Monday, March 30, 2009

Retail Therapy

The de-frumping is going quite well. I think I was so disturbed by what I saw in the mirror last week that this project needed to take priority. Thursday night I hit the health and beauty section at Target and picked up everything from new lipstick to nail polish. I even got some new hard core anti-winkle face cream and eye gel. Add my haircut appointment this week and I will feel like a new woman.


While I was up North, I went shopping and picked up a few items. I got:
  • 2 pairs of jeans
  • Black shrug sweater
  • Hot pink shirt
  • Green and white vesty thing
  • Blue sweater
  • Pink sweater
  • 2 pairs of black shoes
  • a sausage roller (a figure smoothing camisole)
(All stuff that is out of my norm yet jives with my casual style)

I found tons of awesome sales and spent less than I thought I would. I didn't want to spend any money on clothes being the size that I am only because I will get too thin for them (eye roll, that has been my excuse for how long now?) I did most of my shopping at Le Tar-jay and Old Navy. I need to thank those who suggested Eddie Bauer. I have never shopped there. I am glad I stopped because they had tons of cute things for not a lot of money. I will definitely go back.

I was Hmmmming and Haaaingg about shopping. I didn't want to spend $17.99(yeah I am CHEAP) on a shirt and my girlfriend kindly reminded me that I think nothing of buying a bottle of booze that costs more than that. She had a point so I sucked it up and bought it. It will feel good to get rid of it when I get too skinny for it, but for now I will look good.

I am so excited about these shoes. They are fun and trendy and not like the fugly maternity shoes I have been wearing for over 5 years.
While we were sitting around my parents house, my mother kindly reminded me that I "forgot" to run. She keeps tabs on me by reading my blog and on Friday I mentioned that I would run each day during the weekend. I didn't. I was not feeling up to up. I am still battling the extreme exhaustion and I didn't feel like doing it.. Today I fought through it and went out for a 2.2 mile run. I don't have any stats because I was running so slow that it wasn't worth the effort of strapping it on. I finished a little over 20 minutes (best guess). Tomorrow I run with Sarge and I can't shake this feeling that I will be puking by the time we are done.

Mother Nature is a real BEYOTCH! We are supposed to get between 1-10" (eye roll) of snow tomorrow. When I am I ever going to wear my capri pants?????!!! This had better be it. I have had it!

31 comments:

Heather said...

Cute shoes! I love a good shopping spree.

If I have to listen to these bastards talk about our little snow storm for much longer, I'm going to end up having to buy my husband a new TV. That thing is going to get a rock right through the center!

AKA Alice said...

Yay! Shopping...

Thanks for posting the haul. I love shopping in any form...even vicariously.

I do all my shopping at Old Navy and Target (and the tables at Costco)...and I'm not even that cheap...just lazy.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Good job on your shopping. Nothing wrong with Target (or Old Navy - but I prefer Target myself). :-)

Melanie said...

retail therapy is always fun! awesome! hope the weather forecast is wrong :(

Marci said...

Those shoes are waayy cute! Glad you got yourself some new clothes!

Missy said...

I'm like Alice, way lazy on the shopping - I need to de-athlete and look like I don't live out of a gym bag...someday.

Nice haul, way to go. Maybe if you run a little you won't feel as crappy? Just a thought.

MizFit said...

my wardrobe is all target walmart and old navy.
I giggle that in todays economy the GAP is like PRADA to me (and I kinda like that.)

Cant wait to see new haircut pics!!

Diana said...

It's fun to shop, Target therapy is always a boost to the mental game!
I love shopping at Cabela's!
I have noticed lately that my closet consists of "free" race shirts and workout tanks.....I need to shop!

D10 said...

Cute shoes. Glad you were able to find some sweet deals. What a range for snow 1-10 inches. Hope you guys end up with none.

Marcy said...

I loooveee me some Target! They have cute things in there!

And don't sweat the sausage roller. I have a pair of Spanx myself for my muffin top HAHA!

Amanda said...

Love love love those shoes! Just try to remember that it's ok to spend a little more on things if you'll wear them more. It's all about the price per wear:)

raulgonemobile said...

I'd rather stick with the booze than go clothes shopping, myself, but I'm glad you had a good time. :)

Carolina John said...

retail therapy will make you feel better fo sho! we have a thrift store down the road where kelley gets nice stuff with tags still on for only $1. it's awesome! today, in fact, she's wearing a $1 liz somebody dress. love it.

Lily on the Road said...

good shopping!!

Will spring EVER come?

Al's CL Reviews said...

Yay on shopping!

SeeGirlRun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SeeGirlRun said...

You are so funny! I am going through exactly the same thing. Trying very hard not to be frumpy. I haven't gone on the shopping spree yet because I intend to lose another 10 pounds (sound familiar?) first BUT, I have been culling the fugly clothes out of my closet. And SHOE shopping is the best because they fit (almost) no matter what size your butt is!

jlou said...

Now that I've seen those shoes, I MUST go shopping myself. I too am more likely to spend $17.99 on booze than an item of clothing which disturbs me ever so slightly now that I've thought about it. Methinks it's time for me to step up my wardrobe too!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

a sausage roller

Get the eff outta here! (I'm saying "eff" now that I know Mom's a reader. Hi, Mom!) Is that what they're called?

Hahahahaha!

I'm stupid about women's clothes, so if they're not called that, I wouldn't know!

Teh 'Bride loves Eddie Bauer. But then Teh. B. just loves shopping, so ...

Good job toughing out the 2.2-miler, sister!

1-10"? can't they narrow it down any? Nice job, weatherman.

I bought new running shoes this morning online and now Teh Marcy is auctioning off a gift certy for sneaks! man, I better win it, but I'll still be p*ssed if I do!

Sarah said...

Yeah for shopping!! Looks like you got some cute stuff!

teacherwoman said...

Way to go Carly! Lovin' the shoes! And I assume you will be wearing those capris come June?!

VeeGettingHealthy said...

I'm not even close to looking for new clothes, and even when/if/no, when I get around 200 lbs, I'll probably wear the same clothes since I don't leave the house much.

Have a good day. Hope you're doing better. Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

tfh said...

Great job on the de-frumping. I am laughing about the disturbed by what you saw in the mirror comment. Not because it's funny, exactly, but because it's familiar. Getting nice stuff on sale feels great.

X-Country2 said...

Cute new stuff! I love the shoes.

Catholic Runner said...

"a sausage roller" caused me to laugh out loud!

lindsay said...

mmm shopping. i love old navy, but i am like -ugh 12.99? what a rip off- too! haha. even though it's obviously not, i still kind of gripe about it. i need to put forth an effort... most days i wear a shirt/sweater that enables me to wear a sports bra underneath! :)

aron said...

yay for successful shopping!!! hope spring comes for you soon!

Marlene said...

Nice stuff! Good point about the booze....

MCM Mama said...

Yay for retail therapy! Cute shoes!

Can't wait to see the new 'do.

Anonymous said...

As I was loosing weight, I found that the Good Will in a really nice area of town was a great place to shop. I got great brand name (sometimes really expensive clothes) for $4-$6. I had new stuff to wear and as I continued to lose weight I didn't feel as if I were out alot of money.

Maternity Shoes said...

Yeah! Good job on your shopping. Nothing wrong with Target!