Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pre-run Fuel

I now hold the world record for fastest time consuming a candy bar. The chocolate shown above inhaled as I was leaving my desk to go for a run. I was a mood. A really REALLY bad one. It so happened that a coworker of mine had a box of candy bars on her desk for a fundraiser. I had the calling.....I needed to do my part to help her child. Guilt-free chocolate as far as I am concerned.

I have to say:
Chocolate + Run = Happy Carly

Now, I can go about my day with out ripping someones head off.

Sarge and I completed Wk 2, day one of the Couch to 5K program. We did 30 minutes rather than the recommended 20. The running portion jumped up from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. Not a ton of time, but enough to make us pant. It was a great run and although there was a cold rain, the warmer weather makes it easy to go out.

I kind of dropped the ball the last few nights. I got off of work rather late and came home and had a 2nd dinner. I did not have the points for it and I WAY over did it. I realized I ate dinner at 4PM and then was starving at midnight. Next time, I will pack a snack to have on a break rather than not eating and scarfing food down when I get home. I am crossing my fingers that these small slips won't affect the scale too much on Thursday as I am hoping for another drop.

33 comments:

Melanie said...

glad the chocolate and the run helped, and saved someone's head :D You're doing so great with the running!

BeachRunner said...

CYA week 2. Hello week 3.

Rock on!

Kate said...

Sending skinny vibes your way! Good luck with weigh in!

Sarah said...

Chocolate for charity is TOTALLY calorie free!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

That chocolate looks really good. I wouldn't have been able to resist it either. Great job with the couch to 5K.

Tammy said...

Mmmmm... chocolate...

Great job on the workouts! It's tough when you work late and come home famished. I struggle with that as well.

Amanda said...

Chocolate is great pre-run fuel in my opinion!

tfh said...

With some moods, chocolate is medicine. Great job finishing week 2 and good luck getting back on track w/ snacks-- if I skip my afternoon snack I consume about 3x as much food in the evening.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Every meal is a new meal. Whatever is done is done. Just do the snack thing moving forward. :-)

RooBabs said...

Hey, if it's the "World's Finest", it's acceptable, right? Especially for a fundraiser.

As far as your 2nd dinner, you quickly realized that there was a problem to overcome and you figured something out. I think you're right on track. Great job!

Run Mommy said...

I just polished off M&M's I purchased for my daughter because she was upset about a needle..she didn't want them and wanted a bowl of blueberries instead...(tear) :) Whatever works!

Sarah said...

When I worked I was such a sucker about buying fundraiser candy. Once time I was pregnant and someone was selling chocolate bars...not a good combination. :)

Marlene said...

The same thing happens to me if I eat dinner too early... I am starving later in the evening!

Congrats on your progress so far with C25K. Keep it up!

Jess said...

All PowerBars are are expensive candy bars, so just think of it like a PowerBar.

teacherwoman said...

I remember selling those chocolates for band. LOL. At least you ran!

lindsay said...

mmm chocolate! best fuel ever :) even though it's not m&m's, those world's finest bars are still pretty darn good.

Marcy said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with helping out a child LOL. In fact if someone would send over their Girl Scout. I would gladly support their whole troop for a year HA!

Missy said...

Dumb ass fundraiser, go to hell all you hockey teams that are making us eat your chocolate! Good luck at weigh in!

MCM Mama said...

Yum on the chocolate! Hope the weigh in goes well.

Marci said...

A little chocolate can go a long way!

D10 said...

Chocoalte always makes me feel better. I just love it.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Chocolate + Run = a happy Janice too.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Kevin+Woman+chocolate=confused

Running Around Acres said...

chocolate is always gooood.

X-Country2 said...

Chocolate is just necessary some days. For everyone's sake. :o)

Frayed Laces said...

Haha love the idea of guilt free chocolate!

RunningNan said...

I have a matching bar in my fridge. Thank god I don't crave chocolate like that.

If I am correct, there should also be a coupon on the back for a pizza. They really know how to sucker someone!

unathleticrunner said...

I just ate a whole bag chocolate dipped pretzels! Fuel for the 1/2 marathon this weekend!

akshaye said...

Chocolates always good.. Staying up late always makes it harder.

Miz said...

why did I read that as a challenge.

I can beat your time and have enough of those 'for charity' bars up in herre to do it :)

read
set
GO!

AKA Alice said...

It couldn't have been consumed that quickly...you did take the time to photograph it!

You're doing awesome on the C25K!

Mark said...

Nice to see the runs are still going! Challenges and slips come each day...no biggie! Keep going strong!

Megsie said...

Hi Carly~ I found you! I am putting you on my Blog bookmarks. I had so much fun last night!