Monday, March 2, 2009

February Recap

I am not one who likes to wish time away, but I am so glad February is over! That means we are another month closer to snowless days and warmer temps. February was not as stellar as January but I did make a little progress:

  • Another month of no fast food. (2 months with no McDonalds is a new lifetime record)
  • Completed 4 weeks of the Couch to 5k Program and I am now running for minutes at a time rather than seconds.
  • I might have cracked the code to the Garmin (not getting cocky about that yet as the calibration is off)
  • Signed up for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon in June (I hope to find out today or tomorrow if I get in *crossing fingers*)
  • I had a some weight loss but did not hit the 6lbs I shot for. Damn candy!
Looking forward to March:
  • Finish the C25K and start half marathon training (I do realize it is a big jump in goals, but it has been done)
  • Drop the 6lbs that I hoped to lose in February

Today is the lottery and I will be stalking the marathon site to see if we hear anything (I am praying Sarge gets in too). I have no patience and this is killing me.

Happy Monday!

20 comments:

Missy said...

Way to go on the NO fast food. Busy lives can make that hard. Once you crack the damn Garmin code you need to help me;)

Melanie said...

keeping my fingers crossed for you two for the lottery! I'm happy feb is over with too :)

Carolina John said...

good job avoiding McGreasy. that will pay many dividends on down the road. Stay with the training plan, i just got back on mine saturday.

Marcy said...

GOOD LUCK with the lottery Carly!

Great job on passing up the McD's. I don't think I could do it :-/ We have one literally (if even this much) a half mile up the road. You know my Suzie Homemaker self fully utilizes it :P

Marlene said...

Sounds like a good month! Here's hoping March is eve better.

RunningLaur said...

Good luck with the lottery!
I did C25K straight to half marathon training, but was sure that I had a lot of time to do it. I can send you the plan i followed if you're looking for an easy to follow schedule!

Diana said...

Awesome control over the fast food issues! Good luck with the lottery!
Thank God for March and spring around the corner!

celmore said...

Keep up the good work!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Good on you, sister, for keeping away from McDeath. You just added about 10 years to your life right there. (As long as you keep away from all those McDeath juniors - burger queen, wenchy's, etc.)

Good luck getting into your race. And good luck on the March goals!

VeeGettingHealthy said...

I have no patience either. But it sounds like you did have a lot to do in February and I can certainly understand that appreciation for the arrival of March. I can't completely give up the fast food yet. Especially when I feel like **** which is what I've been feeling the last few days. Check out my blog - I describe it. Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Tammy said...

Good luck getting into the Half!

Congrats on a decent February.

I'm also glad it's closer to spring. The hardest part around here is having 3 or 4 days of 60+ degree weather, followed by 3 or 4 days of 15 degree weather. Ugh!!

Cyndi said...

Nice work...it only gets better from here! The weather, the running...the weight loss etc. Keeping fingers crossed for you for the 1/2.

What training plan will you be working for the 1/2?

tfh said...

I hope you get into the half! It's so much easier to stay away from the junk food once the weather gets nicer-- great job making it through February!

MCM Mama said...

WTG on the no fast food. I'm quite impressed.

Fingers crossed you get into the half!

aron said...

great job on all those accomplishments for feb!! good luck on the lottery!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Great job with cutting out the fast food. That will pay off in more ways than one...

Heather said...

Congrats on the two months with no fast food - that's awesome! Did you and Sarge sign up for the 1/2 as a group? I did with one of my friends, so at least we're either both in or out. Hopefully we'll find out soon!

A GIRL RUNNING said...

I am 2 months without McDonalds too :) it's getting easier

Good luck with the lottery

TNTcoach Ken said...

LOL.... running for minutes instead of seconds, that is too funny. Keep up the great work and bring on the warmth.

lindsay said...

all great accomplishments in feb! we can let the candy one slide a little :) just don't let it slide for a whole month like i tend to do!