Thursday, February 26, 2009

Storm of the Season

Here it comes....more snow. The weather peeps are saying this could be the biggest one of the season. They are predicting anywhere between 1-12" of snow. That is quite the range. I really wish I could have a job as a weather forecaster to have a margin of error that big. Anyone want to guess how much we are really gonna get? My guess is just enough to make my 5 mile commute a 2 hour drive.


I have no worries if we really do get snowed in, I have all the emergency necessities...lots of wine, chips, and the internet.

I *know* we are getting something because I have a headache and my wrists are achy. I feel like an old lady. Does anyone else have super powers like mine where you can predict the weather by your aches and pains?

My morning got off to a rough start. I oversleptwas lazy and didn't want to get up which resulted in me being late for work. When I finally was in transit, I went to park in the ramp attached to our building and they would not let me in because they were accepting reservations only (WTF? Don't they know who I am???!!!). I had to go to a parking lot much farther away and walk it in. I then saw a glimmer of hope....a shuttle bus! I hopped on and took it into campus. The bus driver whizzed past my stop and took me about a half mile out of my way. Hmmmmmfp (not what I really said). I sucked it up and huffed it in looking like a sherpa with all of my bags. THEN I realized that I forgot my work ID which also contains my log in information. Lord help me. I should have stayed in bed today. I just hope the storm of the century holds off so I can do my lunch time run.

I will update later with my run info. I am sure it will be something like this.
WK4, Day 2 C25K. 30 minutes (give or take). I am also sure I will bitch mention something about the 5 minutes being hard. We will see.....maybe I will have a fun story to share.

25 comments:

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about your day getting off to a rocky start. It can only get better from here, right?

Good luck with the run. Show that 5 minutes who's boss!

Jessica @ Pudget: Losing Weight On A Budget said...

Sounds like you had a rough morning. I hope the rest of your day is better then the morning.

raulgonemobile said...

Some days my wife says I should just stay home.. Usually on those days, she's right.. they start out like yours did and head steadily downward.

Hope yours picks up, though!

tfh said...

Ick! Well...uhhh...thank you for making my morning seem less crappy in comparison :(.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

You know, everyone BLOGS about the weather, but nobody ever does anything about it. Why is that?

Teh 'Bride gets weather-related headaches. Everyone at her library does. Their periods aren't in sync (as far as I know) but their weatherheads are. Weirdos.

I agree - weathermen have a sweet deal: "It may snow today! It may not! Join me at 5PM when I toss the Channel 5 WeatherCoin(tm) LIVE to determine which it'll be."

Good luck getting that run in.

Missy said...

My ankle and headache tell me that the atmospheric pressure are up. Yep, we're old;)

Hope you get that run in. Dodge the weather.

BeachRunner said...

I dont really have any great weather related powers. I just get really cranky in the winter.

Grab some chips, go home, drive safe and beat the traffic, and be sure to keep monitoring the weather dorks with their continuous and super-terrifying storm of the season alerts.

Sarah said...

I love that chips and wine are your snow day necessities! Sounds like you definitely have you priorities straight to me. :) Hope you don't get too much snow!

D10 said...

1" to 12", that is a big range. Hopefully, you wont get too much.

Megsie said...

Hi Carly~
Your morning sucked before 8:30! And to think I only had to deal with a 7 year old from hell... She LEFT by 8:40 though, I love the bus!

Melanie said...

sorry it started out as a crappy day. hope the snow holds out to do your run... and that the weather people are wrong :)

Tammy said...

Awww, sorry your day got off to such a rough start. My day started pretty crappy, too.

Luckily for me, reading about your day made mine seem much better.

X-Country2 said...

Hopefully you day get a little better. Stay safe and warm!

RunningNan said...

i'm looking forward to your story!

It's 55 here, but I'm stuck inside. Enjoy a run for me!

Sara said...

whenever it snows, I stay in. Hope your day gets better!

Conny said...

Jason DeRusha, on his WCCO blog, is calling it "Snowmageddon!" That cracked me up. Maybe you can stay home tomorrow?

lindsay said...

humorous post, although sorry that nothing seemed to be going right for you! i kind of hope you get snowed in so you can just chill and relax with your wine and internet ;)

Kate said...

if MN is anything like MI, they predict 12, and we get rain. I'll keep my fingers cross that you only get a bit of the white nasty stuff!

teacherwoman said...

That crap came through Fargo and left some nastiness. I am so sick of this white stuff.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Enough already with the snow! Time for spring!!

Running Around Acres said...

What a bitch of a day. You should have stayed in bed. But hindsight isn't a great thing.

MCM Mama said...

Oy, what a morning! Hope the run happened and was a good one.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Your superpowers are no match for mine, I can't tell anything from my aches! Can you predict the lottery with them or something along those lines?

VeeGettingHealthy said...

Please send some snow our way. It's been an almost-snowless winter (humph) here in the Denver, CO area. We were supposed to have snow today, and so far it's been like 3 flakes. Back up to high 60's/low 70's within days. Ah, come on! Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Jess said...

I get headaches when the pressure changes here before storms, so I too sometimes feel like an old lady.

Good luck with that storm! Yuck.