's only the 2nd of February. I'm impressed!

Keep up the great work and keep on running...

Steve Stenzel said...

Nice job in Jan!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

SuperDave said...

Looks like you have good plans and are sticking to them. Nothing like a good plan!
Congrats on the weightloss. I know how good it feels when I lose weight, so I know how good you are feeling right now.
So a friend gave me the 30 day shred videos. If I workout with them , does it make me gay? LOL!!!

BeachRunner said...

Bravissima, Carly. You are doing a great job! :)

TNTcoach Ken said...

Great way to start 2009!

RooBabs said...

Looks like January was a good month for you! I hope February is even better. Keep it up!!