Monday, March 23, 2009

Hooray Spring Six Miler


This past weekend was the Hooray Spring Six Mile Virtual race hosted by RunningLaur. I set out to do the 6K option which translates to 3.7 miles. I mapped out a route around my hood and set out to do a run/walk. It was such a nice day today that I asked my little Diva if she wanted to go for a ride. That way I could have a stroller to lean on and blame her for my slowness some good quality time with my youngest spawn. She was so excited, she brought me her shoes and jacket and willingly put them on and then squealed and screeched by the back door until I loaded her into the stroller.

We got .2 miles into the run and she was out cold. Nice running partner she is....hmmmpf! My "race" ended up being more of a walk than a run. I was feeling completely zapped and my legs felt like I was dragging cement. I know that I was not ready to run the whole 6K but I did hope to run more than I did. Total time was 60 minutes.

That zapped feeling I mentioned....turned into being a full blown nasty Spring cold. It is a doosey and I am completely wiped out. I was able to escape having a cold most of the winter because of Airborne and Zicam, but it did not work this time. Now I am earning my Mother of the Year title by parenting while laying on the couch.

That is all I have to report for now. I am finally starting to be able to catch up with all of my blog reading. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

26 comments:

raulgonemobile said...

It's funny how a cold can beat you down. At least you were out there.. When I get a nasty one, I'm looking for any excuse to phone it in.

aron said...

oh no! hope you feel better soon :( being sick is not fun!

great job getting out there with the little diva :)

Cyndi said...

UGH...I've been on the edge of that infamous cold for awhile now, but somehow have managed to escape it so far! I credit lots of tea drinking! This is the first winter that I started drinking tea, at least 3 cups a day, and I did not get one cold, flu, cough...nada!

Feel better soon!

(I love that parenting from the couch ha ha...it's nice to have an excuse to do it though isn't it? )

VeeGettingHealthy said...

Feel better soon. Remember to drink hot tea with maybe a little fresh lemon juice and honey. Vee - www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Marcy said...

Automatic 10 minutes off when the stroller is involved! LOL

Hope you start feeling on the ups soon chica!

Tammy said...

Awww, hope you feel better quickly!

Great job getting out there!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Couch parenting - I been there, sister!

Still, nice job on getting out there and getting it done. If your kid's stroller can't prop you up during a run, what use is she, right?

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hope you feel better soon!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Melanie said...

Ugh! hope you feel better soon... great job getting out there though! Awesome!

RunningLaur said...

Feel better! A walk's better than sitting on the couch eating chips. :).

Thanks for doing the race!

MCM Mama said...

Hope you feel better soon! Glad you were at least able to get out there and walk it.

Marci said...

I hear you on the cold! I have never caught a spring cold before! I am so frustrated by it. Walk or run, you got it done!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Sorry about the cold, but you did the 6K anyway...anyspeed...good stuff

WADDLER26.2 said...

Hope you feel Spring colds are the worst.

Marlene said...

Way to get it done, Carly! Now get well soon!

teacherwoman said...

Hey, at least you are parenting... that's more than some of those people out there with kids will do. LOL.

Heather said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Missy said...

That sucks arse! Sorry about your funky. Hope you're feeling better soon.

chia said...

*sigh* tis the time of congestion :-(. Hope you feel waaaaay better soon!

FLYERS26 said...

Atleast you got outside and did it.
Hope you feel better.

D10 said...

Your daughter sounds so cute!! Hope you start feeling better.

Jess said...

Sorry to hear that you've caught a cold! That sucks.

MizFit said...

take care of yourself and HEAL before you run again.

(I know I k now but I cant helo & say it anyway :))

X-Country2 said...

Yuck! Get well soon.

lindsay said...

at least you got out there! hope you are feeling better!