Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Soreness and an Interview

I am in PAIN today. I really messed myself up yesterday. I know my wrist is not broken, it still hurts but at least I can type. My knee is size of a grapefruit and my hip is going to be one of those bruises that turns all kinds of fun colors. For now, I have been popping some Advil and icing a bit. I should be back to normal in few days when the scrapes and bruises heal.

While the pain is causing me to not be on my hands and knees scrubbing my floor today, it is not stopping me from running tomorrow. I have my bag packed and I am ready for day 2 of C25K. Word on the street is that it is supposed to be warmer out. Woo Hoo!

I am going to set up Google Reader and figure that out. Hopefully that will help me keep up with all of your great blogs. (Am I the only person not using this?)

Here is my interview that Teacherwoman sent to me:

1. If you could choose to travel anywhere in the U.S., where would you go and why?

Ohhh there is so many places to choose from, so I will narrow it down to two places.

My first pick, New York City. I went one time and LOVED it. We didn't really do anything touristy, but we walked around a lot. I love the history and I loved how busy it was.


Next, Hawaii. I have never been, but heard it is beautiful..



2. What do you look forward to most in 2009?
Becoming a runner again and signing up for some races.

3. What is one of you favorite pass times, away from working out?

Photography. I love taking photos and every chance I get I am either taking a class or reading up on how to do something new.

4. If you were given a million dollars and not allowed to use it on yourself or your family, what would you do with it?
It would be cool to split it up a bit and give it to a few families that lost everything through no fault of their own.

5. What is one of your biggest fears?
Failure.

Do you want to play along? Here are the rules:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Have fun!

11 comments:

aron said...

ouch!!!! i hope you feel better soon :(

google reader is the best!

i have never been to NYC but its at the top of my list. Maui is my fav place ever :)

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I hope you get to feeling better. Your attitude is great. Get right back up on that horse.

I would never live in NYC. I live in a suburb of DC and thats big city enough for me. Give me MILES between houses.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

get well soon.

if your knee is swollen, you really aren't doing yourself any favors by runnign on it. Hopefully it will be okay by tomorrow though

MCM Mama said...

Hope you heal quickly!

I love google reader. I'd never keep up otherwise!

Marlene said...

Great answers. I also <3 NY.

Hope you heal quick; keep icing!

Melanie said...

Glad it's not broken... keep icing and feel better soon! Great interview, never been to NY or Hawaii... would love to do both!

BeachRunner said...

GO NYC!! Woot woot!

Give me a shout next time you are in the big town and maybe you can get a Beach-tastic NYC tour.

I hope you feel better.

Amanda said...

OWW, hope you're feeling better soon. Hawaii is definitely on my top list too! And yes, google reader rocks. It makes it so much easier.

Run Mommy said...

I have been to NYC and really loved it..next Hawaii! Good choices.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I have been popping some Advil and icing

Not sure how popping icing will help, sister, but it sure can't hurt and it's definitely the best part of the cake, so ROCK ON!1!! But how do you dispose of all those icing-less cake rinds?

I'd love to see Hawaii, too. The prospect of being on a plane for 11+ hours, though, makes it unlikely I ever will. When are we ever gonna get that Star Trek beaming technology we were promised ... by Star Trek?

Hope you feel better.

lindsay said...

your fall sure sounds intense. i hope the soreness is wearing off. i just got into google reader a couple months ago and i am so addicted now.