Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rounding the Corner

It is day 4 and I am still going; we are half way through the program. Today is the first day that I don't feel "foggy". Actually, I feel pretty good. As I am knocking on wood, I am not experiencing the awful withdrawal headache today. So I think we are rounding the proverbial corner and the final 3 days should be a breeze. *crossing fingers*

I haven't been on the program long enough to combat the cravings though. Last night I was having a really hard time. I pushed my plate away because I could not choke down another bite of fish and veggies. The hot lemon water reminded me of stomach bile. I almost threw in the towel and went out to get take-out. Thankfully my husband was the voice of reason. He was holding strong and not having any issues. If I could convince him to do the program, I had to stay on it. I am glad I am doing it with other people or I would be chowing on pizza right now. My PSA for doing a detox would be to have a buddy. At least you won't be miserable alone!

It is another beautiful day in the neighborhood (smell the sarcasm?). It is only about -23 degrees. Tomorrow it is supposed to be colder. Boo! The silver lining is that I picked a good week to detox, it is too freeekin' cold to do anything else.

Tomorrow will be another sit in the sauna day. I can't wait. I may have to do that more often. My skin feels amazing. Great skin and crazy people to make fun of? Could life get better? Ha!

16 comments:

teacherwoman said...

This weather is freakin' rediculous.

Glad to hear you are pushing through on the detox... I would have been out the door for McD's by now. LOL.

BeachRunner said...

You are a champ with the detox. Rock on, Carly. Nice skin is a great bonus to the barf-o-rama diet-detox hell you are going through. Can I touch your baby soft tushie?

Marcy said...

-23?!? And I thought it was bad here with 9 degrees LOL Wow!

Look at you showin the detox who is boss ;-) Great job chica!

Diana said...

We had -4 here today, but tomorrow it's supposed to be even colder. This is definitely a hard winter. Reminds me of the winters during the '70's! Much more fun when you're a kid and you find out school is closed!
Congrats on hanging in there!

Mendy said...

I was doing a detox (21 days) started yesterday, and had to quit because I'm on meds for my cold/congestion. blah....

D10 said...

Keep working hard. You are doing a wonderful job!! Go Carly.

MCM Mama said...

Good job keeping up with the detox! I'd be totally eating out by now. And BRRR! I was whining because it'll be close to single digits here...

Heather said...

It's so good that your husband is doing the detox with you. That's definitely got to help you stay on track! Only three more days to go . . .

Confessions of a Wandering Soul said...

Excellent job!Love your tenacity and will power. All the best to you!

Jess said...

You're a tough one to stick out the detox! Congrats on the progress so far.

Bundle up and stay warm!

Run Mommy said...

Good job! I look forward to the final results!

Shosh said...

WOW you are so close to the end of this detox. Glad that your husband is doing this with you as I can imagine how hard that would be to go it alone.

Ummmm I did see that Minnesota was one of the coldest places in the country right now. It was 17 when I went to the gym this morning...and I saw people running outside!! Are they nuts????

Enjoy the sauna and please report back with any and all stories. Bundle up!!

Marlene said...

Way to hang in there! You're almost done.

I wonder if you'll get a half-naked yoga demonstration again?

Tammy said...

Woohoo! Almost there with the detox. No turning back now.

Al's CL Reviews said...

And I'm complaining it is 30 degrees. Not -30!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Where I use to live always reached -20 at least once during the winter. OUr high in two months would be -1. Ky, is so much better. Although I am freaking out cause we are 10 today.

I am thinking about sneaking into your sauna so you wont have Yoga withdrawls. ;)