Saturday, March 7, 2009

Look Ma...I'm Runnin'!

Activity Type: Running
Time: 00:27:05
Distance: 2.23 mi
Total Calories: 333

I started off with a 5 minute walking warm up then ran the rest. I ran almost 2 whole miles without stopping. I am beyond overjoyed despite my snail-like pace. I reviewed the C25K plan for this week and workout 2 was to do 2 intervals of 8 minutes and workout 3 was to run for 20 minutes without stopping. That worried me a little so I tried it to run the whole time...and I did. The speed will come in time, I am just happy that I was able to track in miles rather than minutes today.

Happy weekend everyone. The rest of my weekend involves cleaning and shuffling kids to their social engagements (Sad, very sad that my 6 year old has a better social life than I do).

27 comments:

Melanie said...

Congrats on your milestone :) That's amazing!

Marlene said...

Awesome progress! Congratulations. Keep it up!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Who cares about speed? We're talking forward motion here. The activity says running and that's what it was, congrats.

Sarah said...

Way to go!!

Kelly said...

WOOHOO!!! Great job!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Yay!Way to go

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, geez, your Ma's here?!

Quick, cup that doobie and try not to act spaced out! Just be cool and wait till she leaves!

STOP GIGGLING!1!

Good job on the run, sister! You're on your way.

Okay, Ma's gone - pass the doobie! Come on! No bogartin'!

RunningNan said...

YAY

RunningLaur said...

Wow congratulations!
I remember that week of C25K and it's the roughest one. Great job!

Heather said...

Congrats on the run! Have a good rest of the weekend.

MCM Mama said...

Woot! Way to go!

SuperDave said...

Good job! 2 miles nonstop!

Lance said...

Very awesome!

And...I completely understand about who has the better social life in the house too - that seems like all we do - be a taxi service to our three kids!!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

RBR said...

Yay! Great job on a great run! Congratulations on your Plan B race choice. I can't wait to read all about it!

X-Country2 said...

What a great milestone! Keep up the good work.

chia said...

Don't feel bad, your 6 yr old probably has more than a social life than me too ;-)

akshaye said...

NIce! it is a great idea to focus on time and not speed. Helps you build endurance.

AKA Alice said...

Hooray! She's baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

(PS. My kids have waaaaay better social lives than I do...that's why I run).

Jess said...

Great job!

aron said...

yayyyy great job!

Kate said...

Wow! Congrats!

Diana said...

Congrats on the runnin'

raulgonemobile said...

Nice job! I'm with you, I'd prefer tracking miles over minutes.

Meg said...

*cheer* I just found your blog and what a wonderful post to start reading on! Go you!

-Meg
http://morfit.blogspot.com/

Tammy said...

Congrats on the run!!

And, no worries... my kids have a much better social life than me. Dang teenagers!

Laura N said...

Woohoo, great job on your nonstop 2 miles!

lindsay said...

great progress! congrats on achieving the 2-mile! you are doing awesome