Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF

BLOOMINGTON SCHOOL DIST 271Message sent - 1/15/2009School Closing - 1/16/09

Hello, this is Rick Kaufman, Bloomington Public Schools’ Emergency Management Coordinator with a message for all Bloomington parents and school district staff. Bloomington Public Schools will be closed on Friday, January 16 for all students. Staff is expected to report to work at their normal time. Today, a number of our school buses broke down as a result of the use of state-required bio-diesel fuel that clogged some of our fleet’s fuel systems. This led to students having to wait at bus stops in dangerous weather conditions. We have attempted to resolve the fuel issues with our buses. However, with extreme cold temperatures and dangerous wind chills predicted again for Friday morning, we could not ensure that our buses would not encounter the same issues. The safety of our students remains one of our top priorities, and while closing schools disrupts work schedules and causes inconveniences for parents, we wanted you to know early enough to plan accordingly. Thank you.


This is the email I received last night. It is too freaking cold that the gas was freezing up on the buses causing them to breakdown. Would you southern folks start helping me scope out a nice warm place to relocate?! While I am grateful I don't have to drag 3 kiddos out into the arctic today, I have to now find something to do for the stir crazy brood. I am rethinking my no alcohol policy. Woo Hoo, bring on the duct tape!

Detox is still going OK. I kind of over did it on the almonds for the last two days and I can no longer stomach ass smelling vegetable broth or bile like hot lemon water. I had a major freak out last night when I came home to find my house smelling like fish. That immediately sent me into dry heaves. I was going to give up today, but decided to keep plugging along after getting more encouragement from my friend. Dammit...I called her specifically because I knew she would give me a justification why I should cut this short. She did not. She reminded me that I only have 2 days left. I can do it.

Despite my bitching, my efforts are showing up on the scale. I finally was able to get back to my WeWa meeting last night. Down a pound. That is down from my last weigh in at the center (3 weeks ago), realistically I am down about 7lbs. I shamefully put on some serious weight in a matter of only a couple of week.

Since I am being held hostage in my house today, I am going to do Shred, clean this hell hole, and finally catch up on blog reading. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

29 comments:

Shosh said...

You're so lucky that you don't have to go outside today. It was 8 degrees when I got on the train this morning, I would have rather have worked at home :-)

You are so close to the end of this detox so just stick it out. The end is in sight.

CONGRATS on the WeWa loss!! That's great. You're getting the scale to move in the right direction. Keep it up.

Enjoy your day of QT with the kiddos.

Melanie said...

great job sticking with it, and the loss! Yay! Have a great weekend despite the cold temps!

Janice {Run Far} said...

I wish I could tell you Ky was a warm place in the country right now. We actually saw the negatives last night. And right now at 10:30 it is only 6. I know you have it worse, but UGH UGH UGH.
Great jon ob the pounds lost.

Heather said...

Only two days left - sounds like it's been worth it! Hope you have a great weekend (here's to hoping it warms up tomorrow and Sunday like they say it will!).

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Sounds like a good day to stay inside and stay warm!!

Yay for down a pound too.

D10 said...

Stay warm!!! Hang in there with the detox. You are staying strong girl.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Too funny! Sounds like the weekend is starting on a fun note!

Carolina John said...

Come on down south. Raleigh north carolina would love to have you. I bet you would also like Greensboro NC as well. And don't rule out virginia.

South Carolina sucks. don't come here. we're trying to escape back to north carolina now. But at least we are reaching a high of 31 degrees today.

RunToFinish said...

Ok I have to go back and read everything involved in the cleanse, but all I can say is wow seriously amazed by anyone with that kind of will power.

Missy said...

Relocating South...YES! BUTTT, if there's even a hint or suggestion of snow, a flurry even, the schools are closed. No joke! It was too cold for school here today in TN too at ~7degrees at 6am. This is not normal but 'these people' freak OUT. Congrats on the loss, always good.

tfh said...

7 lbs, wow! Way to hang in there!

MCM Mama said...

Good for you for sticking with it.

I'd lose my mind if I was stuck inside for more than a day with my kids. When Jones was little, we got a huge snowstorm and our street was the last street in the county to get plowed (3! days after the storm). On day 2, Beer Geek started shoveling the street because the kid was driving us crazy LOL.

AKA Alice said...

Wow. You are being a stud-ette...detoxing. freezing cold. kids indoors all day. no alcohol. I bow to you in awe and admiration...

((genuflect))

((genuflect))

((genuflect))

Seriously. Hang in there. You'll be sooooooo happy that you did (in two days.)

Running Around Acres said...

central Illinois and -11 this morning on way to work. Unfortunately my tread is in garage and doesn't like to work at 10 above or lower. Good luck with th brood.

BeachRunner said...

Hang tough and stay warm.

Run Mommy said...

Sounds like a good day for a PJ Day!

Jess said...

I heard that schools across the Midwest were getting cancelled today so you're probably not the only one stuck inside today.

Congrats on sticking ot the detox. You're close to the end now!

Marlene said...

Too cold for the buses to run?! Oh man! Hope you kept the kids entertained today. And awesome job sticking with the detox! Almost there.

J~Mom said...

Ugh, I guess you don't want to hear about my weather do you? Stay warm!!

teacherwoman said...

That is CRAZY! Glad to hear they made the call. Yesterday when it was -50 below in the morning, a few of us teachers were worried about the safety of our students. Probably 90% of our kids ride the bus and if any of them were to be out there stranded, that would be horrible.!

X-Country2 said...

You're totally in the home stretch! I'd love to hear how it all went when you finally make it out the other side.

Stay warm!

mommie2lea said...

You are rocking the detox and are in the home stretch! And you inspired me to begin my 30 Day Shred sessions with Jillian again. Congrats on the WeWa weigh in.

Girl on Top said...

I live in North Georgia & a school in the area closed b/c of the cold. WTF? I really don't want to move to Florida, but I can't stand any cold at all!

SuperDave said...

Girl you are the bomb!! I would've ended like 4 days ago... haha
I think I can, I think I can...

Catholic Runner said...

Look at you go! Only 2 more days! You've inspired me to clean up my diet.

RBR said...

Oh my God! How freaking cold does it have to be to freeze gas?!

I am so sorry. I am also so sorry if you have ever read my blog and heard me bitching about 40 degree weather. You all probably break out the bikinis in 40 degree weather.

AWESOME job on WW!

Marcy said...

Did you kill the kids, Carly? LOL I hate when they don't have school HAHA!

Jennifer :-) said...

Wow, gotta love bio-diesel! Ran across your blog from MCM Mama - laughed my ass off! :-) Hope you didn't kill your kids Friday! :-)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the pound!