Friday, February 13, 2009

Photo Friday and End of the Week Tidbits


Happy Valentine's Day
This photo shows how spoiled my kids are by my parents.
*I will not touch the candy*
*I will not touch the candy*
*I will not touch the candy*

I can't believe another week is coming to an end. It has been a crazy week in our house. My retail gig scheduled me 35 hours on top of my regular job and on top of normal parenting duties. I am exhausted. While I still enjoy it, I wrote them a note changing my availability so that this kind of week doesn't happen again.

I didn't let being overworked give me an excuse to opt out of my workouts. Yesterday was Wk 2, Day 2 of C25k. Sarge and I ran over lunch. I was super windy and when we hit the bridges it was like running into a force field. She is the stop watch lady and the pace setter. I think she picked up the pace quite a bit because after the 90 seconds of running I was dry heaving and gasping for air breathing hard.

Wednesday, I pulled out the She Devil DVD and lived through the agonizing 20 minute workout. If you don't do it for a few days, you really go back to starting from ground zero. The Shred DVD is going to be done every other for me. Chubby Hubby is still doing it every day and has lost a bunch of weight. His jeans are literally falling off of him.

I was rewarded at the scale last night at my weigh-in. *Drum roll* Down -2 lbs! I was very excited that I lost the gain from last week and a little extra. I hope to have another good week.

Valentine's Day, who is celebrating? We don't really celebrate in our house because I am still holding a grudge over something that happened while Chubby Hubby and I were dating. We broke up on Valentine's Day 1994. Shhhhhh, don't tell him I am over it, I am just too cheap to buy the crap. Ha!

Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the loss! and great job getting your run in despite being so darn busy!

DeAnna said...

I'm sure your hubby isn't too upset about not having to celebrate Valentine's Day, he is a man after all. We don't celebrate it either. If you love someone you shouldn't need a holiday to to tell them! Nice job on the workouts, when they are hard it sometimes feels like you've accomplished more.

tfh said...

That's a LOT of candy. Eek...good luck with that!

The wind definitely adds an extra challenge to runs-- nice job w/ your workouts and 2 lbs lost!

Diana said...

Congrats on such a nice week! Valentines day is hard for me with the candy-my dad always bought bags and bags and bags of those hard heart candies with the sayings on, he passed on his candy ways for sure!
Have a great weekend!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

we don't really celebrate v'day either.

Tammy said...

Great job on getting your workouts in during such a hectic week!

Yeah, the kids and I will probably order a pizza or two tomorrow night and they'll expect me to spend a ton of money on a "Valentine's Day gift", aka another holiday wherein mom gives us something for nothing.

Maybe I'll get some flowers from a secret admirer... eh, maybe not.

VeeGettingHealthy said...

I'm not at a point yet to give up candy, but we've never bought that for Tween. I stash dark-chocolate for me and sometimes Tween gets some, but for the most part, Hubby hides for me and doles out per my request. So that picture you posted ---- eeeek!

Good job for you.

Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Shouldn't working two full-time jobs count as cross-training? I know when I was working a second job as a dancer at a tranny bar, someone told me it counted as cross-training.

O, no, wait. It counted as cross-dressing. My bad. I always get those two mixed up. No wonder I'm so out of shape and get so few dollar bills stuck in my g-string. Fat and in drag is no way to go through life.

Congrats on the weight loss!

D10 said...

Awesome job on the weight loss. I am not one to really celebrate V-Day either. I don't really get it.

Missy said...

Let's hear it for the loss, woohoo! Wow, a regular job, plus 35 hours, plus the fam, ouch. That's tough. NOOO candy!

MCM Mama said...

Good job on the weight loss! I don't know how you managed to work that many hours last week and maintained your sanity! I will say that the one time I worked FT and then a PT retail job was one of the few times in my life I've lost weight without trying.

Have a nice weekend (we won't be doing V Day here either).

Heather said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I think every other day is about as much Jillian as anyone should take.

Marcy said...

I'm going to do She Devil Shred tonight. Wish me luck :-X I have a feeling I'm going to be hurting :-/

CONGRATS on the weight loss chica!! WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!

Yeah I've got nothing for V-Day. I just don't care :-X But of course I still expect Mr McG to buy me a diamond tiara or something. Dayum I didn't birth these kids for nothing :P

Laura N said...

Carly you rock! You are doing great.

We don't do V-day either. Made up holidays are stupid.

Is your hubby doing any workouts other than the Shred? My DH needs a workout & if I can tell him another hubby is losing weight with Jillian, then maybe he'll try it.

Oh, and Chubby Hubby is my favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream (s/b called Chubby Wife in my house). That, and Phish food. I guess it's a toss up.

Frayed Laces said...

*I would so touch the candy.*

Marlene said...

Holy, that is a lot of hours. Way to keep up with the workouts. Congrats on the nice 2 lb loss!

RBR said...

Beast! Working like a crazed fool AND getting your workouts in!

Congrats on the loss (by the way I found them if you want the 2 pounds back) and I hope you have a great weekend!

Marci said...

Hope you don't work too much, have a great weekend!

lindsay said...

mmm candy. there would not be enough left for a photo if that was at my house! nice job on getting in all your workouts and another -loss- week! v-day is just kind of dumb to me, i'd like to think we celebrate and show our love and affection everyday. i've 'celebrated' it before but this year we are going low key. so funny about your 'grudge'! :)

mommie2lea said...

Congratulations on the great loss! And on your C25K progress. :-)

RooBabs said...

Holy crap, that's a lot of candy!! And the good stuff, too (mmmm, Twix). You are a stronger woman than I for avoiding it.

Good for you for not letting your workouts slip. That would be a perfect excuse for me, but as mentioned above, you're a much stronger woman.

Congrats on your weigh-in!! But doesn't it suck that guys seem to lose weight so much easier? Ugh! My husband gains an extra 5 pounds, and all he does is stop eating ice cream for a week and it's gone. Grrr!

And that's funny about the Valentine's break-up. I broke up with one of my college boyfriends on our 8-month anniversary (I'm so heartless).