Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Nerve!

As the world knows by now, I have started "running" again (can I officially call C25K running? Well, I am.) My running gear seems to be in some sort of shock that it is being put to use this week. For instance when I tried strapping on my running kicks, I found all sorts of goodies stuffed in the shoes such as my lipgloss, travel deodorant, and chapstick. It was like my shoes purposely stole the stuff and when I missed it bad enough I would check the shoes. Nope. I am just finding it now after several months. Then, both my Garmin and iPod decided that since I haven't been needing them, they banded together and decided they were on strike as well. Both dead.

Because I felt like running with some tunes, I decided to take Chubby Hubby's iPod. He has all sorts of songs and podcasts on his. Since I wasn't in the mood for any political crap he had saved, I turned it to a random mix of his song library. Lets just say it is time for an iPod makeover. There were a few songs that took me back to my marathon training time of the summer of 2006, there was some craptastic country tunes (WTF?), and worst of all kid tunes. I was running along when I picked up the pace and started belting out Laurie Berkner. When I realized what I was doing....the song was just about over. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. Especially since 2 out of my 3 kidlets prefer classic rock or metal.

If you ever want a run to go quick, take someone else's iPod. It will make you say WTF.


One week down of C25k and 7 to go! I am off to try a hell session with our favorite bad ass trainer, Jillian.

23 comments:

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

yes, c25k counds as running! good job. :-0

Melanie said...

LOL at the tunes... great job on the running, and yes, i agree, it counts as running for sure :)

Jess said...

That's funny! My husband and I run to very different tunes as well. For instance, I could never listen to the entirety of Journey's greatest hits while I run. He can!

teacherwoman said...

LOL. That is too funny.

Marlene said...

Great job keeping up with the running, even though all of your gadgets and your hubby's music selections seem to be working against you.

mommie2lea said...

Of COURSE C25K counts as running... and congrats on finishing your first week, bruises and all.

MCM Mama said...

Good job on the C25k. LOL at the music. I'd be fine if I were to borrow my husband's ipod, but he'd be hating mine (if I used one). I'm sure mine would include some ABBA and Ace of Base, which would be absolute torture for him LOL.

Kat said...

lol...yeh, gotta have you're own tunes on a run...lol. I'm back running again (doing the C25K) after a long period of no running and bad eating. I'm starting week 3on Monday. :o)

Missy said...

That's great, would have stopped me dead in my tracks doubled over laughing, hahaha!

Run Mommy said...

LOL>>>LOL... That really made me giggle. :)

BeachRunner said...

Looking at someone's ipod music is kinda like sneaking a peek in their underwear drawer. You never know what you will find and some of it can be horrifying and embarrassing too.

RunningNan said...

I'm lucky enough that when I finally get an ipod for B, we will share the account! although his daughter put some stuff on that is not my taste!

AKA Alice said...

I accidentally grabbed my husband's iPod one morning...when Mojo Nixon came blaring back at me, I did think WTF?

C25K is most definitely running! (PS...gonna get the torture sock today. Thanks for the PF advice!)

lindsay said...

c25k is definitely running!!! too funny about hubs' ipod selections... might need to have a chat ;-)

X-Country2 said...

Barbi Girl?! Awesome.
My husbands iPod is filled to the brim with hairbands. WTF indeed.

akshaye said...

Haha.. that's funny!

Amanda said...

Ha, Barbie Girl on the hubby's Ipod, love it!

Kate said...

Way to go on completing the first week of C25K!

RBR said...

OMG! Barbi Girl on your hubby's iPod actually made me snort! Hilarious!

Glad your wrist is better!

And yes, C25K IS definitely running! You go girl!

Vee said...

We don't have I-Pods. But I admire you - just for the running. I'm not there yet, but love reading your blog.

Running. Hm... soon. Probably!

Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

C25K is DEFINITELY running!

Funny funny iPod story!

Heather said...

Too funny. I traded iPods with a girlfriend during a race once and it was good . . . but my husband? Never. Way too much country.

RooBabs said...

Oh my gosh, I am cracking up that your husband has Barbie Girl on his iPod!! I love that song and used to run to it all the time back in the day. I'm gonna have to dig it up on iTunes.

I know what you mean about different tastes, though. My sister-in-law put a bunch of stuff on my iPod from hers (workout playlists and stuff) and a lot of it was crappy gangsta hip-hop stuff that I don't understand how anyone can even listen to, let alone be motivated to workout to it, ha ha!