Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday's Detox Craziness

Dear Sauna Yoga Do-er,
Thank you so much for your show today in the sauna. We really appreciated the full moon view of your ass whilst in downward dog. Also, I admire your will to do Yoga poses laying down on the floor of the sauna. Me, I won't step in one without flip-flips and I am grossed out by what is on the floor. But you....you go all out. I
deeply apologize for stifling laughter as you jumped from pose to pose, I am immature like that. Then again, it is not every day that you see a mostly naked woman doing yoga in sauna.
Namaste,
Carly

*sigh*

Sarge and I decided to shake things up a bit on our lunch routine. Since we are detoxing and neither one of us have much for energy, we thought we would take advantage of the Rec Center's sauna. It was so relaxing and was a great treat for this -20 something below zero day. A treat until Little Miss Yoga came in to practice.Righhhhhttt . We stayed in for about 30 minutes (I couldn't handle seeing the the ass in the air one more time). It was a nice break and my skin looks fabulous if I do say so myself.

Day 2 and most of day 3 is going well on the detox. I haven't caved yet which absolutely shocks me. I still have my withdrawl headache and brain fog going on today. I can't seem to pull my head out of my ass. I am beginning to think this hooey is working because I walked by the vending machine and I didn't even whimper over not being allowed to have chocolate. Although, I did see a guy in my office with a big Chipotle burrito....I was playing in my mind how I could steal it from him. I didn't, I just enjoyed some steamed brown rice with spinach and pretended it was a burrito.

I skipped the Jillian workout yesterday and I am not sure what today holds. I am really weak and lightheaded so I may just play a littleWii Fit with the kiddos when I get home. I haven't had a good insult in a few days! Bring it Wii...

24 comments:

Dawn said...

LMAO! That's hilarious!

Marlene said...

BAHAHAHA! No way!

BeachRunner said...

ROFL. That is hysterical. You are good if you can stifle laughter while watching that horror show.

Diane said...

Oh man, that made me snort!

I've been lurking for a while (I know, I hate it when people lurk, too... go figure!) but today I had to comment. I'm with you on the flip flops... no way I'd put my bare ANYTHING on the sauna floor! Ick!

audgepodge said...

This is so funny! I almost busted out loud laughing during a meeting reading this. :D

tfh said...

I LOVE the sauna but I won't even sit down on the bench without a towel-- the hot dry air just screams "Staph breeding ground" to me.

TinaGirl said...

EEEK!!! I think that was the same naked lady who was doing yoga in OUR sauna while we were on a girls get away in Napa last year. Scary for sure!

I love chipotle... I'm not sure if I have the willpower to detox. Nix that... I don't want the willpower to detox so more power to you!

Janice {Run Far} said...

ROFL~ the nerve of some people. And that is really nasty, laying on the floor of the Sauna room. ick.....

Stacey said...

That is too funny! I can't even imagine.....the floor is a breeding ground. Thanks for the laugh!

Jess said...

That's pretty funny. I've seen a lot of half-naked beach goers doing yoga at the beach, but never a fully nude sauna-yogi!

Johnny Vu said...

The whole time reading it I was thinking of the Buswieser commercial... "Today we salute you Sauna Yoga Do-er"... Funny shit I tell ya...

aron said...

WHO DOES THAT?!? lol... i dont think i would have made it 30 min :)

Melanie said...

ahhhh! The visual! Too funny. The letter was hysterical.

Melanie said...

oh, i just bought the 30 day shred last night, tried it this am for the first time. i like it.

Heather said...

Stifle laughter or keep yourself from puking??? You are a better person than I. That is too gross (and funny).

teacherwoman said...

OMG. The lady in the Sauna sounds rediculous. I have a hard enough time sitting in there and relaxing when a lady is sitting buck naked next to me... geez...

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

LOL at Sauna Yoga lady!

run4mylife said...

wowzah! Suana yoga!?!?! LMAO!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Thank you for the great laugh!

Running Around Acres said...

funny stuff. gotta be true you can't that stuff up. Good job on the detox. did it once and felt like crap for a week after the fact.

WADDLER26.2 said...

OMG--Too funny!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, was that Moon over the 1,000 lakes? Too funny.

Shosh said...

WTF is up with naked people in the locker room and sauna?? You are freaking hilarious and you seriously get to see every funny thing ever.

Good for you on being able to actually control your laughter...I would not have been able to at all.

Don't push yourself for the workout if you're light headed and foggy. We don't want you hurt. :-)

Julianne said...

Seriously, it's people like that makes the rest of weary of poor hygene in public places!! I totally wear flip flops and use towels in saunas. Especially flip flops!

The detox sounds like it's going great. Can't wait to hear rest of the results!

OH, how do you like the Jillian workout? Thinking about getting one of her workout dvds!