Friday, March 13, 2009

Fitting Room Blues

We all have those stories where we are traumatized by fitting room mirrors. The horrible lighting mixed in with a three way mirror is the perfect recipe for low self esteem. My Friday night was nothing short of a horror story. I have not been in a fitting room since Baby Diva was born. That's right....well over a year and a half I have not locked myself in one of these mental torture chambers. I was forced to try to buy something because I am literally wearing out my clothes. Believe it or not I am not going to complain about being chubby this time (only because I got into pants in a smaller size) . HOWEVER, I was horrified to see what time is doing to my body.

First of all I had the big 3......stretch marks, cellulite, and VERICOSE VEINS. I am not talking about a little spider veins. I am talking big bulging blue veins. My legs seriously look like a 3D road map. To make it stand out a bit more, my legs are as pasty white as you can get. Gah! I am 35??!!!! What the hell am I a going to look like at 65? I already knew that my days of being a bikini model were over, but I just wasn't ready to get rid of the shorts as well.

*SIGH* At least I am healthy and happy right?

I haven't run since Tuesday. I am milking this low iron thing trying to take it easy and not completely wear myself out. Excuse or not, I am using it. I am taking the time to reorganize and plan as there may be some major schedule changes coming to the Casa de Chubby Chica.

Hope everyone is have a grand weekend. Spring is definitely springing here and the snow is melting like crazy. I have been stalking all of you, I just haven't had a chance to comment.

20 comments:

mommie2lea said...

Yeah, I have the big three, too... big time! And the huge 4th one, which is scars from my surgeries. When you are cut open from breastbone to pubic bone not once but TWICE, along with 64 staples down your belly, the others seem to fit right in! Thank goodness no one but my DD sees me naked, LOL!

I hope you get your energy back, ad then your running will ramp right back up. :-)

Girl on Top said...

I definitely have insecurities with my body too. Like how it can be better, and ewww my inner thighs are looking a bit drabby these days, and what are those ripples on the side of my thighs, etc.

But hey, this only means that tomorrow, I'm going to be healthier than today and that's worth striving for!

Melanie said...

i hate change rooms too... hang in there

Diana said...

The legs look like a road map cracked me up-good thing I wasn't drinking anything at the time.
The pasty white will soon turn to a golden tan when the spring comes-I too have had to come to grips with the fact that my tan lines are completely gone! Now, you are 35....I just turned 47. You are as old as you feel. I feel at best 35! Don't let the cellulite, the veins and the whiteness get you down. You give it your all when you do and be proud for getting out there! Enough of the low esteem-get up and out and enjoy the weather-good things are yet to come! Enjoy the years, never take 'em for granted, tomorrow may never come-so respect today as it should be! :-)
Remember this...if we all walked around naked it would definitely be a even playing field!

teacherwoman said...

At least you are healthy and happy... true dat! :)

AKA Alice said...

Everything Diana said is true, but I still buy all my clothes at Costco or Target and I almost never try them on...pretty much for the reasons you mention. When I get them home, if they fit, AWESOME. If they don't...back they go...I'm the queen of returns. This is also probably the reason why my wardrobe is so bland and full of the same clothes in different colors, because when I know something fits, I buy 5 :-)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

I had to have a procedure in my mid thirties to take care of vericose veins. When they are really bad they are painful. Something for your to consider...

MCM Mama said...

Changing rooms just suck! But yay for smaller pants!

MizFit said...

*SIGH* At least I am healthy and happy right?

somedays that is SOOO enough and others? not so much huh? :)

whats shaken with the schedule changes?

do tell!!

Missy said...

Well at least it wasn't the fun house torture and you got into smaller pants. That is great news, always an ego boost! TAN legs will be here soon...

Marcy said...

Ohhhh girl! Gimme a call when you have 1385378563 stretch marks because that's what I'm working with. And we aren't talking about the small ones here. I'm talking it looks like I got slashed up by a razor blade type stretch marks. But hey that 75 extra lbs X 2 (one time for each kid) was worth it. I mean really, who wants to eat celery and carrots when they're pregnant :P

Marlene said...

I'd be milking it too.

Jess said...

Those mirrors are evil. Plain and simple evil.

X-Country2 said...

Those mirrors are sooo rotten. Keep taking care of yourself.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Get yourself well and don't worry about the mirrors. It is the scales that are bothering me right now.

RBR said...

Oh girl, I think we all relate to this one. Well, maybe that b@tch Tosca Reno doesn't (where does she getting off looking like that at 49?!), but regular women do.

No babies, so I don't have stretch marks, but I will commiserate with you on cellulite all day long.

lindsay said...

uggh i feel the same at 24. and seeing the people on biggest loser sure doesn't help either. oh you went from a size 92 to a 0? i can't even go from an 6-8 to 4. ugggh.

no shame on taking it easy, hope you've been enjoying it!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I am not talking about a little spider veins. I am talking big bulging blue veins.

I was in a dressing room, naked, one time and I saw the same thing in my leg. ZOMG!!1!

Then I breathed a sigh of relief when I realized, Hey! that's not my leg...

That earned me 1385378563 Pig-points, which, coincidentally, is exactly the same number of stretch marks Marcy has! What are the chances?!1?

little pink planet said...

omg you had me peeing my pants! those rooms ARE seriously meant to keep chicks feeling like crap! i'm pretty sure it's some sorta conspiracy! xo

Cathy said...

I have the big bulging blue veins too. Both legs. I am on the 'list' to have them taken care of. I cannot wait. I have to stop breastfeeding still.

I am just thankful I can run still. Veins or not.

I feel like I have old man legs, and makes me feel really ugly. I try not to dwell on them. But it is hard no too.

Take care. I can really identify with your post.