Saturday, February 28, 2009

Do I Hear Angels Singing?????


My Garmin functioned properly *gasp*!
AND.....
It uploaded to Gamin Connect without a problem.



I of course blame the gadget for the problems I was having. It certainly would not be me not being patient enough to work the stupid thing.

For those of you wondering about Garmin Connect it is a website that houses all of your workout information. It creates reports and "stuff" and you can share it with their online community (I haven't really looked through it very well). My watch came with the do-hickey shown here, it is a wireless thingy that pops into your USB port and it receives the data off of the Garmin. Sorry, I truly am a technotard and do not know the names of these things. This then loads the information into either Training Center or Garmin Connect (now I have both).

I am giddy because it worked properly. I hope to repeat the results tomorrow.

Here are the digits from today's C25K workout.
Total Time: 00:32:59
Distance: 2.54 mi
Calories: 353

This is only the 2nd one this week. Our Thursday run was interrupted by a Big 10 sub sandwich and a snowstorm (we got about 9"). I will be repeating the 3 and 5 minute intervals tomorrow.

On top of the run/walk I had a date with Jillian today. Finally, after much procrastination I can finally check off the workouts for today and get in the shower.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

20 comments:

Don said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SuperDave said...

Good job on the running Carly.

Melanie said...

great job on the run and syncing the data!

Chubby Hubby said...

Now stop bugging me bout the thing not working.

Cyndi said...

Hey, nice stats there Carly! I have a love-hate relationship with my Garmin. I have never gotten Garmin Connect to work...I have email instructions from Garmin but no patience! I just upload to the Training Center and then transfer the stats to LogYourRun.

Which model do you have? My footpod always fails me...I have the Garmin 50. The lowest end model of course so you get what you pay for I guess!

teacherwoman said...

Nice work with the run!

Janice {Run Far} said...

way to run girly.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

good job on the run. and glad the garmin worked for you!

Diana said...

Nice run-touch pounding on the snow storm-if we would have had snow instead of the rain we got they say it would have been 10+ inches too! Good to be on the warm side of this one for sure!

X-Country2 said...

Good job on the run and GREAT job on figuring out the Garmin. That's one of the reason I don't own one. I know I'm not smart enough to use if properly. :o)

Missy said...

Thanks for the sisterhood in our Garmintardism....it's a new disorder!!! I hate it. Glad yours isn't 'broken' any longer. Not so sure about mine;)

Great job on getting it done and having angels fly out the Garmin!

Marcy said...

OK I will have to look into this Garmin Connect thingy! I had no idea! ROFLMAO!

Marci said...

Do you have a 405 Garmin? Great job with the run and figuring out the Garmechology!

MizFit said...

man you are doing SO WELL!

and wouldnt your head fall off if some day you did really have a date with the J.
if she showed up at your door ready to SHRED :)

D10 said...

You are still holding strong Carly. Keep up the good work.

Carolina John said...

Cool! glad you got it worked out.

aron said...

YAY for garmin working and YAY for your run!!!

MCM Mama said...

Great job! I've totally given up on uploading garmin stuff. My computer just is not garmin friendly.

Marlene said...

Yahoo for Garmin working again! Nice work on the C25K.

lindsay said...

i am feeling more and more out of touch with technology and i'm still in my 20s! hope you had a good weekend and got all your workouts in. i know you think i'm crazy but i'm jealous of your 9" of snow!! :)