Monday, March 9, 2009

Hell is Freezing Over

On Friday I received the following email from my BFF:
What would you say if I actually said that I was thinking of maybe training for the Richfield ½ marathon with you?



Did you just have a heart attack?

(haha if she is reading this she will probably kick my ass)

THEN...Chubby Hubby made this comment on this post:

Blogger Chubby Hubby said...

That sounds like a great plan. If we can work it maybe I will run it with you...just a little slower as usual.
March 5, 2009 3:20 PM

These two people laugh in my face when I dare to breathe the words "Do you want to run a race with me". I think I am starting to crack them. There is going to be a big posse running that Urban Wildland Half Marathon. Now I actually have proof that they are interested... I have it in writing *evil laugh*. As far as I am concerned, a maybe means they are in! Hell REALLY is starting to freeze.

Runners with a Mission
Two of my favorite Bloggers, Run Mommy and Marci have teamed up to train for the Barbados Marathon with Joints in Motion. Joints in Motion is an athletic training program that raises awareness and money for the Arthritis Society. They will be running for Reese (and all people the suffer with this disease). Reese is Run Mommy's little girl who was diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 2 years ago. If you are interested click here to sign up for the race and to get more information. Did I mention there are prizes????


32 comments:

Tammy said...

I love it when I can convert a non-runner... and it's always motivating to me as well.

Marcy said...

Really now?!? Now this means that you can be their leader and crak the whip, right? ;-)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Running converts!

Yay!

Heather said...

I love new converts! I've had friends tell me they were scared to ask me to run with them, because they thought I would get all crazy. And it's true, I do get all crazy. So?

Sounds like it will be a fun race with the group!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Ha-ha! Runners are worse than door-to-door evangelical Christians! Always on the lookout for converts!

Missy said...

That rocks, how fun. Bring them to the dark side!

tfh said...

Muahahaha! Nice work!

X-Country2 said...

I love sucking people into running. Way to peer pressure!

Johnny Vu said...

Yes, I am actually writing this... When is the 1/2... I might do it as well... and if I am doing it, and you two are doing it... then maybe Kristen might do it... that means Mom and Dad get all the kids and the dog.

Marlene said...

If they try t back down,we'll help you hold them to it! That would be awesome.

KaNtWheYt2012 said...

Great blog and very motivating. I read about your blog on another weight loss blog (kimkinsdiet.blogspot.com). I'll visit again soon. Happy losing!

Run Mommy said...

Thanks for the post about Reese's Run Carly! We are really excited about it and hope that it is a big success!

Carolina John said...

yea get them running. you can totally do the half. just do it.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

i hope at least one will run it with you. so much more fun that way. :-)

BeachRunner said...

Way to go!

Melanie said...

Awesome that you're a positive influence! :D

aron said...

that is SO awesome!!! one of my best friends who HATED running did a half marathon in Feb after she saw me do my first marathon... I was so proud of her!!!

Skyler Clark said...

From a former GNC manager. Great post. Please keep it up. Information is key and if you are willing to share you may influence others.

D10 said...

Very cool. I actually work in an arthritis research center at a university!

teacherwoman said...

Running converts... LOL!

So, how is the weather in the cities? I think hell froze over up here in Fargo.

MCM Mama said...

Cool, some new converts! I'm always excited when I can get someone who just runs for exercise to decide to run a race. I'm all about sharing the addiction LOL.

Running Around Acres said...

run, no runners, run or we will convert you. Ha we already have.

lindsay said...

congrats on starting to convert them! i think it's definitely intriguing to non-runners when they see someone really enjoying it and dedicating time to it, and then when they see you finishing a race. the ripple effect is well under way! see how you inspire people? :)

Marci said...

Thanks so much for your support! Its really appreciated! Good job converting the masses too!

carla said...

impressed.

ready to covert.

maybe.

SuperDave said...

Isn't it fun when we suck our friends into running with us? Good for you!!

Lily on the Road said...

Well done Obi-Wan!!

Meg said...

ooOOOooo...I have an evil idea (tm) forming in my head regarding the NYC marathon, crash space at my apartment, and many bloggers joining together in one glorious running team (yes I'm slightly delusional.)

Congrats on converting the new runners!

Meg said...

ooOOOooo...I have an evil idea (tm) forming in my head regarding the NYC marathon, crash space at my apartment, and many bloggers joining together in one glorious running team (yes I'm slightly delusional.)

Congrats on converting the new runners!

Xenia said...

It's like being a Jehovah's witness only better. :)

Carlee said...

That's great that you are pulling people over to the dark side; and with a 1/2. Very nice work. perhaps I should give you my fiancee's email

Non-Runner Nancy said...

OMG you're a role model, in a good way. ;)

Loved Xenia's line too.